Zellers no longer accepting price matches on games?

darkstarripclaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
This is what I was told by a cashier when I tried to PM Other M today. The wording was extremely shifty but whatever, I managed to get a copy at Staples.

Still, if they won't price match, then when will they sell any more games ever aside from their own occasional sales ;)?

They stopped at the beginning of the year. Didn't think anyone would care, since really when do they ever have anything worthwhile anyways.

I never thought Zellers was a good place to price match games anyway because they didn't offer to beat the price by 10% of the difference. This is not a huge loss imo.

I never got to Zellers anyways.

The last game and only game I bought from Zellers was The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap only because I had a gift card to use at Zellers. That was back when it first came out in 2005.

[quote name='CH82']Zellers was one of the crappiest retailers around. I'm glad target gobbled them up.[/QUOTE]

Target isn't any better. Most of their items are price horribly as well.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Target isn't any better. Most of their items are price horribly as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I have been to Target in the U.S. and I don't see why some people love it. I can't stand Target and can never find any of the deals people from the U.S. speak of.

Plus when Target comes to Canada the prices will be higher then it is in the U.S.

I remember trying to price match a few years ago and it was quite the process. They needed to have an actual flyer...no print outs...they also wouldn't let you keep the flyer you were price matching with...the employee cut out the picture with the price and glued it into some sort of a binder and there wasn't any extra discount. That was the last time I cared to price match there...oh well.

Maybe they're still hurting from that (mistake?) sale they threw on and off for several days where all games between $49-$99 were...what was it? $15?

That was a really good day...

Last time I went to Zellers for a game they refused to honour the 49.99 release day RDR price in their flyer saying it was a misprint. Left and bought it for $60 at FS instead and haven't been back. The folks that work there seemed really bummed out.

[quote name='collector42']Maybe they're still hurting from that (mistake?) sale they threw on and off for several days where all games between $49-$99 were...what was it? $15?

That was a really good day...[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, nothing will ever beat that day ever.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I agree with this. I have been to Target in the U.S. and I don't see why some people love it. I can't stand Target and can never find any of the deals people from the U.S. speak of.

Plus when Target comes to Canada the prices will be higher then it is in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

Well, first off, Target's "horrible prices" in the U.S. are pretty much standard -- on par with Walmart, Best Buy and the various other retailers it competes with. Based on my U.S. shopping experience, their sales are probably on par with their rivals, as well... probably slightly less skewed towards doorcrasher-type deals.

As a Canadian, there are plenty of reasons to be excited about Target -- first of all, it should offer a big overhaul of Canada's mostly dismal Zellers experience.

Second, assuming their stock philosophy makes it north of the border, the deals you can never find will come here as they shuffle stock out of their stores. Their clearance philosophy exists in the entire store, and sees merchandise steadily discounted until it leaves the store (in electronics, you find it all on an endcap, so if you're looking with the rest of the games, you're doing it wrong). Compare that to a store like Zellers, where I can see things I've seen several years ago, sitting on a shelf at the same prices they were several years ago.

Fact is, anything is an upgrade from Zellers. But it's also true that with the right leadership, Target could become Canada's best-run department store outside of Holt Renfrew... and that's not really a name that means much to us gamers. :)

bread's done
Back