zhu zhu pets?

hungryheepo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Does anyone have any idea when these are going to be available? I have been looking online for these toys for my little sister over the past few days and its sold out online everywhere. eBay and private party Amazon are selling it for as much as $60+ for 1 or 2 hamsters. It's ridiculous a cat toy can sell for so much! :bomb: Some input would be greatly appreciated!

You are not going to find them, it is pretty much as easy as that. You are going to have to be actively looking for them pretty much all the time and you might get lucky. I know that when they do come in stock they are gone within minutes. It is a lot like when the Wii first came out. Good luck though.

[quote name='bardockkun']Zhu Zhu Pets.

One of my managers got offered by a mom to go around back and she'll show her boobs and let him feel her up for one. Another one offered a BJ. I Wish I was making this up...[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the Tickle-Me Elmo. Good luck man. :/

Got mine because I had a friend message me when they were going to sell them at Target. Only way I could see getting one without checking the store every hour.

Your best bet might be to hit up Target at 8am each morning as they open, then run (don't walk) to the Toys section. Of course, I've seen an increasing number of people using this strategy lately and it's only going to get worse as we get closer to Christmas.

I happened to luck out and pre-ordered the giant hamster play set from toys r us, which comes with 2 hamsters , and all the other stuff, like the house, car, ball, etc. I thought for sure it was never going to ship but found out just a few minutes ago that it is going to ship and I will receive it in about a week. My girls are going to be pretty excited. I don't see what all the damn fuss is about as they don't seem like they are all that wonderful.

I can tell you for a fact that every distributor in the US is out until a 'reprint' from China, which is not expected until Jan. My source is from said distributors directly - all the major ones and some of the smaller ones. One of my coworkers is responsible for acquisition of this type of item. That's not to say that some retail chains don't have some in their warehouses - but you won't see any new shipments until Jan unless someone 'finds' inventory somewhere - which I highly doubt. Good luck.

Back in Septwhen Halo 3 ODST came out I went to TRU early cause I wanted the gift card & the action figure with it. There was a line already formed when I got there of about 15 people. I was convinced I would not get what I wanted as I did not pre-order. When the doors opened me and one other person went to get Halo. Everyone else was walking to the registers with all of the ZHU ZHU pets they could carry.

I was looking at them like they had two heads. I had no idea what ZHU ZHU pets were. The cashier told me they were the hot toy this year. I should have known that the guys were re-sellers as they had that Flea Market seller look.

I saw the commercials for those things and just thought they were like those toys you see in NYC on the streets that they are always trying to sell to tourists. Unfortunately, my daughter wants any toys she sees advertised during the Nick Jr 9-2 time frame. So now she is begging for a toy I deem impossible to find right now.

So the moral of the story is: have fun trying to pull down a miracle at a cheap price. But if you can do it then think of how good it will feel.

Aren't these the hamster pet toy thing people are going ape shit over.

Buy a real hamster lol, and it would cost the same.

I think you're going to be too late unless you get lucky. I was able to pick up all 4 hamsters and a few of the house/ball things for my kids back in October, but haven't seen them since. With just a couple weeks left until Xmas, start looking for another idea or be prepared to shell out the high second hand prices.

I believe part of the problem is these are already rebrands from the first run on them. They were originally marketed as Go-Go pets I believe. We got lucky and found a set on an online toy seller that came with a mini playset and one hamster, and we oly got overcharged maybe 10 dollars.

Then we went to toysrus on blackfriday as well and managed to snag 2 since Toysrus was giving the first 100 people that wanted one on their 12 AM sale on BF.

Personally that kind of ticked me off because we had been looking for months, and then we find out that Toysrus seems to have been holding a ton back just for black friday

My family was looking for some for an out of state relative and found them at a CVS. Try local drug stores, since they usually sell a small selection of toys. They ended up buying 8 of them for various kids in the family.

OP, don't give in to media. Buy one of these from Amazon for $12 shipped:

You can also get one of these for the same price:

Depending on her age, tell her they're a different kind of Zhu Zhu from Japan or simply a "starter" zhu zhu for her so when she has the more expensive ones she won't break them by having them drop off the kitchen table like a lemming (Zhu Zhu suicide seems to be a common problem with them).

Seriously, though, don't give in to the media, retail, and especially not to inflated resellers...

I know our Toys R Us will most likely be having some this Saturday, we're going to start selling them at 3pm that day. I'm assuming this is a big YMMV.

Here's the inside scoop on Zhu Zhu's ... just for you guys - the 5th or 6th for TRU (an employee said Saturday but then said the 6th, so it's one of the 2 days) - they are holding stock for it, confirmed by a couple TRU employees, basically doing the same thing they did for Black Friday where everyone thought they had sold out and then they busted out pallets of them.

A better option - CVS drugstore - like someone in this thread said, all CVS's should have received a shipment. 2 things could have happened to that shipment - 1. it was already put out and the remnants of it remain at your local stores because asshats came in and bought 50 hamsters.

Or - and this is the important one - they are telling you they have no stock, because this Sunday there will be an ad and store display at each store (unless they sold early) with a limit of 2 actual Zhu Zhu hamsters for each guest and various playset accessories and blankets, etc. Accessories I've seen include the wheel, the slide and the car ... not any of the big playset or the triple pack of hamsters that seems to be a Target & TRU online exclusive.

Hope this info helps a couple folks in need ... I'll be taking advantage and grabbing a couple Hamsters here and there, but I always leave a few for those who actually deserve them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go to zoolert.com. They have a tracker for the pets and one for the accessories to tell you when they are in stock online. I got all 4 hamsters and the funhouse with a hamster not too long after I signed up! Good Luck!!!

I don't know why year after year there's always some "Must Have Item." Personally, I don't like these things. The first time I saw them on TV I started laughing and thought to myself what a stupid toy.

Guess I was wrong, I would try to keep an eye out for them but I live in a bad state full of resellers!!!! If there as popular as everyone says my best bet would be( Seeing how you live near the Greater Los Angeles area) is going to Frank & Sons. It's in Walnut, City of Industry Area only open Wednesdays and Saturdays I'm pretty sure there are tons of them there.

Best of luck to you.

The problem is the same with the Wii, retailers are holding their stock and releasing the stock for an ad date as an attempt to try to draw more people to the store. They are not putting them out when they get a shipment, they are sitting on them so unless you line up when the release of them is announced you don't have a chance.

You could even use the scanner in target to punch in the DPI code if you know it or print a barcode if you know the UPC. Someone has to have the UPC of one of these things then the scanner would tell you if there is a shipment in the back or not. Perhaps after you have that information you could coarse an employee into selling one to you.

Personally, I don't have kids, but its just a toy (a $10 one at that), its not worth fighting a crowd of rabid soccer moms over and your kid will live without it if they don't get it. Its definitely not worth paying a reseller to get and frankly, I don't even think they are that cute. Your kid may want it really bad but like most other toys it will be sitting in the corner unused after a couple days.

Heck I've never even seen these toys at a local store and I walk the toy aisles almost every time I visit a retail store looking for cute or unusual things, but now I see an empty space where they used to be. My walmart doesn't seem to be stocking them, just Target.

TRU got a bunch of the Hamster City sets in at each store today, it's a $129.99 set but it comes with 2 Hamsters and a ton of accessories.

the Hamster City for 129 in store is a ripoff, they sell it online for 99, you are definitely paying a premium. I got my daughters online at Toy's R us. Whenever they go in stock its usually around 8-9 am EST. A lot of times it says out of stock, but if you refresh the page you will see it briefly in stock. Some times if you are quick enough to hit add to cart you will get one. Amazon has had a 35 dollar set 2 or 3 times. CVS is also kind of a down low place you might luck out finding one. They are hard to get, but can be had if you know wen and where to look.

Toy's R us B and M is intentionally holding stock and releasing them in spurts so that you have to wait in line. Their twitter account sometimes gives you advance notice:

http://twitter.com/toysrus

PS, I haven't given my daughter hers yet, but it seems pretty crappy. But it's only like 10 bucks and you gotta make the little one happy.

[quote name='caltab']the Hamster City for 129 in store is a ripoff, they sell it online for 99, you are definitely paying a premium. I got my daughters online at Toy's R us. Whenever they go in stock its usually around 8-9 am EST. A lot of times it says out of stock, but if you refresh the page you will see it briefly in stock. Some times if you are quick enough to hit add to cart you will get one. Amazon has had a 35 dollar set 2 or 3 times. CVS is also kind of a down low place you might luck out finding one. They are hard to get, but can be had if you know wen and where to look.

Toy's R us B and M is intentionally holding stock and releasing them in spurts so that you have to wait in line. Their twitter account sometimes gives you advance notice:

http://twitter.com/toysrus

PS, I haven't given my daughter hers yet, but it seems pretty crappy. But it's only like 10 bucks and you gotta make the little one happy.[/QUOTE]

You should have bought like 20 and turn them all on at the same time. Fun for the holidays! :D

[quote name='caltab']the Hamster City for 129 in store is a ripoff, they sell it online for 99, you are definitely paying a premium. I got my daughters online at Toy's R us. Whenever they go in stock its usually around 8-9 am EST. A lot of times it says out of stock, but if you refresh the page you will see it briefly in stock. Some times if you are quick enough to hit add to cart you will get one. Amazon has had a 35 dollar set 2 or 3 times. CVS is also kind of a down low place you might luck out finding one. They are hard to get, but can be had if you know wen and where to look.

http://twitter.com/toysrus[/QUOTE]

Less of a premium than what people are paying online ... TRU jacked up the price on it twice, but it's still cheaper than the time, gas or money you'll spend hunting these things down. I've been able to find most of the stuff at CVS, but if I were a parent wanting to get everything and fast, I'd still go for the Hamster City rather than dealing with online retailers or getting lucky at a Walmart or CVS.

[quote name='etcrane']Less of a premium than what people are paying online ... TRU jacked up the price on it twice, but it's still cheaper than the time, gas or money you'll spend hunting these things down. I've been able to find most of the stuff at CVS, but if I were a parent wanting to get everything and fast, I'd still go for the Hamster City rather than dealing with online retailers or getting lucky at a Walmart or CVS.[/QUOTE]

ya, i got the city online like a month ago, but it still hasn't shipped, although recently changed status to in stock. I got another one in early november by going right when the store opened.

The real hot commodity that I've actually never seen is the second wave of hamsters. I guess they were released in November, but I've never ever seen the Pink one or the black and white one, etc ... I wonder how people are finding those or if they just held on to them when the first shipment went out?

I was at my local (Riverside CA) TRU Sunday at around six. Some guy managed to get a hold of at least 20. The manager was not going to let him buy them all. saying it was not fair to other people. He argued back that there was no limit in the ad. That is when I walked away.

The number of people getting in on selling these is insane ... I could be completely wrong, but I almost think the resellers are creating a greater demand than the actual people who are looking for these for their kids. Basically, I could see the bubble bursting right after Christmas and tons of returns ... the fact is, these aren't as hard to find as many people are saying ... and there are about a billion resellers who have wiped out store stock ... since there are so many resellers, it's driving the overall prices down every day, which is good for the average mom or dad hunting for these.

Found mine at CVS, they had just started to unload the truck. I picked up two hamsters out of the 10 they had recieved, I went back 30 minutes later and they were gone. So, find out when the truck comes in and be there waiting.

So Zhu Zhu pets are just hamsters?? I was in TRU about a week ago, saw a huge line that wrapped around the store for them, and wondered what the heck a Zhu Zhu pet was.

there these little hampsters that move around and make noise when you push a button. You can buy play sets that they run around in. They have a really loud commercial that kids love that's played all day. Their main saving grace is they are pretty cheap if you can find one in store.

http://www.zhuzhupets.com/

Tomorrow, Thursday December 10th, TRU will be selling one per customer to the first 50 Rewards Members in line(doors open at 7am). I've been flipping these for months now - huge profit.

120909_Em_RewardsRUs_04a.jpg

120909_Em_RewardsRUs_04b.jpg

I lucked out and managed to get 2 of these at a local walmart. There was a limit of two per person. The only way I was able to get the info for this is from a friend who unloads the truck. He said show up sat. night at midnight and they will be on the floor. I showed up at 12:15 to find out they were under lock and key in electronics with someone "guarding" them LOL. I paid about $18 for two when my aunt paid about 33 for one on ebay. I showed up the next day and was told the entire shipment of 50 sold in less then 30 mins. Toysrus did they them on pre-order. My neighbor didn't even have to leave the house. Ordered online waited for the shipment and it got shipped to the house for normal retail price including free shipping.

If I come across any extra, i'll be sure to send you a pm.

My daughters each found one, by chance at a Walmart, the day after Halloween. They were so excited!

They played for it for 1 day before it's gone back in the drawer where they've stayed since then...

As an employee of TRU, I hate these things. I always profess ignorance when customers ask me about them. There are cat toys that do similar things

[quote name='ackbar7']Just my opinion, but these are way stupider than Tickle Me Elmo or the Furby.[/QUOTE]

LOL
i agree
but i think you mean to say dumber. either way histerical statement.

[quote name='ackbar7']Just my opinion, but these are way stupider than Tickle Me Elmo or the Furby.[/QUOTE]

Speaking from experience of someone who's father thought it would be funny to buy a Furby, NOTHING IS STUPIDER THAN A fuckING FURBY!

I just picked up three of the playsets/add on's for my niece at CVS. Try there as well many people dont know they have toys.

bread's done
Back