Zelda: TP - Classic Controller or no?

Empyrical

CAGiversary!
Does anybody know if the Wii version of Zelda will have support for the Classic controller? I know the GCN controller will only work on the GCN version, but I was hoping to be able to play Zelda with a standard controller in 16x9.

[quote name='Brainwave0']You could always buy the Gamecube version. I mean, if you just HAVE to play it with a 'cube controller.[/quote]

Nintendo screwed everyone who wanted to use cube controller because they have to wait till dec 13

[quote name='panasonic']Nintendo screwed everyone who wanted to use cube controller because they have to wait till dec 13[/quote]Yep... Zelda is like totally worthless 3 weeks later.

[quote name='botticus']Yep... Zelda is like totally worthless 3 weeks later.[/quote]

15 months later ftw?

[quote name='Empyrical']Does anybody know if the Wii version of Zelda will have support for the Classic controller? I know the GCN controller will only work on the GCN version, but I was hoping to be able to play Zelda with a standard controller in 16x9.[/QUOTE]
Despite what the fanboys say, this is a legitimate request. There's nothing out of the ordinary about wanting to use the GC controls with the 16:9 graphics.

Nintendo had to go out of their way to pull the GC controls out of the Wii version (which is essentially the GC version), and the rationale most fanboys resort to (OMG PEPLE WILL IGNOER THE WANGMOTE) doesn't make sense to me. I would imagine that Nintendo would sell as many copies of each game regardless of the GC control scheme being available on the Wii version. For that reason, why not leave those controls intact and save yourself the work of pulling them out?

[quote name='dothog']Despite what the fanboys say, this is a legitimate request. There's nothing out of the ordinary about wanting to use the GC controls with the 16:9 graphics.

Nintendo had to go out of their way to pull the GC controls out of the Wii version (which is essentially the GC version), and the rationale most fanboys resort to (OMG PEPLE WILL IGNOER THE WANGMOTE) doesn't make sense to me. I would imagine that Nintendo would sell as many copies of each game regardless of the GC control scheme being available on the Wii version. For that reason, why not leave those controls intact and save yourself the work of pulling them out?[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I have yet to see a single person on here who wouldn't want both the Wiimote and classic controller options. Nintendo is pushing the Wii hard into us, it's just a matter of how much we potentially like having a Wii pushed into us. I think it's a process of accepting the Wii. Many people have embraced the Wii whole heartidly, but a lot of the guys on here prefer something more standard then the Wii. I get that. It's currently a choice, but I think Nintendo should have just had everyone accept the Wii for Zelda, even if it arguably wasn't born that way.

I know a lot of people are worried about getting tired, but I'm willing to give the Wii a shot. I don't care if I get tired after a few hours of playing with the Wii if it's fun.

And come on... don't knock it until you've tried it.

Screw the Classic controller, I'd just want GC controller support. Nintendo just doesn't want people to buy their own game by delaying it. I'll wait to get the game I want.

[quote name='dothog']Despite what the fanboys say, this is a legitimate request. There's nothing out of the ordinary about wanting to use the GC controls with the 16:9 graphics.

Nintendo had to go out of their way to pull the GC controls out of the Wii version (which is essentially the GC version), and the rationale most fanboys resort to (OMG PEPLE WILL IGNOER THE WANGMOTE) doesn't make sense to me. I would imagine that Nintendo would sell as many copies of each game regardless of the GC control scheme being available on the Wii version. For that reason, why not leave those controls intact and save yourself the work of pulling them out?[/quote]
Who ever said it was good to not have GC controls in the game? I'd rather have a choice, but it's not a huge issue for me. If I really can't do it after 3 weeks, I'll get the cube version.

[quote name='daroga']Who ever said it was good to not have GC controls in the game? [/QUOTE]
Lots of people. Check old threads. The general idea was something along the lines of "Either you want 16:9 or you want GC controls, but you can't have both. Why? Because Nintendo doesn't want you to, and that's reason enough."

Seems like everyone here wants both. Too bad Nintendo didn't conduct their focus group around these parts.

Of course I want both, choice is always better...but with that said, I think I'd probably play the Wii way anyways.

I understand why Nintendo took out the controls...it's about forcing people to get over their hang ups and try the new scheme. I'm not naive enough to think they didn't delay the Gamecube one to encourage sales of their new consoles as well, but I think taking out the GC controls in the Wii version was purely to encourage playing in a new way.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Of course I want both, choice is always better...but with that said, I think I'd probably play the Wii way anyways.

I understand why Nintendo took out the controls...it's about forcing people to get over their hang ups and try the new scheme. I'm not naive enough to think they didn't delay the Gamecube one to encourage sales of their new consoles as well, but I think taking out the GC controls in the Wii version was purely to encourage playing in a new way.[/quote]I'm on the fence about how I want to play it (and will be getting both versions if possible), but after Miyamoto gave his endorsement, I'm pretty much sold.

[quote name='botticus']I'm on the fence about how I want to play it (and will be getting both versions if possible), but after Miyamoto gave his endorsement, I'm pretty much sold.[/QUOTE]
That's a good point. Miyamoto doesn't seem to be as interested in "selling" things as other Nintendo reps. I recall an interview/article where he said something to the effect of DKC being evidence of the fact that even bad games can sell well. I don't remember the exact statement, but it wasn't what you'd call a ringing endorsement.

[quote name='dothog']Lots of people. Check old threads. The general idea was something along the lines of "Either you want 16:9 or you want GC controls, but you can't have both. Why? Because Nintendo doesn't want you to, and that's reason enough."

Seems like everyone here wants both. Too bad Nintendo didn't conduct their focus group around these parts.[/quote] If I can discern people's comments from your summary, my guess is that people were assuming that Nintendo wouldn't have changed the controls if they didn't feel like it worked (e.g., they didn't force touch screen controls on Mario Kart DS because the D-pad and buttons worked better). So is it 16:9 or Gamecube controls? Yeah. But, sometimes facts are facts and people just live with it rather than complaining with every ounce of their being. That's a bit different than saying the Nintendo can do no wrong and does the thinking for thier customers because they're always doing it for their best interest.

If Nintendo sells 1 more copy of the Gamecube version by pulling GC controls from the Wii version then I think they're happy. It sounds like people are overanalyzing, IMO.

bread's done
Back