Zellers: Xbox 360 $50 off, $349 until August 28

canadianbond

CAG Veteran
I found a memo on the HBC network, (I work at Zellers) stating;

"Due to competitive pricing an offer has been added to the Z925 Non-Ads to run from July 18th-August 28th

Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle 08

Print/Post signs within the Z925 Non-Ads: Avaliable Monday July 20th".

We haven't recieved any new Xbox Elite units since Christmas time, due to, I believe, an insurance issue with Microsoft. So any Elite units left should be the Holiday Bundle SKUs.

You may, if you're lucky, you be able to get a price match with another store with the RE5 Bundle. Less knowledgeable associates will likely just say they have elites in for $349.

All Toys "R" Us' received a similar memo as well. All Elite bundles (RE5, GTA, Holiday '08) are at the $349 price point until around the same date.

Sounds like EBG and GS will be doing this too. I was in last night and the associate told me that the Elites are going to the $349 price till the 28th of Aug.

Maybe Microsoft has caught wind of an upcoming Sony price drop/product release and wants to take the wind out of their sales (pun absolutely intended).

Anybody have an idea on how stock levels are going to be? I've been intending to pick up either an elite or a pro, and at that price I would definitely go with the elite but I won't have the cash for a few weeks. I know the sale lasts that long but it doesn't do me any good if they are all sold out...

Update;

The HR manager where I work said that the sale was scrapped, although I can't verify that through other means and don't really trust her as she didn't give any reasoning behind it.

--Its likely that stock levels are running rather low on the Holiday bundles at all stores as they would have had them kicking around since last Christmas.

TRU is clearing out their Halo 3 special edition Xbox360 for $299.99. It comes with:

• Halo 3 Green Wireless Controller
  • Halo 3 20GB Hard Drive
  • Halo 3 Wired Headset
  • Component HD AV Cable
  • Ethernet Network Cable
  • Play & Charge Kit

Hmm...that's a terrible deal on a Halo 360 package; it's most certainly not a Jasper, and comes with no games to speak of; at least if you buy a Pro from FS/BB you get a couple games and the potential for a Jasper. I guess it depends how much you like Halo.

('rumors')
360 pro phased out, elite replacing (at pro's price point)
ps3 160gb replacing 80gb at 399, before slims (i'm waiting to get a fat for 349 retail)

that & a dashboard update plus system software ~3.0 coming

stores seem to be pushing deals/bundles already (like the 399 160gb uncharted ps3+kz2+lbp+terminator s1)

~rumors~

They're phasing out all PS3 skus to make way for the slim. I know Zellers, last week, had the 160GB bundle with Uncharted for $399 and a GH game.

360's next big sku will likely be a Natal bundle and maybe a slight price drop around that time as well, although that won't be till next year, so the PDrop could be beforehand.

bread's done
Back