Zombie movies Seen best one in long time.. UNDEAD, funniest STACY

If this is the UNDEAD movie you guys are talking about,, It straight up crap.. It has got to be one of the worst Zombie movies. Rented it from Blockbuster about a month ago when it came out..

Undead(2003)
Color, Enhanced Widescreen Letterbox DVD

Rated: R
Release Date: 10/11/2005

When deadly meteorites start striking the calm, peaceful community of Berkeley, Australia, a ragtag group of strangers fight for their lives against a hoard of red-blooded zombies that have... More

Starring: Felicity Mason, Mungo McKay, Rob Jenkins, More

Now if you want a splatter fest, check out Dead Men Walking, I rented it from Blockbuster about 2 weeks ago, A prision is infected with a virus that turns everyone into a raging( thing 28 days later) flesh eating zombie. Lots of great splatter effects...

I have seen all of the original Romero flicks (except Land), but I don't think I have ever seen Day unrated. I think I have only seen the cable version - and I always thought it was really weak. I need to check out the real version.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Now if you want a splatter fest, check out Dead Men Walking, I rented it from Blockbuster about 2 weeks ago, A prision is infected with a virus that turns everyone into a raging( thing 28 days later) flesh eating zombie. Lots of great splatter effects...[/QUOTE]

i been waiting for it since few weeks ago but netflix has no release date forit

Blockbuster got it in just a few weeks ago( I rented it 2 tuesday's ago).. It a straight B class movie in every way ( gotta love the Heavy/Death Metal type soundtrack) but the gore scenes alone make it worth watching.

[quote name='lebowsky']I have seen all of the original Romero flicks (except Land), but I don't think I have ever seen Day unrated. I think I have only seen the cable version - and I always thought it was really weak. I need to check out the real version.[/QUOTE]
It's the goriest of the original trilogy, but it's a bit more cerebrial. Check out the original script for Day of the Dead, two of my posts up if you want to see what could have been.

As far as gore goes, you need to check out high-tension. Its one of my favorite films of the year and one of my favorite horror films of all-time. I recommend watching it dubbed first, since the original actress did her own dubbing and then watching the longer french (english subtitled) version.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Blockbuster got it in just a few weeks ago( I rented it 2 tuesday's ago).. It a straight B class movie in every way ( gotta love the Heavy/Death Metal type soundtrack) but the gore scenes alone make it worth watching.[/QUOTE]

must be a very limited release movie cause netflix said they have no plans on carrying it when i called and reasked them today. I cant belive so many people want the new star wars i been on long wait since last week and they said It probally wont be till the end of NOV to first of Dec before i get it.

i Liked UNDEAD a hell of a lot more then LAND OF THE DEAD

off topic but a nice family movie

12 dogs of christmas (got it off netflix last week) was a cute little show

[quote name='Quackzilla']Land of the Dead is about people living in relative harmony with the zombies (takes place after Dawn of the Dead). In fact, in the end the main character lets some zombies live because "they are just looking for a place to go, like us". The main enemy is not the zombies but a guy who steals a bus-tank, the zombies are a side story, merely part of the setting.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Land of the Dead takes place after Day of the Dead.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']As far as gore goes, you need to check out high-tension. Its one of my favorite films of the year and one of my favorite horror films of all-time. I recommend watching it dubbed first, since the original actress did her own dubbing and then watching the longer french (english subtitled) version.[/QUOTE]
It was a good movie, but the whole thing was almost ruined by the twist as you have to make a LOT of assumptions for that twist to hold up. Or for that matter, if you can't stand subtitling, just watch the first 25-30 minutes of the dubbed track (as that holds about 85 - 90% of the dialogue in the film) then watch the uncut french version from there on.

which zombie movie was being promoted with the beach scene with the zombie on crutches, freaky mutated zombies, nazi zombies, etc. i would hate to think it turned into undead.

[quote name='nakanenui']which zombie movie was being promoted with the beach scene with the zombie on crutches, freaky mutated zombies, nazi zombies, etc. i would hate to think it turned into undead.[/QUOTE]
Think you're talking about "Worst Case Scenario"

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i'd like to hear any feedback on THEY CAME BACK, if anyone has seen it[/QUOTE]
Pardon my spell of thread necromancy, but I finally got around to watching "They Came Back" and was disappointed. Those expecting a horror movie need not apply as this is basically a drama. The undead in this film are not traditional zombies, they look like normal humans they just haven't aged since their death (think "The 4400" with zombies instead of alien abductees). The beginning is intriguing as the local government doesn't know quite know what to do, they study the Returned to try and figure out what makes them tick, what drives them. Though ultimately it really doesn't go much of anywhere, the Returned do certain things, but it is never explained what the purpose of it all is.

Overall: Not recommended

It's not really a zombie movie, but I saw house of wax the other night and I thought that was pretty sweet. Not so much scary, but it was decent. Can we change this into "Scariest scary movie" thread so that I can test them out?

28 Days Later is on right now in case anyone is interested. And speaking of zombie movies .. I think a Half Life 2 movie would be awesome, especially when Gordon goes to Ravenhome.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Has anybody seen the 1990 Night of the Living Dead remake?[/quote]
It's alright, but not as good as the original. There's a lot more screaming at each other which is kinda annoying.

bread's done
Back