Zelda phantom hourglass ship parts

mosey73

CAGiversary!
I have played this game for many hours and days, I have received many many ship parts, but my luck on random parts sucks. I have 5 demon prisons for example. I have played the boat game and the arrow game for hours trying to get a ship set of anything but I am not even close. I have not even received a single wheel yet but I have 4 red cannons. 4 bright hulls. this randomness sucks. I dont play around any one else so I can't trade parts from the three buckets .anyone else have this problem??????:bomb:

[quote name='mosey73']I have played this game for many hours and days, I have received many many ship parts, but my luck on random parts sucks. I have 5 demon prisons for example. I have played the boat game and the arrow game for hours trying to get a ship set of anything but I am not even close. I have not even received a single wheel yet but I have 4 red cannons. 4 bright hulls. this randomness sucks. I dont play around any one else so I can't trade parts from the three buckets .anyone else have this problem??????:bomb:[/quote]

Go to McDonalds or another free access point and trade some parts online?

Nintendo did this on purpose to make it rewarding to those who got online or traded wirelessly. Its not like there is a good reason to collect all the ship parts anyway.

I have one complete set, and two sets that are almost complete. I keep getting the same parts from the cannon game, but have had pretty good luck with salvaging.

[quote name='mosey73']I have played this game for many hours and days, I have received many many ship parts, but my luck on random parts sucks. I have 5 demon prisons for example. I have played the boat game and the arrow game for hours trying to get a ship set of anything but I am not even close. I have not even received a single wheel yet but I have 4 red cannons. 4 bright hulls. this randomness sucks. I dont play around any one else so I can't trade parts from the three buckets .anyone else have this problem??????:bomb:[/quote]

The Demon prison is the one piece from that set that I don't have.

I've done pretty well with the sets, but I realized early on that there was no way that I was going to get them all. I have two sets that I have 7 pieces for (Demon and the stone one). I haven't gotten too many duplicates, but I usually sell what I get extra since finding somone to trade with is just about not going to happen.

TBW

i know everyone is supposed to have their own rare/uncommon/common ship parts, but my cousin and i somehow managed to get the same setup (rare bright, uncommon stone and vintage). after mastering the arrow game, i'm lacking two parts on bright and the golden parts, but have gotten complete sets everywhere else. if you're too lazy to trade (and love playing minigames or beating the temple of the ocean king), there's a lot of "part grinding" to do...

I have 7 pieces in the dignified (the set just above the golden set) and the ancient sets. Only missing the wheel from dignified and the cabin from ancient. I've come the conclusion that the most efficient way to grind part is the shooting gallery. Once you master that game you can be getting a part a minute. It's a bitch because if you mess up only twice you're fucked but it gets really easy to figure out how to play well and get perfect scores after a few rounds.

[quote name='spiwak']I have 7 pieces in the dignified (the set just above the golden set) and the ancient sets. Only missing the wheel from dignified and the cabin from ancient. I've come the conclusion that the most efficient way to grind part is the shooting gallery. Once you master that game you can be getting a part a minute. It's a bitch because if you mess up only twice you're fucked but it gets really easy to figure out how to play well and get perfect scores after a few rounds.[/quote]

agreed. after i got the strategy down of aiming straight up for the most part and getting my timing down, parts rained down so much i felt bad for the poor guy. but yeah, missing one or two isn't too bad since you get treasures that you can sell for some $$$...

f**k ya, I'm collecting the iron collection, and I have at least 6 seapony cannons, 3 iron hulls, 5 vintage hulls, and an astonishing 12 battle wheels

I only need one more part to finish my set, but Im at that point in the game where collecting everything is a waste of time, and I'm more likely to just start a new game

[quote name='spiwak']I have 7 pieces in the dignified (the set just above the golden set) and the ancient sets. Only missing the wheel from dignified and the cabin from ancient. I've come the conclusion that the most efficient way to grind part is the shooting gallery. Once you master that game you can be getting a part a minute. It's a bitch because if you mess up only twice you're fucked but it gets really easy to figure out how to play well and get perfect scores after a few rounds.[/quote] i have not even seen anything from the dignified set yet I do have 5 golden pieces

You guys realize that Beedle stocks two new ship parts every day, right? I've found a lot of them there. Also going through the Ocean King Temple once you've beaten the game gets you some ship parts. I've managed to get all of them but six so far, and I only need one more golden part.

[quote name='rainking187']You guys realize that Beedle stocks two new ship parts every day, right? I've found a lot of them there. Also going through the Ocean King Temple once you've beaten the game gets you some ship parts. I've managed to get all of them but six so far, and I only need one more golden part.[/quote]
yeah, but it's only two a day... playing the games can get you a chance at nabbing the golden parts if you score high enough, and you can win them in minutes a time (as opposed to doing the whole "change the date or time to buy more parts). also, some prices can be ridiculous at beedle's (especially rares), but the games cost relatively low to play. going through the temple is in itself a minigame, so no matter what, it's a chore to get the parts unless someone trades with you.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Go to McDonalds or another free access point and trade some parts online?

Nintendo did this on purpose to make it rewarding to those who got online or traded wirelessly. Its not like there is a good reason to collect all the ship parts anyway.[/quote]

actually there is a good reason. If you get parts from the same set, your ship's health increases, and you can get it up to eight hearts by finding the golden parts, but if you just keep the original parts it stay at four hearts and with all the enemies and pirates and the occasional mini-boss on the sea, i dont have to explain why that's a bad thing.

by the way, i know how you can rake in major rupees once you have the cannon and the salvage arm. there is always a pair of pirate ships just north of the isle of gust. if you defeat them, one of the skulls on the map that symbolize enemies disappears and the other turns into a red x. sail to the center of the x and salvage to get rare ship parts that you can sell to the treasure teller for up to 800 rupees.

[quote name='Ruman62']actually there is a good reason. If you get parts from the same set, your ship's health increases, and you can get it up to eight hearts by finding the golden parts, but if you just keep the original parts it stay at four hearts and with all the enemies and pirates and the occasional mini-boss on the sea, i dont have to explain why that's a bad thing.

by the way, i know how you can rake in major rupees once you have the cannon and the salvage arm. there is always a pair of pirate ships just north of the isle of gust. if you defeat them, one of the skulls on the map that symbolize enemies disappears and the other turns into a red x. sail to the center of the x and salvage to get rare ship parts that you can sell to the treasure teller for up to 800 rupees.[/QUOTE]

Adding on to that: Once you have unlocked all the maps, you will find recurring pirate ships NOT ONLY north of the Isle of Gust, but also west of Goron Island and East of the Isle of the Dead. That's three locations for sunken treasure. And once you beat the temple, of course, u get 2 parts every time u finish.

bread's done
Back