Playstation 3 ($59.99)

Xbox 360 ($59.99)

ZOE_PS3_beauty_shot_55704_screen.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:

- 100 Page Artbook
- Remixed Soundtrack
- Special Gold Metallic Packaging

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SEGA128DC']I'm glad, I pre-ordered, Zone of the Enders HD Collection (Collector's Edition) for the Xbox 360 from GameStop, last week...;)
[/QUOTE]

Why, was it cheaper than the $60 it's currently being sold for on the website and in-store via preorder? Both versions are in stock and available.

[quote name='bojay1997']Why, was it cheaper than the $60 it's currently being sold for on the website and in-store via preorder? Both versions are in stock and available.[/QUOTE]

I think he means that Amazon has sold out, and now its just 3rd party scalpers selling the CE at 100% mark-up. GS still has it, I think.

I could be wrong, though.

FYI, Best Buy has the SKU for the CE in their RSS and can take preorders for it in store. Maybe others have better info or experiences but the person who took mine said they generally do a good job of getting inventory of non "stock" preorders.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']I think he means that Amazon has sold out, and now its just 3rd party scalpers selling the CE at 100% mark-up. GS still has it, I think.

I could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant, and you can still pre-order the Collector's Edition for the 360 & PS3 at GameStop.com...;)

Someone asked earlier and got no answer and I had the same question. Is there any REAL evidence of quality difference between the XBOX/PS3 versions? I know the quick thought is that since it was originally on PS it should be better on that platform, but this generation has shown multiplats have turned out better on XBOX in overall quality. Ive googled "differences between version" and "which one is better?" to no avail. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Someone asked earlier and got no answer and I had the same question. Is there any REAL evidence of quality difference between the XBOX/PS3 versions? I know the quick thought is that since it was originally on PS it should be better on that platform, but this generation has shown multiplats have turned out better on XBOX in overall quality. Ive googled "differences between version" and "which one is better?" to no avail. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
The performance of these two bodies is even. But to match the Xbox, the PS3 lacks one thing--a program to bring out the full performance of the PS3. ...That depends on the skill of the runner. :whistle2:#

[quote name='sadboy']The performance of these two bodies is even. But to match the Xbox, the PS3 lacks one thing--a program to bring out the full performance of the PS3. ...That depends on the skill of the runner. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

This is amazing, im at a loss of words on how cool this quote is to describe the 2 versions.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']I know the quick thought is that since it was originally on PS it should be better on that platform,.[/QUOTE]
You're talking apples and oranges here. The original games were coded for PS2, which is an entirely different platform to develop for than the PS3. As such the original platform being Sony related would have no bearing whatsoever on PS3 performance.

If anything, you're better off comparing which version of the MGS HD Collection performed better. (I'd imagine as it's also an HD port of older Kojima team titles, it'll probably be the same developers porting ZOE)

[quote name='sadboy']The performance of these two bodies is even. But to match the Xbox, the PS3 lacks one thing--a program to bring out the full performance of the PS3. ...That depends on the skill of the runner. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
This post made me giggle. Thank you. :3

Is there a DF article on the differences already? How on earth are people trying to compare performance across 2 consoles on an unreleased game?

Never played either of these games, but after a quick google search it looks like ZoE2 makes use of the dual shock's analog buttons. For me, that was the deciding factor on the MGS HD Collection.

/thread

[quote name='rootbeerafloat']Never played either of these games, but after a quick google search it looks like ZoE2 makes use of the dual shock's analog buttons. For me, that was the deciding factor on the MGS HD Collection.[/QUOTE]

Seems like that may be the deciding factor for a lot of people. Although I played the originals on PS2 (MUST HAVES!), I did play the MGS:HD collection and didnt really feel uncomfortable playing the games a'la a different control scheme. That could just be cause I mostly game on XBOX, so may just be specific to myself. Regardless, the games are amazing and worth a purchase from any action junkie. Do...Buy.

Due to my complete lack of indecision I somehow talked myself into preordering a collectors copy for each system. Hopefully closer to release lens of truth will do a comparison or another site will step up.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Due to my complete lack of indecision I somehow talked myself into preordering a collectors copy for each system. Hopefully closer to release lens of truth will do a comparison or another site will step up.[/QUOTE]

Considering this comes out the same day as Assassin's Creed 3, I wouldn't bet on anybody having a comparison up pre-release.

[quote name='eXiON']Worked for me, have you tried it yet?

And yeah, GS won't charge you until it ships.[/QUOTE]

Very odd. I tried it again this time and now it works. Didn't work when the listing wasn't updated with the picture.

Anyhoo, thanks for the headsup! Canceled the previous order and saved $3.49

for anyone who preordered from Amazon the PS3 collectors edition, how much did Amazon charge for shipping and what was the overall price?

Item(s) Subtotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Total Before Tax: $59.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $4.95
Grand Total:
$64.94

[quote name='xewndar1']for anyone who preordered from Amazon the PS3 collectors edition, how much did Amazon charge for shipping and what was the overall price?[/QUOTE]

Amazon shouldn't be charging anything for shipping unless you selected something where it does. It's over $25, so it gets free Super Saver shipping, and a lotta people here have Prime and are getting free day 1 delivery.

[quote name='xewndar1']for anyone who preordered from Amazon the PS3 collectors edition, how much did Amazon charge for shipping and what was the overall price?[/QUOTE]
Huh?! Have you shipped at Amazon before? Free release day shipping

Have any of you noticed that the PS3 Limited Edition is no longer being listed by Amazon, but the Xbox 360 is (sold out of course). I checked my order for the PS3 Limited Edition but when I click on the link I get a "404 page not found" message. Strange to see one version of the LE listed but not the other, especially when there were 3rd party sellers for the PS3 version. I hope this does not effect in some way those of us who preordered the PS3 version directly from Amazon.

[quote name='Jay2328']Have any of you noticed that the PS3 Limited Edition is no longer being listed by Amazon, but the Xbox 360 is (sold out of course). I checked my order for the PS3 Limited Edition but when I click on the link I get a "404 page not found" message. Strange to see one version of the LE listed but not the other, especially when there were 3rd party sellers for the PS3 version. I hope this does not effect in some way those of us who preordered the PS3 version directly from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the reasons I cancelled my Amazon pre-order for it. Another was that I already had it fully paid off at my local Gamestop and could get it a Hell of a lot sooner. Final reason was that I was going to cancel it anyway as I didn't have the money to get both copies right now. Especially after putting a $100 deposit on a Mass Effect Reaper statue with another $250 to go towards it in a few months . . .

[quote name='Captain Urahara']That's one of the reasons I cancelled my Amazon pre-order for it. Another was that I already had it fully paid off at my local Gamestop and could get it a Hell of a lot sooner. Final reason was that I was going to cancel it anyway as I didn't have the money to get both copies right now. Especially after putting a $100 deposit on a Mass Effect Reaper statue with another $250 to go towards it in a few months . . .[/QUOTE]
I just hope they don't cancel my order all of a sudden. I originally had a preorder for the standard edition at Newegg.com with a $10 off code, now that is gone and it would really stink to lose the LE as well. I guess I have to wait and see what happens.

Might contact customer support just to be on the safe side, especially since I've put $20 in Amazon credit on my copy.

Update: Here was the response I got:

I understand that you are concerned about Playstation 3 version of the 'Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition' availability.

I've checked the website and can confirm that we'll fulfill your order on specified date on the order. There is no need to worry.

You will receive an email confirmation once this item will ship out.
That doesn't really answer why the item isn't listed anymore, but at least they'll still send it to me.

[quote name='Zonic505']Might contact customer support just to be on the safe side, especially since I've put $20 in Amazon credit on my copy.

Update: Here was the response I got:

That doesn't really answer why the item isn't listed anymore, but at least they'll still send it to me.[/QUOTE]
Well at least they are saying your copy will ship (and hopefully mine) but it sure is strange that it is not being listed anymore. Anyway, thanks for the update.

[quote name='Jay2328']Have any of you noticed that the PS3 Limited Edition is no longer being listed by Amazon, but the Xbox 360 is (sold out of course). I checked my order for the PS3 Limited Edition but when I click on the link I get a "404 page not found" message. Strange to see one version of the LE listed but not the other, especially when there were 3rd party sellers for the PS3 version. I hope this does not effect in some way those of us who preordered the PS3 version directly from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. The link on my order works fine. See if this link brings it up:

http://www.amazon.com/Zone-Enders-C...1350354111&sr=1-2&keywords=zone+of+the+enders

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Yeah it works for me.[/QUOTE]
Just checked it and it does work now. Last two days the link was not working and the PS3 LE was not even listed, guess Amazon fixed it. It would seem I can stop worrying about my copy, for the moment anyway.

When TLoZ: Skyward Sword collector's edition was still not released, Amazon took down the page (presumably to stop the scalpers from going crazy) until it was released. I still got it on release day; I expect this to be no different.

Heads up, GS' pre-orders come with a giant double-sided poster of ZoE and Metal Gear Rising, I just called and apparently they're still taking orders of the LE. Cancelling my Amazon pre-order and switching to GS later today.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Heads up, GS' pre-orders come with a giant double-sided poster of ZoE and Metal Gear Rising, I just called and apparently they're still taking orders of the LE. Cancelling my Amazon pre-order and switching to GS later today.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, guessing this is only if you pre-order in-store? I ordered it online, and just went to the page to see if they had updated it to include that bonus, but no dice.

^ It's listed only on the standard ed., but I'd imagine they'd extend it to the LE orders too, even though I didn't see it there. When I go in today I'm going to make sure LE pre-orders get it too, since it wouldn't make sense that we wouldn't. They only just announced this pre-order bonus yesterday (which is very strange considering it comes out in a week).

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/zone-of-the-enders-hd-collection/99628

Found it, yeah I can't see why it wouldn't. Here's the quote straight from the page.

Pre-order Zone of the Enders HD Collection and when you pick up the game, you will receive this exclusive double-sided poster (20.5" x 28.75") of two Kojima Productions games: Zone of the Enders HD Collection and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance! Online Customers: You will need to go to the store with your shipping confirmation email to pickup the poster. Please call your local store ahead of time to confirm availability.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Poster will be available at time of pick-up

Gonna go ahead and try it regardless once I get my shipping confirmation for the game, thanks for the info!

I've been mildly intrigued by the game but haven't been paying attention to the thread, so I apologize if this has been covered in the previous pages. Are there any concerns that this will run like crap like the Silent Hill collection?

[quote name='hpbbes']I've been mildly intrigued by the game but haven't been paying attention to the thread, so I apologize if this has been covered in the previous pages. Are there any concerns that this will run like crap like the Silent Hill collection?[/QUOTE]

The problem with that one was the guys at Konami were using the original code or something like that; they weren't working with the game as it was published. It was basically the unfinished versions of the games.

Bluepoint is making these, and they've done some fantastic HD collections, God of War HD, Ico/SotcHD and the MGS HD collection were just about flawless, and MGSHD was also done Bluepoint/Kojimaproductions, just as ZoEHD is, so I really wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']The problem with that one was the guys at Konami were using the original code or something like that; they weren't working with the game as it was published. It was basically the unfinished versions of the games.

Bluepoint is making these, and they've done some fantastic HD collections, God of War HD, Ico/SotcHD and the MGS HD collection were just about flawless, and MGSHD was also done Bluepoint/Kojimaproductions, just as ZoEHD is, so I really wouldn't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification!

[quote name='hpbbes']I've been mildly intrigued by the game but haven't been paying attention to the thread, so I apologize if this has been covered in the previous pages. Are there any concerns that this will run like crap like the Silent Hill collection?[/QUOTE]

High Voltage Software is developing this game not Bluepoint. Most notable game would be Conduit 1 and 2 (Still wouldn't worry about it).

http://www.examiner.com/article/developer-revealed-for-zone-of-the-enders-hd-collection

[quote name='edson13']ps3 version back in stock. no purchase limit. Makes me think its not going to be so limited[/QUOTE]

I still think it is going to be limited, especially since only Amazon and GameStop are selling it. The X360 version is still currently listed as OOS at Amazon.

This may just be an instance of preorders being canceled.

So far all Kojima LE have been quite limited, and I don't think this will buck that trend...

Hmmm, kind of tempted by the poster, but not a big fan of double sided ones. I've got those poster hanger clip things I could use & hang it from the ceiling, I guess.

Just a heads up, came back from GS and yeah you can still pre-order the LE. I asked about the poster, and the guy said he didn't know about it. I asked if the LE people would still get it and he said it didn't say but that he'd assume yes.

bread's done
Back