Playstation 3 ($59.99)

Xbox 360 ($59.99)

ZOE_PS3_beauty_shot_55704_screen.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:

- 100 Page Artbook
- Remixed Soundtrack
- Special Gold Metallic Packaging

Last edited by a moderator:
I still own the ZOE1 and 2 for PS2, and I thought ZOE1 was as mediocre as they come, but ZOE2 was very good. That said, I have no interest in replaying them and the artbook doesn't really interest me for this particular game. I'll pass on this.

[quote name='GBAstar']As of just a few weeks ago they didn't. I doubt it has changed. Either this was classified in the wrong category or you're in for a cancellation. Hopefully it ships though![/QUOTE]

Actually, I just tried to order some games (Halo 4 pre-order and Borderlands 2 PS3) and they let me go all the way to the final confirmation page. Before, I couldn't make it past the shipping address page.

[quote name='Vinny']Actually, I just tried to order some games (Halo 4 pre-order and Borderlands 2 PS3) and they let me go all the way to the final confirmation page. Before, I couldn't make it past the shipping address page.[/QUOTE]

It won't let me order Xbox games - but all PS3 games I get all the way thru all 4 of my orders.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I still own the ZOE1 and 2 for PS2, and I thought ZOE1 was as mediocre as they come, but ZOE2 was very good. That said, I have no interest in replaying them and the artbook doesn't really interest me for this particular game. I'll pass on this.[/QUOTE]
Both games made me wish I could pilot Jehuty in real life. :cry:

[quote name='sadboy']Both games made me wish I could pilot Jehuty in real life. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I think "she" is taller/larger then she needs to be. After all the pilot seat is about 5 floors up off the ground right? Then another 5 to the frame's head. That said, controlling it did seam pretty smooth. Also it link's to the pilot's thoughts or something like that right otherwise it would have more controls like steel battalion did.

[quote name='Fire2box']I think "she" is taller/larger then she needs to be. After all the pilot seat is about 5 floors up off the ground right? Then another 5 to the frame's head. That said, controlling it did seam pretty smooth. Also it link's to the pilot's thoughts or something like that right otherwise it would have more controls like steel battalion did.[/QUOTE]
Metatron...it's got what runners crave.:lol:

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I still own the ZOE1 and 2 for PS2, and I thought ZOE1 was as mediocre as they come, but ZOE2 was very good. That said, I have no interest in replaying them and the artbook doesn't really interest me for this particular game. I'll pass on this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Hopefully amazon doesn't forget about my since announcement preorder like they did with virtues last reward. Or I might have to get free 1 day shipping again. ;)

I cancelled my pre-order. Just don't have the money right now and the game never really interested me in the first place. If anything I'll get the regular edition if it ever reaches 15-20 bucks.

[quote name='pyschonerd']Never ever pre ordered a game, don't see the point. If i want it i'll get it when it's out.[/QUOTE]

You never have wanted a collectors edition then. This is definitely going to be one of the more rare ones. Take a look at borderlands 2 ulce or any of the hardened editions of cod. Hard to get launch day and after. (New anyway)

Unless you like paying out the ass for it, and then which case you are on the wrong website. :p

[quote name='yokofox33']I cancelled my pre-order. Just don't have the money right now and the game never really interested me in the first place. If anything I'll get the regular edition if it ever reaches 15-20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I freed up my Amazon :ps3: pre-order as well. Howerver, my :360: order through Gamestop is unable to be cancelled "because it has been packaged for shipment."

for those of you who are changing your pre orders to Gamestop, the poster is just one double sided poster, not two separate ones. with that said when I went to grab a ME 3 CE, I asked about it and the manager who was there offered to just give it to me, nicest GS employee I've ever had to help me.

the poster itself is pretty nice, but idk if I would switch my preorder just for it imo

[quote name='Bosamba']Yeah, I freed up my Amazon :ps3: pre-order as well. Howerver, my :360: order through Gamestop is unable to be cancelled "because it has been packaged for shipment."[/QUOTE]

I'm canceling mine as well. I own both on the PS2 and since it looks like it's not selling out, I don't see a point in buying it ASAP. I'd love to have the LE sometime down the line for ~$40 but if not, not a big deal. I just can't justify it now.

Oh yay! I can buy the demo of Metal Gear Solid Rising for only $60, and I guess it comes with some other game too that's label is hidden behind the MGSR banner. :p

Why did I have to see this thread? Ignorance is bliss and could've saved me $60. Oh well, in for the artbook. A must have for me. Thanks, OP^^

[quote name='Fabrizo']Oh yay! I can buy the demo of Metal Gear Solid Rising for only $60, and I guess it comes with some other game too that's label is hidden behind the MGSR banner. :p[/QUOTE]

You can buy the non LE of ZoE if you only want the demo

Cancelled my Amazon order too in favor of Gamestop... but that's because I'm broke and I have a gift card with ~$160 on it I've had for over a year and I'm not not getting this.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']over at Neogaf people are saying the collection runs at 30 frames, that just put me off ;([/QUOTE]

Do you think it will make much of a difference? I know that some people are taking the HD thing very seriously but I doubt there's really all too much they can do about a game that was originally for the ps2. Does anybody know of any games that have been ported over to XBOX or PS3 that had higher frame rates?

Personally, I'm just glad that I can get both games in one package. I have ZOE1 but gave ZOE2 to a friend and never got it back (typical stupid teen decisions). Both came out when buying things online was a pretty new concept to me so having them both was lucky. Had quite a bit of fun playing both of them straight through.

[quote name='cirqueducloud']Do you think it will make much of a difference? I know that some people are taking the HD thing very seriously but I doubt there's really all too much they can do about a game that was originally for the ps2. Does anybody know of any games that have been ported over to XBOX or PS3 that had higher frame rates?

Personally, I'm just glad that I can get both games in one package. I have ZOE1 but gave ZOE2 to a friend and never got it back (typical stupid teen decisions). Both came out when buying things online was a pretty new concept to me so having them both was lucky. Had quite a bit of fun playing both of them straight through.[/QUOTE]

they did a great job with the MGS HD though.
some say that the fps drop is worse than the PS2 edition

[quote name='wilflare']they did a great job with the MGS HD though.
some say that the fps drop is worse than the PS2 edition[/QUOTE]

the people who did MGS HD did not work on this game

[quote name='wilflare']they did a great job with the MGS HD though.
some say that the fps drop is worse than the PS2 edition[/QUOTE]

Its quite different though, as MGS2 was always 60fps, and MGS3 was damn close. Were either ZOE even near 60fps? It's been a long time but I don't recall it being quite that fluid, especially in big fights.

And like somebody above said, Bluepoint are the fucking masters of HD remasters at this point. They really are just amazing at what they do, probably because people don't attempt to pay them peanuts to convert a multi million dollar franchises best games.

Yes, i'm bitter about Silent Hill.

The only comparisons I've actually seen between the PS2 and PS3 version is a slightly sped up combat scene from the PS2 version coupled with people saying the PS3 version runs "so laggy" in comparison. Other than that I've only seen posts from people who haven't played the game claiming it runs poorly and their pre-order is cancelled, they'll just pirate this collection, etc.

NeoGAF is filled with pompous asses. As soon as a game drops to 59 FPS they flip their shit and go on game company hating tirades. I say play it for yourself and make a decision. Like I said the only footage I've seen is altered footage that people claim is legit. I'd take what you see with a grain of salt.

If you are truly unhappy with your purchase then return the game. If you are a fan you shouldn't be disappointed though. The games only look better and better. So what if a few combat scenes slow down a little during combat? Fun fact: They did in the PS2 version as well.

[quote name='henry00x']how can they make the ps3 version worse when the series was a ps2 exclusive smh[/QUOTE]

Reading up on it, it seems that, technically, the 360 is better able to handle ZOE2's game engine than the PS3 is. Something about it having a higher fill rate and the PS2's fill rate capacity being abnormally large for last gen. Don't really understand it, but short hand: the PS3 hardware is too different, and Konami didn't want to give High Voltage the budget it would take to actually compensate for it.

edit: Still going to buy the LE for the artbook though. Will see if I can change to a 360 copy when I pick it up from Gamestop. If not, it's not a huge deal to me, as I don't seem to be as sensitive to frame rate differences as some people are.

[quote name='AFC']Reading up on it, it seems that, technically, the 360 is better able to handle ZOE2's game engine than the PS3 is. Something about it having a higher fill rate and the PS2's fill rate capacity being abnormally large for last gen. Don't really understand it, but short hand: the PS3 hardware is too different, and Konami didn't want to give High Voltage the budget it would take to actually compensate for it.

edit: Still going to buy the LE for the artbook though. Will see if I can change to a 360 copy when I pick it up from Gamestop. If not, it's not a huge deal to me, as I don't seem to be as sensitive to frame rate differences as some people are.[/QUOTE]

thats a shame, i dont think it would feel right playing this game on xbox, i think im going to stick to the ps3 version regardless of the frame-rate difference

[quote name='DarkSageRK']In case you were still on the fence, the PS3 version is clearly the worst.[/QUOTE]

doesn't matter if the 360 version averages 10 more frames, the framerate still jumping all over the place, you're going to end up with a choppy experience no matter which version you buy, they should've just locked this at 30 fps

I'll say this again, that footage is edited. The PS2 footage is slightly sped up to make the PS3 footage look bad. The PS2 version suffered the same problems.

Watching one play through of one scene makes for bad results. Play through the scene multiple times to get true results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I am getting screwed. I have been trying all weekend to order the limited edition from gamestop.com damn do I hate gamestop but I keep getting a billing error on 2 cards??? What could be the problem? I noticed too the billing info part doesn't have a spot for middle initial just first and last name am I suppose to put my middle initial on the first name line? Anyone have any word on this?

I even went to two gamestops today and god I hate gamestop but I really want this and both instances they didn't know what the hell I was talking about Dx I love this game but I am not gonna be gouged an extra 30-bucks with the gougers on amazon and ebay.

cancelling my preorder, lol... it's still in stock at amazon even though it comes out in a couple days... i think these will drop in price down the line, even if I have to get it used

[quote name='MAC METAL FACE']Man I am getting screwed. I have been trying all weekend to order the limited edition from gamestop.com damn do I hate gamestop but I keep getting a billing error on 2 cards??? What could be the problem? I noticed too the billing info part doesn't have a spot for middle initial just first and last name am I suppose to put my middle initial on the first name line? Anyone have any word on this?

I even went to two gamestops today and god I hate gamestop but I really want this and both instances they didn't know what the hell I was talking about Dx I love this game but I am not gonna be gouged an extra 30-bucks with the gougers on amazon and ebay.[/QUOTE]

you're blacklisted. If you ever want to order from Gamestop again you'll need to do it on a different card and using a new e-mail address; none of the billing or shipping information can be the same as before either.

[quote name='dallow']We're talking about PS3 vs 360 now Captain Urahara.[/QUOTE]

My mistake. I saw a video and assumed it was the PS2/PS3 comparison.

That being said, you know things are never consistent when it comes to things like this. With repeated plays of this battle it's highly likely the PS3 version will have times where it improves and the 360 version chugs. Especially when there is so much game to play through.

Showing one play through of one scene makes for bad results. Any good tester can tell you that.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']My mistake. I saw a video and assumed it was the PS2/PS3 comparison.

That being said, you know things are never consistent when it comes to things like this. With repeated plays of this battle it's highly likely the PS3 version will have times where it improves and the 360 version chugs. Especially when there is so much game to play through.

Showing one play through of one scene makes for bad results. Any good tester can tell you that.[/QUOTE]

They also did a cutscene comparison and screenshot comparisons.

http://ps360.ldblog.jp/archives/53821248.html

GAF has speculation as to why this is, but if you don't trust them, not much I can say to make you believe it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497415

bread's done
Back