Zelda Oracle of Seasons / Oracle of Ages

I never played these back in the day - how well do they hold up? I'm a sucker for Zelda games, esp. overhead ones so I'm sure I'll get them anyway, just curious. :)

They're both great, if you like the overhead ones these are a must, definitely get both as well. I'm waiting to download them since my 3DS is charging on low battery and won't download them until it's charged enough :(

[quote name='argyle']I never played these back in the day - how well do they hold up? I'm a sucker for Zelda games, esp. overhead ones so I'm sure I'll get them anyway, just curious. :)[/QUOTE]

They are basically souped up versions of Link's Awakening, so if you liked that game you will like these. When you finish one, you can link it with the other to open a bonus sub quest and a lot of extras.

Downloaded both.

I played through one on the GB player for the Gamecube, but never played much of the other one. I think it was Ages I finished, but not sure.

I want to get them both so bad but I have a huge back log of 3DS games that Ive purchased and haven't completed.

Did anyone confirm that these work the same as they did in the GBC. You just enter one password into another game? I'll have to buy them right now and play them later since I am currently playing DK which is the first DK game that I play since DK 64 and I love it. Makes me want to pull out my SNES to play DK Country!

[quote name='eliter1']Did anyone confirm that these work the same as they did in the GBC. You just enter one password into another game? I'll have to buy them right now and play them later since I am currently playing DK which is the first DK game that I play since DK 64 and I love it. Makes me want to pull out my SNES to play DK Country![/QUOTE]

They work just like the other GB Virtual Console games.

[quote name='DNukem170']They work just like the other GB Virtual Console games.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I thought I read somewhere that in the VC versions they used the safe file instead of the codes like the original ones did.

[quote name='SumPro']I want to get them both so bad but I have a huge back log of 3DS games that Ive purchased and haven't completed.[/QUOTE]

Same here, Luigi's Mansion, DKCR, Mario Tennis, Fire Emblem, and I still haven't beat RE:R's final boss.

As much as I'd like to have these on my 3DS I can't justify paying even $1 for them. I still own both original carts and I've played each game at least 5 times - probably more.

The upgrade is worth it to me based on convenience and not having to worry about the dying battery losing my save. I've also never played them, so there's that too.

[quote name='Josh5890']Does it matter which game I play first?[/QUOTE]

Not really. They were designed to be played in any order.

Also, do note that there was a bonus ring that could only be obtained by playing it on a GameBoy Advance. Since you can't do that here, that ring is lost forever.

[quote name='DNukem170']Not really. They were designed to be played in any order.

Also, do note that there was a bonus ring that could only be obtained by playing it on a GameBoy Advance. Since you can't do that here, that ring is lost forever.[/QUOTE]

Codes from playing on GBA still work on these, so no, not forever.

Definitely getting both of these. This was my favorite Zelda back in the day (next to Link's Awakening and Link to the Past).

Playing Seasons right now
I finished the second Dungeon and have the second essence. I'm having trouble getting to the swmp though, even with the kangaroo. I'm just exploring though and having fun doing it.

bread's done
Back