Zelda on Collector's Disc and VC

Zeeman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Who here owns the NES Legend of Zelda for the VC and on the Collector's disc? Do you plan on buying the other games that were on the disc for the VC too (eg OoT, AoL)? What are you going to do with your Collector's disc if you do?

My Collector's Disc was still sealed, so I sold it on Ebay for $90, and I just rebuy them on the VC. It's a $60 profit, roughly, so I'm happy. Playing them on the Classic Controller is a lot better than the wavebird, too, imo.

Well from the looks of things the VC emulators are better than the ones included on the Gamecube compilation. It will be a pain because my GF and I both own a Wii and in theory would need to download it twice since we are both Zelda nuts, but I think I'm going to eBay my copy shortly, or post it in the forums.

I bought a copy recently for $40 shipped, should arrive I'd hope tommorow (He said he shipped it monday).. but I'm really just looking to playing Majora's mask and selling it back.. I expect OoT to hit the VC in the next month or two. I do expect it to retain it's value though

I sold my CE for $45 or so, chances are I will get OoT on VC at some point since I never played it. I still have my Zelda and Zelda 2 carts, but I may think about getting those on VC once I send my NES off to my sister.

I have original carts for all the Zelda games, and the collection disc, so theres no need for me to get the VC versions. Its not worth paying for the game again just to play it with a new controller.

[quote name='botticus']I sold my CE for $45 or so, chances are I will get OoT on VC at some point since I never played it. I still have my Zelda and Zelda 2 carts, but I may think about getting those on VC once I send my NES off to my sister.[/quote]

I didn't realize there were still gamers on this plane of existence that haven't played OoT...

You, sir, are in for a treat!

I think I'm going to put my Collector's Edition in my TL. With the Wii, VC, and Classic Controller there's no reason to keep it.

[quote name='Puffa469']I have original carts for all the Zelda games, and the collection disc, so theres no need for me to get the VC versions. Its not worth paying for the game again just to play it with a new controller.[/QUOTE]

You know, I would have agreed. Until I quietly DLed ToZ and ALttP to my girlfriends Wii and she set down and replayed the orignal Zelda from memory to the point where she had the White Sword before beating the first dungeon.

It looked like a blast and suddenly I wanted to play Zelda again. However, pulling out the classic systems will become more of a problem since the olders systems didnt include RCA cables and on newer HD TV's anything less than component can be a problem.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I have the collectors disc and won't rebuy any of them on the VC. Why buy something I can already play on the Wii?[/QUOTE]

Better controller? I won't sell my disc with just OoT of time, but I'll sell the Collector's Edition.

Hmm, interesting replies. For me, the idea of owning the entire series of a game on one system is very appealing. However, it is also costly.

Having already owned all the Zelda in one form or another I don't know why I would pay for them again. All my systems are hooked up already so there is no extra work on setting up to the television.

Plus, if I did buy them for the VC. I don't know what I would do with the original carts. I probably wouldn't sell them due to sentimental value.

But then again, having all these games on my Wii would be insanley awesome.

Oh the conundrums!

[quote name='Zeeman']Hmm, interesting replies. For me, the idea of owning the entire series of a game on one system is very appealing. However, it is also costly.

Having already owned all the Zelda in one form or another I don't know why I would pay for them again. All my systems are hooked up already so there is no extra work on setting up to the television.

Plus, if I did buy them for the VC. I don't know what I would do with the original carts. I probably wouldn't sell them due to sentimental value.

But then again, having all these games on my Wii would be insanley awesome.

Oh the conundrums![/QUOTE]

Sentimental value is overrated. Today I put about 4 games in my TL that I thought I would never get rid of (Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Eternal Darkness, and LOZ: CE). I don't need them.

I suppose it can be overrated. i remember when I use to think that I would never sell any of my games because I bought them for a reason. However, I loosened up a bit after selling a few Cube games. But what about original cartridges of FF III, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger? Super Metroid and Super Mario RPG? Are you saying I should depart with them when the arrive for the VC?

[quote name='munch']Better controller? I won't sell my disc with just OoT of time, but I'll sell the Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

Meh, those games play fine with the Wavebird (and I'm one that prefers the Classic Control for most stuff on the VC).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Meh, those games play fine with the Wavebird (and I'm one that prefers the Classic Control for most stuff on the VC).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they play fine, but the D-pad, IMO, is awful for the NES Zelda games. Different strokes, different folks.

I own the Zelda Collector's disc and I would only buy Majora's Mask on VC if the emulation is better. I'll skip the other three.

[quote name='munch']Yeah, they play fine, but the D-pad, IMO, is awful for the NES Zelda games. Different strokes, different folks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the d-pad sucks, but can't use use the analog stick? I seem to recall using it on Zelda 1 and liking it fine.

Zelda 2 I have no desire to play through, just didn't hold up well even though I liked it back in the day. Zelda 1 didn't hold up all that well either IMO.

So I guess that's more reason I wouldn't rebuy them than anything, just not worth the money to me, especially when the only advantage is a more comfy controller.

well i have both collectors disc , and ill prob still hold onto them. I did download LOZ:ALTTP , i never understood why this game was not included on the collectors disc???

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']well i have both collectors disc , and ill prob still hold onto them. I did download LOZ:ALTTP , i never understood why this game was not included on the collectors disc???[/QUOTE]

LTTP GBA was out at the time and they didn't want to offer competish.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']well i have both collectors disc , and ill prob still hold onto them. I did download LOZ:ALTTP , i never understood why this game was not included on the collectors disc???[/QUOTE]

Because it was (and probably still *is* since it was made PC recently) selling quite well for the GBA at the time the GCN Compilation was released. Considering it was selling for $30 a pop at the time, it would have been silly for Nintendo to release it with the other four games on what was basically a $20 disc.

[quote name='UncleBob']Because it was (and probably still *is* since it was made PC recently) selling quite well for the GBA at the time the GCN Compilation was released. Considering it was selling for $30 a pop at the time, it would have been silly for Nintendo to release it with the other four games on what was basically a $20 disc.[/QUOTE]

It was a $100 disc really. You could only get it by buying a Cube or buying 2 or 3 Cube games and entering the codes online. EB started charging $60 for the game used as soon as it hit.

[quote name='gizmogc']It was a $100 disc really. You could only get it by buying a Cube or buying 2 or 3 Cube games and entering the codes online. EB started charging $60 for the game used as soon as it hit.[/quote]
It was a $20 game at one point because with the purchase of a Nintendo Power sub ($20), you could get Zelda CE for free.

I have the disk, so there will be no way I'm going to buy OoT or MM on the VC unless they upgrade them with Wii controls, which I'm sure wont happen (although it does seem like a pretty easy way to really increase the sales of the games).

I don't plan to get rid of my Zelda Collector's Disc nor do I plan to download any of the Zelda games on VC. I already have enough copies of the first Zelda (also have it on NES and GBA) and LttP (SNES and GBA). Glad I got the collector's disc when I could still get one for $20.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was a $20 game at one point because with the purchase of a Nintendo Power sub ($20), you could get Zelda CE for free.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it was *really* a free disc, since you got it free with a one year sub to Nintendo Power, $80-$100 worth of games (Choose two of Mario Party 5, Mario Kart:Double Dash, Avalance 1080 or Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga) or with the purchase of a new (specially marked) GameCube. Since someone who just didn't want *any* of this stuff could have did the $20 Nintendo Power route and threw away the magazines, it's fair to say that it was a $20 disc...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was a $20 game at one point because with the purchase of a Nintendo Power sub ($20), you could get Zelda CE for free.[/QUOTE]

That's how I got mine. I'll probably put mine up on eBay, too, if I ever get around to trimming my collection.

[quote name='UncleBob']Exactly, it was *really* a free disc, since you got it free with a one year sub to Nintendo Power, $80-$100 worth of games (Choose two of Mario Party 5, Mario Kart:Double Dash, Avalance 1080 or Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga) or with the purchase of a new (specially marked) GameCube. Since someone who just didn't want *any* of this stuff could have did the $20 Nintendo Power route and threw away the magazines, it's fair to say that it was a $20 disc...[/quote]
That's the thing, who would pay for Nintendo Power if there wasn't a great incentive to do so? ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's the thing, who would pay for Nintendo Power if there wasn't a great incentive to do so? ;)[/quote]

seconded. i saw it as a 20 dollar disc with 12 months of punishment attached.

Did you know that you can forward Nintendo Power subs as gifts? perhaps you have a younger relative who would enjoy the magazine... just call Nintendo and have them forward the subscription to them (sending you the free gift, of course! ;))

[quote name='UncleBob']Did you know that you can forward Nintendo Power subs as gifts? perhaps you have a younger relative who would enjoy the magazine... just call Nintendo and have them forward the subscription to them (sending you the free gift, of course! ;))[/quote]

what a horrible thing to do to a child.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's the thing, who would pay for Nintendo Power if there wasn't a great incentive to do so? ;)[/QUOTE]

I still get NP, of course I wait until they offer a bonus, but currently I have a two year subscription because I got both the Wiimote keychain and the Zelda soundtrack.

In the past it was a great deal, the offered a game, the guide, and some other bonus (controller or memory card) for less than the cost of the game and guide. I picked up MP Prime and Mario & Luigi this way.

I never had the Collectors Disc, so I'm just going to buy all the games on the VC. I own A Link to the Past in cart form, and I already bought that on the VC.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, the d-pad sucks, but can't use use the analog stick? I seem to recall using it on Zelda 1 and liking it fine.
[/quote]
I was playing lttp last night on VC with my wavebird. The dpad does really suck and the analog stick, while at first felt good started cutting out and just generally not working right.

Also the wavebird is really unwieldly with Contra. At first I didnt think I would need anything but the WB, but thats not the case. One interesting thing to point out is I have an ps2 controller to GC adapter Nyko made and it felt fantastic with Mario 64. Not all the buttons worked right with Metroid Prime, but it looks like for VC stuff it might work really well.

Id really like to try the classic controller, but I don't have the money to buy one ATM.

bread's done
Back