Zellers $12.99 for ALL discontinued GAMES!!! (the one under $30)

intruder_xo

CAGiversary!
Hello folks,

Well I got my flyers for Zellers yesterday and I saw the following adds on page 8 (from november 15 to november 21)

===================
12.99$

ALL Discontinued Software Under $30
See store for full assortment

===================

They put the logo for Nintendo DS, PlayStation (ps2), PlayStation 3, XBox 360, Wii.

So I guess it is a bit like the previous week Zellers special for games at $15 but now it is $12.99 so another 2$ cheaper ;-p

The selection is probably going to be the same as the $15 sales!

UPDATE

Soldier of Fortune: Payback [PS3]
Cars Mater-National [XBOX360] x2
Endless Ocean [Wii]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be YMMV as "discontinued software" is quite ambiguous.

By the way, they also have Gears of War 2 + Black Wireless controller for $99.97 ($20 off MSRP). It's only for 15th and 16th. Not a stunning deal but wanted to mention it anyway.

I'd guess it's anything in their clearance bins. Genji, the Sonic game for PS3/360, older sports titles, PS2 games etc.

I wont be able to check my local Zellers today, so if anyone find what games fit in their "discontinued" category please post it and ill update my starting post.

Thanks for your collaboration in advance.

I'll check at Zellers if I end up going there this weekend. I'm planning on picking up Blood Diamond again (a friend took my copy, and I have no way of getting it back), so I might check out the games too. I'm sure it'll just be their crappy bargain bin games... but for $13 I'm sure I can find at least one decent game.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Ah crap. Zellers sale is starting on Saturdays, not Fridays?[/quote]

that is correct. If you check the flyer it will indicate that sales start on Nov 15 D:

[quote name='intruder_xo']Hello folks,

Well I got my flyers for Zellers yesterday and I saw the following adds on page 8

===================
12.99$

ALL Discontinued Software Under $30
See store for full assortment

===================

They put the logo for Nintendo DS, PlayStation (ps2), PlayStation 3, XBox 360, Wii.

So I guess it is a bit like the previous week Zellers special for games at $15 but now it is $12.99 so another 2$ cheaper ;-p

The selection is probably going to be the same as the $15 sales!

Good luck everyone.[/quote]

Of course most people couldn't find a store offering that deal!

I picked up DS games like Professor Layton and Dragonball Origin for $12.99 eventhough they aren't discontinued title. :bouncy:

Local Zellers (Bell's Corners) said it was yellow stickered items only. No PS3 or Wii titles as far as I could see, and just a couple of PSP titles.

[quote name='scourdx']I picked up DS games like Professor Layton and Dragonball Origin for $12.99 eventhough they aren't discontinued title. :bouncy:[/quote]

More details needed.
Did they scan up at this price or was an override needed?
Were they marked an in store only special or did they have their old price tags?
Loaction?

[quote name='gamer602']More details needed.
Did they scan up at this price or was an override needed?
Were they marked an in store only special or did they have their old price tags?
Loaction?[/quote]

The deal listed on their flyer - any discontinued game for DS, PS3, Wii & Xbox 360 under $30 will mark down to $12.99. The clerk had to override the price because it wasn't on their system. All I know is they group all the clearance games in one area. It is hard to tell which game is marked down $12.99. I saw Professor Layton game sitting next to other discontinued games. As for Dragonball Origins, it was sitting on bargain bin for $29.99. I ask the clerk if these were on sale. The clerk can't disagree with price because the store flyer did not specify which games are part of the deal. So he gave me $12.99 for each game. This was at Landsdowne Mall.

If anyone gets me an Endless Ocean (I live in the U.S.), I would trade you a sealed Zack & Wiki or a Wii points card for it. Please PM me. Thanks.

I was able to pick up:
No More Heros
Lost(PS3)
Assassin's Creed(360)

But the clerk had to override everyone.

Also Endless Ocean wouldn't work because it wasn't in the bin.

I grabbed 5 titles from the shelf that the sign was on (Full Auto 2, Assassin's Creed, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Lost and Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2) and none of them qualified. The clerk had a list that he checked, and none of these were in there.

However, the clerk was nice enough to allow me to choose some of them to have, so I chose Assassin's Creed, Full Auto 2, Tony Hawk and Lost (I'm a Lost fan so I have to try this, despite it apparently sucking). He overrode all of them to work with the 2/30 deal, but Tony Hawk didn't work at all. He couldn't override it or something.

He overrode Lost to make it 12.99 instead of 15 though.

Not bad. Big time YMMV though, as this guy was just nice. I doubt that if I went to another Zellers to try this that they'd do it too.

This was at the one on Merivale in the Ottawa region.

Serious YMMV, according to RFD: most of the prices were overridden.

No More Heroes would be awesome: I saw it for $14.99/$13.49 used at EB but a new copy for $2/$0.50 less would be even better.

I went to Zellers at Edmonton Kingsway... but their store is just really poorly set up, and I didn't feel like asking about whether the sale was on or not. I looked through the bargain bin and there wasn't anything worth getting in there.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I was able to pick up:
No More Heros
Lost(PS3)
Assassin's Creed(360)

But the clerk had to override everyone.

Also Endless Ocean wouldn't work because it wasn't in the bin.[/quote]

WOW, those are great. Might check this out now. Looking for a few DS titles anyway

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I went back today and picked up a couple more games including Wartech Senko Ronde(360) which scans at 4.99, thanks RFD.[/quote]

Good deal, trade in value at BBV is $15

What I picked up today for $12.99 each...

No More Heroes (Wii)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Wii)
Tony Hawk Proving Ground (PS3)
Full Auto 2 (PS3)

I also picked up Enchanted Arms (PS3) for $9.99. This is what it scanned for. Nothing stunning and most will likely go towards T3G1F promo weekend.

[quote name='danthemightyone']What I picked up today for $12.99 each...

No More Heroes (Wii)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Wii)
Tony Hawk Proving Ground (PS3)
Full Auto 2 (PS3)

I also picked up Enchanted Arms (PS3) for $9.99. This is what it scanned for. Nothing stunning and most will likely go towards T3G1F promo weekend.[/quote]

Which Zellers?

Lucky you. I was at the Bayshore one the other day and almost got the deal to work. The guy told me I could pick any game from the bin, so I picked four and came back to buy them, but another clerk stepped in and stopped the other guy from selling them.

Hooray.

Weird. I was there tonight. It took awhile because the dude working there (think his nametag said Alex or Alec) wasn't quite sure what was discontinued or not. I grabbed a bunch from the bin and after a couple of phone calls, he was told to use his own judgement. He pretty much followed the flyer, so anything less than $30 and in the bin was good.

I picked up:
+Assassin's Creed (360) ... for trade
+Ghost Squad (Wii) ... for trade
+Endless Ocean (Wii) ... for trade
-No More Heroes (Wii) ... to keep
-Endless Ocean (Wii) ... to keep
-Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii) ... I think I'm just going to return this one

Anyways, there's a bunch more Endless Ocean games there.

And if it's not too much trouble, could somebody explain how the EB trade three games for one valued at $69.99 or less works? I forget the exact promotion name, but I saw the sign up at the Bayshore location. Didn't stop to ask the clerk as I was heading to the bus platform. I'm looking to get DDR: Hottest Party 2 (Wii) which is $69.99+tax.

Thanks, and good luck to all you shoppers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, good haul Jamaal, I guess I was just unlucky.

I think in November at EB you can trade 2 games worth $8 (or more) in EB trade-in value for a new 50-dollar game. If it's a 360 or PS3 game, you'd need to pay 10 dollars more to grab one, because they normally cost 60 bucks.

And same works for things that are even more expensive. I picked up Gears of War 2: Limited Edition with this deal and I had to pay 20 bucks extra, because the LE is 70 bucks normally.

[quote name='Griptor']Lucky you. I was at the Bayshore one the other day and almost got the deal to work. The guy told me I could pick any game from the bin, so I picked four and came back to buy them, but another clerk stepped in and stopped the other guy from selling them.

Hooray.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me at Bayshore! This nice Lady was going to sell me Endless Ocean when the regular Electronics guy came back from break and stopped her. Was it a slightly rude overweight guy?

For those interested, Turok for the 360 scanned in as $12.99 for me, decent price for a good game, or it can be used at EB for their trade-in promo.

[quote name='game_fanatic']For those interested, Turok for the 360 scanned in as $12.99 for me, decent price for a good game, or it can be used at EB for their trade-in promo.[/quote]

where was that. i tried today and it scanned in at $29.99.

i've been looking for that game under $20 for a long time.

[quote name='cm matty']where was that. i tried today and it scanned in at $29.99.

i've been looking for that game under $20 for a long time.[/quote]

This was at the Zellers in Centrepoint Mall, North York. It was actually the only game out of a handful that scanned in at $12.99. On another note, the Zellers in Waterloo has a rack of games that will be marked down to $12.99, so I picked up NBA Home Street and Nascar '08, both work for the EB promo. Picked up Gears 2 for a grand total of $40.65 Thanks OP and neksus for all the work on the TIV website!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The same thing happened to me at Bayshore! This nice Lady was going to sell me Endless Ocean when the regular Electronics guy came back from break and stopped her. Was it a slightly rude overweight guy?[/quote]

Hahah, yeah, it was.

Guess we were just unlucky huh? It looked like he'd just come back from his break when I was there, too. Bah!

I've hit the jackpot!!!!

I visited a store and they said EVERYTHING UNDER $30 was $12.99!!!!

Can you imagine all the NEW PSP AND DS GAMES....that are under $30!?!?!?

Things like:
Mario Party DS
Kirby Squeak
Lego Batman
Advance War
Master of Illusion
Kirby Superstar Ultra
Endless Ocean
Viva Pinata

AND TONS MORE!!!!

Dont bother going to your local store because an override was needed on everygame!!!

All the staff members in the electronics dept. said it was everything under $30!!! So it wasn't like one person made a mistake.

They were laughing and telling me to tell all my friends!!! They said 2moro was the last day so tell your friends to come!

I bought soooooo many games-PS3/360

Picked up Assassin's Creed, Lego Batman (PSP) and Tenchu Z. I know IGN didn't give Tenchu the greatest rating, but I liked the PS2 games so I figured for $12.99 I might as well give it a shot.

I couldn't decide what else I wanted, so I'll probably make a slight detour and head back tomorrow after work.

Thanks for the info gamer602!

bread's done
Back