Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward free with any Vita bundle, including 3G PS+ bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Seraphinianus']well, consider my mind blown. the demo made it out like puzzles were the gameplay and were supposed to be legitimately good. My apologies if that's not the point...I tend to be more gameplay oriented, that might be where we're all clashing.
There seems to be universal praise for the game, so I gave the demo an honest shot.[/QUOTE]

Well, give me a point of reference then. Give me a game that you think has good puzzles of this type.

when the hell did i say i played 999...

I never did? Which is why I said I'm going to assume you haven't played it.

and the demo basically made it sound like Gantz...people randomly trapped in an inexplicable situation who have to figure out for themselves what to do and who will team up with who and who will betray who. Don't blame me if the demo did a crappy job of presenting the story. But the foundation of the plot is straight from Gantz, an anime.

I'd say it's more Saw than Gantz, but even that description isn't right.

oh shit, i seem to have attacked a golden cow....alright, challenge accepted....
So very sorry I didn't find this fun....
when the hell did i say i played 999...
Don't blame me if the demo did a crappy job of presenting the story...
And yes, a big boobed chick who is barely covered bouncing around and complimenting you when you figure out the duck quacks at a frequency which unlocks the door to the door to the feather that tickles the nose of the dog who throws up the key because feathers make him ill.

GOTY

Alright, you seem to be becoming antagonistic for no apparent reason. Also, this is the type of game where a demo cannot do the story justice, it's like taking a random chapter out of the middle of a novel. And if I judged a game solely on a demo I'd have missed out on some great games.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']VLR has a big boobed chick who is barely covered, bouncing around, and complimenting you?

Time to move it up my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Seraphinianus got the big boobed chick/barely covered part right.. but she's not bouncing around and complimenting you lol. Oh, and I would LOVE to find an anime with this game's story. 95% of anime is nothing like it, might be able to find an anime that has a couple similarities, but they're rare.

[quote name='sunghost']Seraphinianus got the big boobed chick/barely covered part right.. but she's not bouncing around and complimenting you lol. Oh, and I would LOVE to find an anime with this game's story. 95% of anime is nothing like it, might be able to find an anime that has a couple similarities, but they're rare.[/QUOTE]

Try Monster. It's not really similar in plot structure, but it has similar themes and a huge heaping of well-done plot twists with very deliberate pacing.

Would you recommend Monster taken first as Manga or as the TV series? I'm looking for one new manga and one new series to start right now.

[quote name='Tourista']Would you recommend Monster taken first as Manga or as the TV series? I'm looking for one new manga and one new series to start right now.[/QUOTE]

Either is fine. Next you can read 20th Century Boys, which is manga only but does have a live action movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back