Zen Pinball 2 - Vita's Cross-Platform Pinball Platform - 9/4/12 - Free!

Having a blast. Game plays amazingly well on the Vita. Very impressed. Zen Studios is showing exactly how customers should be treated. Looking to buy some new tables this weekend.

There's one table that is missing from the list of tables for Zen Pinball 2, which is the Fantastic Four table that they sold for Marvel Pinball alongside the Captain America table.

Edit: Zen is saying on Twitter that it'll be coming to ZP2 soon.

game looks ridiculously good on vita and plays awesome. need some pinball playin friends on my list, hit me up. will probably pick up avengers and pvz to support an outstanding vita release.

:mrgreen:GENIUS! Looks fantastic! Already importing some stuff I bought on my PS3 Marvel Pinball game! I, finally, know what to spend that $10 on that's been in my PSN account for a 1,000 years! Thanks for the thread!

Looking for some Zen Pinball friends to add to my list. Anyone interested just send me a request.
Last night I was ranked #1 in the world on the Captain America table which was pretty exciting. I'm sure someone will surpass my score but it was pretty neat to be ranked #1.

So far I have the classic tables, Mars, Ninja Gaiden, Plants Vs Zombies and Captain America.
I'm probably going to but two more of the single tables today and then pick up the marvel packs at a later date.

The game is excellent on the Vita and I can't wait for them to release some more tables.

When playing in portrait mode, what control scheme is everyone using? Other than the touch screen, it seems they forgot to include one that makes sense. I like using actual buttons.

[quote name='Cindaddy']When playing in portrait mode, what control scheme is everyone using? Other than the touch screen, it seems they forgot to include one that makes sense. I like using actual buttons.[/QUOTE]

100% right! They did this in Pinball Arcade too! One the PSP you could use 2 face buttons on pinball arcade which was fantastic and both of the VITA games only let you use the touch screen...I'm super annoyed! Why don't they just let you map your own buttons? So lame!

[quote name='jkam']100% right! They did this in Pinball Arcade too! One the PSP you could use 2 face buttons on pinball arcade which was fantastic and both of the VITA games only let you use the touch screen...I'm super annoyed! Why don't they just let you map your own buttons? So lame![/QUOTE]

And in the FAQ, they say that you can map buttons and then proceed to explain that you can't. LOL. Set configs only.

I highly recommend the Avengers tables! I had been wanting them for while and finally bought them last night. Also if anyone is looking to add to their friends list for scoring purposes in the game, shoot me an invite and mention you're from CAG.

I just noticed that the button config in portrait mode was already brought to their attention. The mod sent it to the devs to consider for the next update. The specific request was X and triangle for flippers. Right stick for table nudge.

I tried portrait mode with the back touchpad turned on. It was very difficult to hold and hit the paddles, I constantly had one paddle up...still not sure about portrait mode.

I'm amazed by table guides at zen studios....about 18 pages of information for each table! I'm just going to play pinball and try the different tables. I will focus on how they're set up and what everything does after I play every table for a bit.

[quote name='combatrhombus']I tried portrait mode with the back touchpad turned on. It was very difficult to hold and hit the paddles, I constantly had one paddle up...still not sure about portrait mode.
.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Same here. Each time I fixed one flipper by removing my finger, I would pop up the other one. Couldn't hold it.

[quote name='Cindaddy']And in the FAQ, they say that you can map buttons and then proceed to explain that you can't. LOL. Set configs only.[/QUOTE]

I actually just went to their forums and posted that they borked portrait mode. I didn't have a lot of time before work as I only bought some tables this morning but I'm wondering if you can customize the controls in landscape mode and then they work in portrait mode? I was only trying to play in portrait. Seems like a really odd design choice if that is the case. Hopefully they fix it. I wish Pinball Arcade would too. After playing portrait mode on the PSP Pinball Arcade with buttons it feels like the only right way to play.

in case this wasn't covered, in portrait mode, i use my thumbs on the front touch screen and that works well. didn't even consider using the rear touchpad.

I was going to try out playing it upside down so you have the shoulder buttons below like a pinball machine's controls, but they're backwards and you can't switch ball launching to the left stick upside-down.

Edit: I tried to play it anyway just to see how it works as is, but it won't let me do anything with the Vita upside-down.

Edit 2: Nevermind, as I had somehow changed the controls to left on d-pad and circle button, but trying to play with reversed flipper controls is incredibly hard.

I am #1 on the Spider-man, Iron Man, and Blade tables amongst friends at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zen Studios announced a Marvel Civil War table for Zen Pinball 2:
Iron Man and Captain America face off in dramatic fashion in the latest collaboration between pinball masters Zen Studios and entertainment powerhouse Marvel Entertainment. Based on the 2006 six-part comic event Civil War, players must choose to join Iron Man in support of the Superhuman Registration Act or join Captain America in the fight against it.

The choice to support or fight the Superhuman Registration Act provides unique aspects to gameplay. For example, if you pick Captain America, you might get some help from the Punisher; whereas if you choose Iron Man, you may earn help from the Thunderbolts. Both sides contend for the allegiance of heroes still making up their minds, such as Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel.

Civil War features amazing slow-motion combat animations Iron Man and Captain America, each battling for what they see is right. The number of followers amassed to each cause determines the difficulty of each fight, as determined by striking the proper targets and ramps, some of which materialize in thin air.

Civil War joins an incredible lineup of Marvel themed tables, and will release on a multitude of platforms as standalone DLC:

• Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live® Arcade and Windows 8
    [*]Zen Pinball 2 as Cross Buy entitled content for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita
    [*]Marvel Pinball for PlayStation®3
  • Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store
  • Zen Pinball on the iTunes App®Store
  • Zen Pinball THD on Google®Play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS0OQhmeskk

Can we start a group for this? I hope this will motivate me to keep going back to play and buying new tables.

PSN:

JAlbertL

Nothing new here, just wanted to express some Vita / Zen Studios gratitude.

I downloaded Zen Pinball and the first batch of Marvel tables under a promotion when I got my PS3 back in Summer 2011. At the time, I didn't think they were as good as the XBLA version of Pinball FX 2, and quickly forgot about it.

Missed the announcement of Zen Pinball 2 in September 2012, and didn't have a Vita at the time.

Fast forward to today, and I play Zen Pinball for the first time in 18 months on my PS3. After playing for a while, quitting, and reloading it again, it mentions Zen Pinball 2, the upgraded physics, and the ability to import all your old tables. Try it out, and it's great.

And, I can play all my tables on my newly-purchased Vita! This is awesome! Seems like it should be promoted more. It doesn't show up in the Cross-Play Games in the PS Store on my Vita, but it's a very nice bonus.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/05/star-wars-pinball-launches-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-this-month/

Star Wars tables are coming later this month:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvn8nUl0giU

Zen Studios has been making pinball games for nearly a decade now, and today is one of the most exciting pinball moments for our studio! We are extremely excited to announce that Star Wars is coming to Zen Pinball 2! Zen Studios has been working closely with LucasArts to create an amazing collection of videogame pinball tables set in a galaxy far, far away!

The first pack of tables include Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Beyond these exciting tables, there are seven others in production as we speak, all to be revealed as 2013 unfolds.

Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters and unique gameplay. If you have not yet downloaded Zen Pinball 2, it is pretty easy to do. The free download will give you access to a great library of pinball content, where you can download demos for each table and pick which you’d like to buy. All content is cross-buy entitled on PS3 and PS Vita.

We will be unveiling more details on each table over the next few weeks leading up to launch, so be sure to keep an eye on PlayStation.Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest Star Wars Pinball updates.

May the Force be with you!

bread's done
Back