Zelda Super Premium Edition!!??

coolz481

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
From Gamespot interview w/Reggie:

GS: What's the lasting impression you want people to walk away with after they leave your booth at E3?

RF: We want them to leave feeling that "Wow, Zelda is going to be as huge hit and I want it now. And I'm going to go to my local retailer and put a deposit for the super premium edition of the game," which we'll make available.

I'm racking my brain trying to think what Nintendo could include with a premium version of Zelda; the Collector's Edition is already out, Link to the Past is available as a Game Boy Advance game so older versions of Zelda are probably not part of the picture. Any ideas?

I'd guess an artbook, maybe soundtrack, poster, SHIRT (they do this a lot), hard bound manual, hint guide, older zelda games on a disc (like the other releases that had extra zelda games on the disc, which now sell for as much as (or more than) the game they came with. That'd be my guess, but who knows?

Lol... There are several different classes of extras for pre-ordering games; Great as in TLOZ: Ocarina of Time and The harder version, Ok as in T-shirts, and Sucky as in cheats, but this is in a class of its own. If you preorder the new Zelda game, you will get the full version of TLOZ: Wind Waker. And there's a bonus to that; this is a REMADE Wind Waker, not as in content, but COMPLETELY remade as in visuals. In other words, you get the Wind Waker again, but with realistic graphics from the new Zelda.

[quote name='Jigganis']Lol... There are several different classes of extras for pre-ordering games; Great as in TLOZ: Ocarina of Time and The harder version, Ok as in T-shirts, and Sucky as in cheats, but this is in a class of its own. If you preorder the new Zelda game, you will get the full version of TLOZ: Wind Waker. And there's a bonus to that; this is a REMADE Wind Waker, not as in content, but COMPLETELY remade as in visuals. In other words, you get the Wind Waker again, but with realistic graphics from the new Zelda.[/quote]

If your source on that info was the April edition of EGM, you might want to check the date that they said the preorders would be available.

A nice screen shot, though. One of their better pranks...

The Super Hyper Ultra Mega Donkey Punch Ω bundle will blow your mind...

Honestly, why do Japanese companies get these long crazy names for products?

[quote name='loserboy']aargh....i can't believe I fell for it too...Jesus, for an 8th grade teacher, I'm pretty stupid.[/quote]

Don't feel bad, in my school that was a prerequisite for all teachers.

[quote name='Kayden']The Super Hyper Ultra Mega Donkey Punch Ω bundle will blow your mind...

Honestly, why do Japanese companies get these long crazy names for products?[/quote]

Super Hyper Ultra Robot Monkey Force Go!

Wow Nintendo is really lame now.

It's the super deduper megaton special limited edition shiney silver edition Gamecube!

:roll:

Well, some of the N64 OoT games were gold....

Anyway, Reggie also, in a round-about way, confirms Metroid will not be online in that same interview.

Geez.

He's not saying there WILL BE ONE, he's saying it like a fanboy.

You know.

"I'm going to go by the super ultimate mega premium deluxe edition of halo!". So please don't start rumors.

Chris are those piercings new or something?

On Topic: Nintendo has usually done something interesting with Zelda preorders. I'm not sure they can top releasing almost every Zelda to date on one disc... unless they remake the older ones or something.

I hoping for a bundled limitied edition gold cube. I'd buy a couple. Sort of like the SP. How come only Europe got the SP. Damn you Nintendo.

[quote name='fanskad'][quote name='Kayden']The Super Hyper Ultra Mega Donkey Punch Ω bundle will blow your mind...

Honestly, why do Japanese companies get these long crazy names for products?[/quote]

Super Hyper Ultra Robot Monkey Force Go![/quote]

:rofl:

Yet another pointless, negative, brain-dead comment from DDF? I can hardly believe it. :roll:

Preorder New LoZ for at least $10 and recieve a free disk of LoZ wind waker

HOWEVER!!

This copy of Wind Waker has the graphics of the new LoZ and contains 2 dungeons cut from the original Wind Waker.

Sounds like a sweet ass deal to me

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']Preorder New LoZ for at least $10 and recieve a free disk of LoZ wind waker

HOWEVER!!

This copy of Wind Waker has the graphics of the new LoZ and contains 2 dungeons cut from the original Wind Waker.

Sounds like a sweet ass deal to me[/quote]

How many times are people going to post this joke?

Reality's Fringe said:
[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']Preorder New LoZ for at least $10 and recieve a free disk of LoZ wind waker

HOWEVER!!

Sounds like a sweet ass deal to me

How many times are people going to post this joke?[/quote]

Preorder New LoZ for at least $10 and recieve a free disk of LoZ wind waker

HOWEVER!!

I spoke with a manager at an EBGames and he confirmed that there will be a "remade" Wind Waker. I'm not holding my breath, but I am very hopeful for this pre-order special.

[quote name='shajek']I spoke with a manager at an EBGames and he confirmed that there will be a "remade" Wind Waker. I'm not holding my breath, but I am very hopeful for this pre-order special.[/quote]

he probably read EGM. :)

[quote name='loserboy']aargh....i can't believe I fell for it too...Jesus, for an 8th grade teacher, I'm pretty stupid.[/quote]

Heh, a colleague of mine who is also an 8th grade teacher did so as well.

I'm much smarter apparently because I teach 7th...

omg guyz! they are gunna give us teh windwalker game but itz not gunna bee celda anymoor!! i red it in the new isue of E3!!1

[quote name='punqsux']omg guyz! they are gunna give us teh windwalker game but itz not gunna bee celda anymoor!! i red it in the new isue of E3!!1[/quote]

[quote name='punqsux']omg guyz! they are gunna give us teh windwalker game but itz not gunna bee celda anymoor!! i red it in the new isue of E3!!1[/quote] :lol: :D

Actually truth be told I heard from managers from, both Gamestop and EB talks of A Windwaker DX type disc, old windwaker game w/ added dungeons. My guys are usually on the ball, so it might be kinda like the OOT master quest disc. either way I am sure after the windwaker promo, the TLOZ collection promo they wont let us down.

I just question why they'll give us a relatively recent game for free, especially if they can still make some money of of it. However, Nintendo hasn't let me down promo wise, so we'll see. I just don't want to see the EGM joke anymore. Please, have mercy!

[quote name='KingNES']Actually truth be told I heard from managers from, both Gamestop and EB talks of A Windwaker DX type disc, old windwaker game w/ added dungeons. My guys are usually on the ball, so it might be kinda like the OOT master quest disc. either way I am sure after the windwaker promo, the TLOZ collection promo they wont let us down.[/quote]

that would actually be really awesome.

Reality's Fringe said:
I just question why they'll give us a relatively recent game for free, especially if they can still make some money of of it. However, Nintendo hasn't let me down promo wise, so we'll see. I just don't want to see the EGM joke anymore. Please, have mercy!

The Super Premium Edition would probably cost more. Perhaps $60? $70? or more?. Therefore, you are paying for the added bonus. I just hope the added bonus, assuming there is one, has nothing to do with Wind Waker as the game is not that great to begin with. Changing the graphics does not change the game. Same game through different pair of glasses does not make it any more or less fun.

Chris

We actually got an email at work the other day confirming that the EGM article was a joke.

I looked at my manager and said, "Do they really think we're that stupid?" My manager then said, "No, but our customers are." :lol:

I think the preoder deal should be that I get my $50 back from buying the Wind Waker in the first place and it not because complete.

[quote name='David85']I think the preoder deal should be that I get my $50 back from buying the Wind Waker in the first place and it not because complete.[/quote]

?

Wind Waker was so short, and Nintendo didn't finish 2-3 dungens.

You know what would have fixxed that problem? Nintendo Live where one could download the shit, but Nintendo is way too far beyond.

WW was still a great game. 2 more dungeons would have been nice but so would a check for $50,000 with every copy. Back in the day pre-internet no one would have known the difference and everyone would have been happy with what they got. Now we have tons of people who go online to dissect every little thing about every single game and declaring something "sucks" 5 minutes after it's release or in WW's case based on the graphics alone. I'm just so tired of all the negativity...

No, I'm not happy with what I got. The game was easy, boring, and short, and not that much fun.

Maybe if Nitnendo did something right we wouldn't be so negative.

[quote name='David85']No, I'm not happy with what I got. The game was easy, boring, and short, and not that much fun.

Maybe if Nitnendo did something right we wouldn't be so negative.[/quote]

Who's "we"? It sounds like YOU'RE the only person unhappy with Wind Waker to me...... :roll:

[quote name='David85']No, I'm not happy with what I got. The game was easy, boring, and short, and not that much fun.

Maybe if Nitnendo did something right we wouldn't be so negative.[/quote]

Sounds like u should have rented 1st instead of jumping in. Maybe then u might have realized you were not happy with it in the 1st place. At least now u know better.

[quote name='javeryh']WW was still a great game. 2 more dungeons would have been nice but so would a check for $50,000 with every copy. Back in the day pre-internet no one would have known the difference and everyone would have been happy with what they got. Now we have tons of people who go online to dissect every little thing about every single game and declaring something "sucks" 5 minutes after it's release or in WW's case based on the graphics alone. I'm just so tired of all the negativity...[/quote]

I agree completely. I love it how everyone is So happy with a game, and then BAM! one whiff of something missing and suddenly a crime has been commited and the game sucked. Windwaker is a large game in scope, anyone who said they breezed thru it must have used a strat guide and blown thru bare bones and didnt do anything else. Some people just live to gripe and moan...

A lot of people complained about the graphics with Wind Waker....which just proves most gamers could care less about gameplay. GRAPHICS WHORES!!!

Anyway I thought wind waker's look was something fresh and nothing can take away the first time I popped it into my cube. I remember thinking I have to get my sword from this castle....HOLY CRAP I'M PLAYING A CARTOON!!! It really did WOW me! Espically since I can remember playing games like Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in the arcade and thinking how great an actual playable cartoon would be.

bread's done
Back