ZELDA twilight princess GCN $31.99 At Meijers YMMV

wakeandbake

CAGiversary!
Just got back from Meijers (Flint Michigan) and picked up Zelda for 31.99 + tax I pricematched the Circuit City ad for $37.99 and The cashier scanned the $6 off any purchase over $29.99 Santa Bucks coupon to bring the price down to 31.99!!
Picked it up for my GF :)

[quote name='bmulligan']You'd think that someone who joined in Jan 2004 would know that a pricematch isn't really a deal.[/quote]

Yeah but the $6 off even more is acceptable as a deal.

I mean its $30 for the new Zelda. Thats a deal.

[quote name='One51']Yeah but the $6 off even more is acceptable as a deal.

I mean its $30 for the new Zelda. Thats a deal.[/QUOTE]

No, it's just incredibly lucky he got a cashier stupid enough to ring up the coupon after a pricematch. It
s still not a deal and shouldn't be cluttering up the deal forums. Put it in the regional forums where it belongs, or in deal discussions.

[quote name='wakeandbake']Just got back from Meijers (Flint Michigan) and picked up Zelda for 31.99 + tax I pricematched the Circuit City ad for $37.99 and The cashier scanned the $6 off any purchase over $29.99 Santa Bucks coupon to bring the price down to 31.99!!
Picked it up for my GF :)[/QUOTE]

You're lucky. I tried to get Meijer to price match their $34.99 Elite Beat Agents to CC's $29.99 during the Buy One $29.99 Get One Half Off way back when and they said if they did that, it would be "crazy."

[quote name='donkeykong91']You're lucky. I tried to get Meijer to price match their $34.99 Elite Beat Agents to CC's $29.99 during the Buy One $29.99 Get One Half Off way back when and they said if they did that, it would be "crazy."[/quote]
And they'd be right.
Bmulligan is pretty on on this one. It was a lucky double dip, which I highly doubt one could replicate. Seems to be this would be more at home in the bragging rights section than in the deals section.

Congradulations to the OP on getting a good deal, but I wouldn't send anyone to the store expecting them to get the same treatment.

bread's done
Back