Zelda:TP Strategy guide Collectors Edition (pre-order) $19.79

[quote name='kipz']Target Has The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Stratagy guide - Collector's Edition for $19.79 for preorder. I did a search and didn't see this posted.
Edit: Oops i forgot to put Stratagy Guide in title. How do i fix that?[/QUOTE]

click on the "edit" button on the first post to change the title

Slightly OT, but Target also had a sweet Sword and Ocarina of Time Shield that they were pawning. It was fairly expensive though, iirc it was $49.99 or so.

by the time this guide comes out, i should (hopefully) be done with the game... anyone know if this is for the wii-version only or does it also cover the cube?

[quote name='ryanlk']by the time this guide comes out, i should (hopefully) be done with the game... anyone know if this is for the wii-version only or does it also cover the cube?[/QUOTE]

prima made 2 seprate guide,one for wii and one for gamecube.collector guide clearly stated "Written specifically for the Wii version".i hope nintendo will make guide that will cover both versions
http://www.primagames.com/catalog/results.pperl?title_auth_isbn=zelda+

[quote name='BasketCase1080']damn, 432 pages!?!?![/quote]
I'm not a religious man, but I think I just found my bible...

[quote name='lurknomore']Slightly OT, but Target also had a sweet Sword and Ocarina of Time Shield that they were pawning. It was fairly expensive though, iirc it was $49.99 or so.[/QUOTE]
$40, there's a thread here somewhere on it, but I'm too lazy to look.
BTW, anyone have a link to the Nintendo Power version? Which one was supposed to be hardcover?

[quote name='fatbeer']prima made 2 seprate guide,one for wii and one for gamecube.collector guide clearly stated "Written specifically for the Wii version".i hope nintendo will make guide that will cover both versions
http://www.primagames.com/catalog/results.pperl?title_auth_isbn=zelda+[/QUOTE]

As far as I am aware, that is because the entire Wii version is a "mirror" image of the GCN version. The only things different (correct me if I'm wrong) are the controls, obviously, and the mirroring. The mirror image effect is because the GCN version has Link left handed, as is tradition, but due to the Wii controls, they made him right handed because more people seemed to be confortable with that control scheme (Wiimote in right hand, chuck in left). The GCN code had already been finished at that time for lefty Link, and all the fights and such had been designed around him swinging his sword from the left side. To create the righty Link, Nintendo simply flipped everything The entire game, from the maps to the character models (I believe) was flipped to a mirror image.

Long story short: The Wii guide has the righty Link maps, the GCN guide has the lefty Link maps. Anything else they did differently would be their decision, not because it was necessary for the game, so it is likely that is all that is different. (not counting CE verions extras)

Off Topic: do you guys know what the "Extras" are when you register your Wii copy of Zelda: TP on Nintendo's website? Is it even worth it?

[quote name='angrywolf']Off Topic: do you guys know what the "Extras" are when you register your Wii copy of Zelda: TP on Nintendo's website? Is it even worth it?[/QUOTE]

Extras? I registered....and got nothin. Where did you hear about extras?

[quote name='angrywolf']Off Topic: do you guys know what the "Extras" are when you register your Wii copy of Zelda: TP on Nintendo's website? Is it even worth it?[/QUOTE]

I haven't registered TP specifically (no Wii) but for other games you usually get wallpapers and other tiny things like that.
Sometimes, though, they have promotions that might be based on how many games you have registered. Getting the Metroid Prime Echoes demo, for instance, required having a few games from a specific list (new releases at the time) registered.

[quote name='6669']
BTW, anyone have a link to the Nintendo Power version? Which one was supposed to be hardcover?[/QUOTE]

I just got mine in the mail for renewing Nintendo Power and it is just like all the other NP guides, paper back. I haven't opened it yet since I don't have the game yet so I can't tell you much beyond that.

I registered a lot of me games on the nintendo website including the Wii and the Zelda they havent put anything Extra on Zelda but the other games the extras were just wallpapers you could download.....

I'm sort of lost on the guides for this game - as far as I can tell, there are a total of FOUR OSG's for TP: 1 that covers both systems, the official Ninty guide; 1 each for Wii and GCN, from Prima; and now this Hardcover collector's edition, also Prima. I was thinking of renewing my Nintendo Power subscription to get the guide+cd gift, but now am wondering if it's a very good deal since I really liked the Prima Wii cover and now, this hardcover with coth map sounds awesome. And I am getting the target cd+shield+sword pack for Christmas; I was going to keep that unopened and use the mag subscription to listen to. Oh decisions!

bread's done
Back