Zone of the Enders HD $30, Dead or Alive 5 & Sleeping Dogs $48 each at Newegg

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
Newegg does not charge your card until your order ships. Valid until August 6, 2012.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - $29.99
Release: October 23, 2012

PS3
Promo: EMCNCGJ234

Promo: EMCNCGJ233

Dead or Alive 5 - $47.99
Release: September 18, 2012

PS3
Promo: EMCNCGJ86

Promo: EMCNCGJ85

Sleeping Dogs - $47.99
Release: August 14, 2012

PS3
Promo: EMCNCGJ236

Promo: EMCNCGJ235

Last edited by a moderator:
WAIT, HOLD UP...there is gonna be a ZoE HD release?!?!?!?! AWESOME...wonder if it'll have a MGS2 HD demo that pisses everyone off by the time of its actual release ;)

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']WAIT, HOLD UP...there is gonna be a ZoE HD release?!?!?!?! AWESOME...wonder if it'll have a MGS2 HD demo that pisses everyone off by the time of its actual release ;)[/QUOTE]

It's going to have a Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo instead ;)

Hmm, got ZOEHD for $30 as part of that $10 off all preorders deal a while back but don't want some of the other items in that order anymore. Guess I'll cancel it and reorder this separately.

Now to hope for a $10 off P4G coupon soon.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Gahh so tempted by ZOE but I know its gonna be $10 sometime soon. What to doooo[/QUOTE]

If you KNOW it's going to be $10 sometime soon then wait. I don't think it will get that low for a while. MGS Collection hasn't been much lower than $30 I don't believe.

$48 for Sleeping Dogs is good but since I'll get the $10 coupon from Best Buy and all the points related to it from Best Buy and PayPal, im better off just waiting until the Sunday before the game comes out.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Gahh so tempted by ZOE but I know its gonna be $10 sometime soon. What to doooo[/QUOTE]

Yea I don't think this set of games won't reach the $10 mark soon. I think these will be low print, and heavy in demand.

Thanks op, awesome price... not sure if I want the game or not though. It's then one where you pilot the robot from the pelvis area right?

[quote name='Rsmobile']so three hours of gameplay, 12 hours of cutscenes, and more attention to video gamey pseudo-realism than actually bolstering the core mechanics with good levels?[/QUOTE]

It's more like 5 hours of gameplay and 2 hours of cutscenes. Video gamey psuedo realism is in (the mechs are powered by unobtainium). The mechanics are great though, awesome levels, great controls and fluid action.

Speaking of controls, the originals used the pressure sensitive face buttons of the dualshock 2 to change the strength of the attacks (example: a rapid fire that fires very fast with a high spread with a light press of the subweapon button, or a slower, more accurate rapid fire with a full press of the button.) Since the Dualshock 3 has pressure sensitive face buttons and the 360 controller does not, I would recommend this on the PS3 (not a fanboy, have both systems)

The games are fairly short, but have lots of replay value, especially ZOE2. ZOE2 has collectables that require multiple playthroughs to get them all. The collectables are extra mission disks, which unlock bonus levels, as well as unlockable boss mechs to use in versus mode. There is a New game +, which lets you carry over your subweapons, and/or choose to use the default mech, or start with upgraded mechs you earn during the game.

ZOE1 was alright, ZOE2 was great. I already have both games, but I am getting the ZoE collection to see this game play at a constant 60 FPS (hopefully... the PS2 versions slowed down a lot when the action got hectic) and improved graphics. I also want to speak with my wallet and let Konami know we want a ZoE3 by supporting this collection.

[quote name='earvcunanan']It's going to have a Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo instead ;)[/QUOTE]

IS it going to have a demo?

[quote name='VaultDweller']is zone of enders any good?[/QUOTE]

2 of the best damn PS2 games ever made!

Had it pre-ordered with Amazon but an extra $10 off is too hard to resist! I'm totally in for ZoE HD!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tempted by ZoE, but I've been waiting out for a pre-order bonus or special edition (let alone a release date). Might pre-order, then cancel if something comes up.

[quote name='blinknot4']Sleeping Dogs looks like it will kick ass... but it is a Squeenix game, which means they will slash its price only 4-8 weeks after release.

History speaks for itself (Deus Ex, Just Cause 2, FF13, etc). All awesome, all had surprisingly fast price drops or perma-sales. My recommendation, hold out on Sleeping Dogs until early October...[/QUOTE]

If it hits $20 for the PC copy, I'm definitely grabbing that. I have Amazon credit to use. Spec Ops was $25 during release date through Amazon DD sale. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

people should be a bit more wary of ZoE HD collection; those who have never played it might wanna hold back on it since it's getting a little bit over hyped right now; great for those who played it but it may seem a bit underwhelming compared to some modern games

[quote name='exaznkid']people should be a bit more wary of ZoE HD collection; those who have never played it might wanna hold back on it since it's getting a little bit over hyped right now; great for those who played it but it may seem a bit underwhelming compared to some modern games[/QUOTE]

A bit for the first game, but not at all for the 2nd. There is no other game like Z.O.E. 2nd Runner. It is amazing, and worthy of the overwhelming amount of praise it consistently receives.

bread's done
Back