Zellers upcoming liquidation sales+centers

dvdswapper

CAGiversary!
Another week and a half and the stores will be open. Judging by what other stores had during their liquidation sales I am ASSUMING that most places will have anywhere from 20-30% off gaming products.
Here's the list of OFFICIAL liquidation stores:

http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx

I will post all info regarding Zellers clearance sale/liquidation sales here.
We should start seeing some price drops on games soon according to a few csr's who are waiting to buy stuff themselves:)

I had no idea this was coming so fast. I take it that Target is replacing those old Zellers dinners with Starbucks? I remember seeing a large group of old ladies having breakfast like every Saturday there. It's kind of sad, I wonder where they'll go. I can't imagine the old waitresses would turn up as baristas, but hopefully it'll make those line-ups at the other two Starbucks in the mall slightly shorter.

hmmmm nothing in Halifax but their is one in Dartmouth, I'll have too pass on this since i don't like traveling too that city.

Thanks for letting us know dvdswapper

i would say i like too see the list if anything intriguing pops out i wouldn't mind BUT seeing how if it's a good deal most likely people will buy the place out before i even make it across the bridge.

[quote name='dvdswapper']http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx[/QUOTE]

Nothing in the lower mainland

epic-rage-guy.jpg

thats just the ones already announced as the first to close in june/reopen early next year. they've already announced another wave closing in OCt, which will start liquidating jun or july. wouldnt anticiapte much of a deal though, especially on games they already stopped getting stock of months ago. They had too long to plan for it and too long to very gradually do it.

[quote name='Mr.']I had no idea this was coming so fast. I take it that Target is replacing those old Zellers dinners with Starbucks? I remember seeing a large group of old ladies having breakfast like every Saturday there. It's kind of sad, I wonder where they'll go. I can't imagine the old waitresses would turn up as baristas, but hopefully it'll make those line-ups at the other two Starbucks in the mall slightly shorter.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how much stock to put in this, but in my conversation with a Zellers worker led me to believe that some of the Zellers weren't going to Target, but Walmart Instead.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Wow liquidation from March to June. Talk about a slow burn.[/QUOTE]

I'd be really surprised if anything hot came of the death of Zellers. They have so much time, and certainly will shuffle stock as stores close. Discounts will sit at 25%-30% forever. The average consumer will see the free advertising Zellers will start getting in the media, and rush to snap up the "awesome" deals. By the time the discounts get down to a reasonable amount, nothing will be left. It's Blockbuster all over again, just on a bigger time scale.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Not sure how much stock to put in this, but in my conversation with a Zellers worker led me to believe that some of the Zellers weren't going to Target, but Walmart Instead.[/QUOTE]

Zellers has a list of closing stores, and Target has a list of new stores. Pretty easy to do the math. AFAIK almost every store that isn't going to be a Target will become a Wal-mart.

Wow,, one in Calgary, zero in Red Deer and five in Edmonton. Anybody know if this will be worth an hour plus drive for? Can't see it myself.

[quote name='LtKetch']Wow,, one in Calgary, zero in Red Deer and five in Edmonton. Anybody know if this will be worth an hour plus drive for? Can't see it myself.[/QUOTE]

It almost certainly will not be worth that.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']It almost certainly will not be worth that.[/QUOTE]

Ch'yeah for 30% off? They can kiss my chocolate starfish.

The only stores in the Province of Quebec are in Montreal! Sucks because there's a Zellers 20minutes from home. Guess that one isnt closing! But one thing is sure I aint driving 2+ hours to Montreal for maybe good deals

bread's done
Back