Zombie Raids in World of Warcraft.

dwhelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/22/wrath-of-the-lich-king-zombie-plague-covering-azeroth/

I have to say, this is pretty badass. When I played WOW back three years ago, I remember the unintentional plague and watching populated areas just have player corpses dropping left and right. Now that Blizzard has take that plague idea and worked it into the Lich King expansion, it tempts me to come back. Anyone have any thought? Anyone run into these yet? I would be interested in hearing more.

It's EVERYWHERE. The Headless Horseman guy shows up in Goldshire, Kharanos and Azure Watch. That's where you'll see a lot of people infecting each other.

Being a zombie is kinda fun. You get new attacks and such. Best part: you can EXPLODE! Unfortunately you die...but it's well worth it to see yourself dismembered. It's fun unless you're not into the Hallow's End stuff and just passing through a town. AND it's annoying when zombies kill your quest givers...but you gotta admit that's kinda fun too.

This makes me want to go back and play WoW.
I swore it off a year ago, and getting in the lich king beta has made me realize it was a good idea.

Last night I switched to my Night Elf Warrior and saw some Conspicuous Crates and Plagued Roaches. Right clicked on the crates on accident instead of grabbing something from my bag...annnd I got infected.

And now you'll people with banners who look like emissaries called Argent of Dawn. If you see any of the Argent of Dawn healers, talk to them they'll say the following:

"Be wary, for the plagued tendrils of the Lich King lurk close."

Run up to them when you're infected and they'll automatically cure the disease from you. I wonder if that's their main role even when WotLK officially launches or if they're going to be destined for greater things (new PvP battleground, PvE quest giver, something else?).

[quote name='cdietschrun']It won't be Violet. It's for Hallow's End, but more specifically, for the launch of Wrath of the Lich King soon.[/quote]

Shaq-fu. I really hate zombies. No offense to those who play the Undead.

I like to hang out and cleanse everyone with my pally...pisses the hell out of the 14 year olds that have nothing better to do than infect people that dont want it.

[quote name='blackjaw']I like to hang out and cleanse everyone with my pally...pisses the hell out of the 14 year olds that have nothing better to do than infect people that dont want it.[/quote]

You mean the ones that yell out and also whisper to you "DON'T HEAL! DON'T HEAL!" right? Really annoying. Thank god it ends...NOV 2?? Freakin zombies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea this was fun at first, but its kind of annoying now. You cant go afk in any major city without coming back and being dead, plus you gotta pay for repair costs and wasted time trying to do something or get somewhere.

bread's done
Back