Zelda - The Four Swords Adventures Rated

cagbot

Banned

An anonymous reader writes "The GameCube has had a drought of games since the start of spring. Many gamers are eagerly awaiting 'the next big game,' The Legend ...

Read more...

Source: Slashdot: Games
News for nerds, stuff that matters

and this is new why? I think not.

Anyways heres a comment from me I wont be paying 50 bucks for this game. If its 29.99 or lower I'll pick it up for 50 would be outrageous when its assential the same gba game.

Remember this is Nintendo we're dealing with. The same company that expects (and will probably get) people to shell out $20 each for games that are nearly 20 years old (Super Mario 1, Excitebike, etc).

[quote name='PsyClerk']Remember this is Nintendo we're dealing with. The same company that expects (and will probably get) people to shell out $20 each for games that are nearly 20 years old (Super Mario 1, Excitebike, etc).[/quote]

Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more on this one. As much as this is pretty much a port of a GBA game, which was just a little more than a port of an SNES game to begin with, I can see Nintendo charging $50 for it. $30 might be a possibility, though, since they only charged $30 for WarioWare, but even that I think is too much.

I normally do not respond to this as it results in a "I think this..... he thinks that" discussion.

But this is not the standard port. They (reviewers/previewers) are saying this is the absolute best connectivity feature and is really a great game of three games in one for that matter.

Read some previews here in a part of Gamespots:

Not to worry though, as I'm pleased to report that my play-time so far with Hyrule Adventure easily warrants a full-priced purchase; ..

go read some preview before you jump to conclusions.

1. Not essentially the same game and the mode xlapped on 4 swords.
2. can be played with just one player. that can't happen with 4swords gba.
3. it actuay has good graphics, unlike most current gen games
3. it's more LTTP styled Zelda. That can't be bad.
4. there's at least oneother game on th disc, and NOA sucks for blanching on tetra trackers.

Wow! What is wrong with you guys? Have you been living under a rock?

The GCN version of 4S has nothing to do with the GBA version!

The GCN version is a completely new huge adventure you can even play by yourself!

It also features Shadow Battle which is like Bomberman but with basic Zelda weapons.

This game is a mustbuy!

Sadly they removed Navi's Trackers from the US version tough :(

[quote name='DenisDFat']1. Not essentially the same game and the mode xlapped on 4 swords.
2. can be played with just one player. that can't happen with 4swords gba.
3. it actuay has good graphics, unlike most current gen games
3. it's more LTTP styled Zelda. That can't be bad.
4. there's at least oneother game on th disc, and NOA sucks for blanching on tetra trackers.[/quote]

Just as a precursor, I'm not saying anyone else should think the same way I do, this is all IMO.
You have some good points. However, I was just stating that I do not think this game warrants purchase until it's cheap. I've read previews and import reviews and stuff, I know it's not the same game - what I meant was that the GBA LTTP/4S was just barely more than an SNES port. I just personally don't buy into the connectivity thing. I don't think it adds terribly much to the gaming experience. And, as much as Link to the Past was a fantastic game, it's an old game. A timeless one, but an old one. If I wanted more LTTP style, I'd go play LTTP again. I don't want to pay $50 for what is essentially a remixed LTTP. I want some innovation and some new ideas. And I don't see the Four Swords Adventures as being that different from the Classic NES GBA games - just another ploy to milk money out of gamers.

well, you're pretty stupid then. because you're wrong and dumb on just about every point.

Lttp will aways be the same game,

and watching full house is for losers.

So you think were stupid for not wanting to pay 50 bucks for about the same graphics of a SNES game that came out 10 years ago? I dont belive it warrants 50 bucks. 30 maybe but def no more than that. Their going to sell it for 50 but I'm sure it will drop in price quickly.

[quote name='puddytay']So you think were stupid for not wanting to pay 50 bucks for about the same graphics of a SNES game that came out 10 years ago? I dont belive it warrants 50 bucks. 30 maybe but def no more than that. Their going to sell it for 50 but I'm sure it will drop in price quickly.[/quote]

yes

I am really getting sick of stupid graphic whores who are talking about "do you wanna pay 50 bucks for SNES graphs?".

Ikaruga damnit! If the game is fun, who cares about any stupid graphics?!?

Ikaruga isnt snes graphics. Maybe n64 but nothing before that.

Also that game is 19.99 new.

Zelda: Four Swords clearly does not have SNES graphics. They may be in a SNES style, but they look pretty damn perfect to me.

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='puddytay']So you think were stupid for not wanting to pay 50 bucks for about the same graphics of a SNES game that came out 10 years ago? I dont belive it warrants 50 bucks. 30 maybe but def no more than that. Their going to sell it for 50 but I'm sure it will drop in price quickly.[/quote]

yes[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

First time I liked one of your posts, as well as the one above this one. I also hate when people don't have the respect to concentrate on their grammar.

More on subject, it seems that everyone before Ginkei and DenisDFat came along and set the facts straight was talking straight out of their ass. Making conclusions about the game, saying that it was the same game as Four Swords, shame on you. Now those ppl are trying to rephrase their original posts to make it seem they know what they're talking about, hilarious.

bread's done
Back