Zeta Gundam LE boxset @ Overstock $57.89

Squee

CAGiversary!
All 10 volumes (50 episodes), and the bonus figures, sharpeners, poster, etc.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=2047152

You can probably find some coupons like free shipping or 10% off to knock down the price, but you'll need a filler (non-media item).

Luckily I had $10 in Overstock coupon codes from using MyPoints. Even with shipping, less than fifty bucks for fifty episodes ain't too bad. :bouncy:

I just got it yesterday, hopefully I'll get to start watching it over the weekend.

Dunno about that, as I haven't yet seen the Zeta Gundam series yet, though I hear a lot of people think it's the best out of the UC timeline (especially since Tomino, the guy behind the orginal gundam, also directed it). Gundam Wing doesn't really go into the aspects of war nearly as deeply as the UC series, though I did find GW's MS design pretty good.

Come on, aren't pencil sharpeners enough of an incentive for ya? ;)

Z gundam is one of the best of the series. It is much deeper than any of the recent modern gundam series. Good deal on the set but the kinda sucks they had to cut the intro songs cuz of licensing issues.

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW, THIS RELEASE HAS DUBTITLES AND NOT REGULAR SUBTITLES!!

When you watch it in Japanese, the subtitles are not a translation of the spoken Japanese but rather just the lines of the English dub script. Bandai later fixed this in the single DVD release and they still REFUSE to replace the inferior DVDs in this LE set for the newer, corrected DVDs.

[quote name='Dkellar']FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW, THIS RELEASE HAS DUBTITLES AND NOT REGULAR SUBTITLES!!

When you watch it in Japanese, the subtitles are not a translation of the spoken Japanese but rather just the lines of the English dub script. Bandai later fixed this in the single DVD release and they still REFUSE to replace the inferior DVDs in this LE set for the newer, corrected DVDs.[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched this subbed, but I heard it's not as bad as everybody makes it out to be. If it was released in 2001, it would've been a minor annoyance. Even still, it's not horrid.

If you're a dub fan, this box set is awesome. I watched it dubbed, and it's great.

I heard of people having issues with some of the discs. I had an issue with one of the discs (4, I think), but I played it in a different DVD player, and it was fine. If you've got multiple DVD players, at least one of them should be able to play it.

bread's done
Back