Playstation 3 ($59.99)

Xbox 360 ($59.99)

ZOE_PS3_beauty_shot_55704_screen.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:

- 100 Page Artbook
- Remixed Soundtrack
- Special Gold Metallic Packaging

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jltaser']I opened my LE copy yesterday and found the bonus materials to be barely adequate.

A softcover 100 page artbook (with thin pages) and 8 track remix soundtrack didn't felt like $20 worth of goods. It was only when I added the gamestop poster that I felt like I got my money's worth, if at all. I personally would've been happier to pay more $$ for a better quality artbook and a best hits OST with a jewel case instead of a cardboard sleeve.

For those of you who were on the fence, I can assure you that you didn't miss much. This thing is definitely not worth anything north of $60, buy the $40 game with pride. ZoE2 is a must-play.[/QUOTE]

Haha, what the? A 100 page artbook and a remix CD isn't worth the money but the poster is? Who cares about a poster?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, what the? A 100 page artbook and a remix CD isn't worth the money but the poster is? Who cares about a poster?[/QUOTE]

I meant the poster's added value to the package made it $20. the artbook + CD's like $15 to me, poster I would value at $5 so to say.

when i went to pick mine up at gamestop today they told me i'm not supposed to get a poster...? anything i can say to them to convince them or did they screw me out of a poster?

[quote name='jrr6415sun']when i went to pick mine up at gamestop today they told me i'm not supposed to get a poster...? anything i can say to them to convince them or did they screw me out of a poster?[/QUOTE]

Most stores didn't get the posters unfortunately :cry:
Was really excited to get one but the guy told me they didn't get them so I was kinda pissed/ sad at the same time, I love getting posters.

Amazon finally delivered mine today, damn hurricane. They're in surprisingly good shape considering there was no packing material whatsoever in the box.

I went by my local GS last night to ask about the posters and the manager there said he got them, but he didn't know what happened to them. He's usually pretty good about hooking me up with pre-order bonuses if he's got some extras laying around, so I'll probably end up there again over the weekend to check.

[quote name='FatherChesz']Amazon finally delivered mine today, damn hurricane. They're in surprisingly good shape considering there was no packing material whatsoever in the box.

I went by my local GS last night to ask about the posters and the manager there said he got them, but he didn't know what happened to them. He's usually pretty good about hooking me up with pre-order bonuses if he's got some extras laying around, so I'll probably end up there again over the weekend to check.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he thought "Maybe if I give this guy some free shit some times, maybe he'll start pre-ordering here?" :lol:

Surprised my GS had a poster. When the guy reached in the cabinet to get my pre-orderds (this and Ragnarok Merc. Edition) there was only 1 of each, but a bunch of AssCreed and NFS pre-orders. New guy there didn't know if there were posters, but the regular guy there knew they were in the back. Thank glob he was there. I usually try to place my pre-orders with him if I can.

[quote name='jltaser']I opened my LE copy yesterday and found the bonus materials to be barely adequate.

A softcover 100 page artbook (with thin pages) and 8 track remix soundtrack didn't felt like $20 worth of goods. It was only when I added the gamestop poster that I felt like I got my money's worth, if at all. I personally would've been happier to pay more $$ for a better quality artbook and a best hits OST with a jewel case instead of a cardboard sleeve.

For those of you who were on the fence, I can assure you that you didn't miss much. This thing is definitely not worth anything north of $60, buy the $40 game with pride. ZoE2 is a must-play.[/QUOTE]So the specialized box art and demo for Metal Gear Rising have absolutely no value to you? IMO $60 is the absolute perfect price point for this LE.

[quote name='PimpLimp']So the specialized box art and demo for Metal Gear Rising have absolutely no value to you? IMO $60 is the absolute perfect price point for this LE.[/QUOTE]

Specialized box art is kinda a given on CEs and demos have always been free.

Didn't even have to ask for the poster when I got mine on Tuesday. Oddly they didn't have it at midnight launch of ACIII. Anyways my manager never misses this kind of stuff and I love my store. I might see if he will give me one more poster so I don't have to choose which side to display. :D

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, what the? A 100 page artbook and a remix CD isn't worth the money but the poster is? Who cares about a poster?[/QUOTE]

As a poster collector I rate it equal to or past the soundtrack.

Not money wise but collectible. My room is filled with video game posters. Every soundtrack I've ever got just sits on a shelf in storage.

My preference would be to get this poster and wait for the vanilla version to go under $20. Sadly though I doubt many will be able to get a poster unless they get the game from gamestop. Which to me the vanilla version isn't worth MSRP when in a few months it will be half that.

All in all though this LE is fair for its price.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Specialized box art is kinda a given on CEs and demos have always been free.[/QUOTE]Okay, and just because something may be a given does that mean it therefore has no value? Cause that was the whole point I was making. The box art looks gorgeous. I can assure you people want it, and bought it for that reason alone. It therefore adds some, albeit small, monetary value to it. And demos have NOT always been free. These days especially, there are plenty of instances where you get an early access or exclusive demo to a game by purchasing a new retail title. They literally did the same exact thing when they put the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo on the original ZOE. And people specifically bought ZOE back in the day for the MGS2 demo. The codes for these demos are sold/traded all the time. It has SOME value.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't understand people who spend $40-60 to play a demo.[/QUOTE]
You weren't around when the original ZOE came out, were you?:lol:

Which is funny because GS and EB were doing no questions asked returns back then too!;)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't understand people who spend $40-60 to play a demo.[/QUOTE]

Playing the Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo was worth every penny. It had to be the most played (in terms of re-playability) and endearing demo at the time.

[quote name='dohdough']You weren't around when the original ZOE came out, were you?:lol:

Which is funny because GS and EB were doing no questions asked returns back then too!;)[/QUOTE]

I was just going to say theres a reason why Konami doesn't put the demo on PSN.

Not to mention these games, especially the 2nd, are classics!

I completely forgot these came with a demo for a game I don't care about in the slightest. Too bad it's not a separate disc or code I could sell off. I bought ZoE for ZoE then and I'm buying ZoE for ZoE now.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I completely forgot these came with a demo for a game I don't care about in the slightest. Too bad it's not a separate disc or code I could sell off. I bought ZoE for ZoE then and I'm buying ZoE for ZoE now.[/QUOTE]

Same here i didnt know what the fuss was about MGS back then. I got the ps1 late in the console cycle so never played MGS1. I got ZOE for ZOE and played the MGS demo 2 weeks after i had beaten the game, then i was hooked on MGS

[quote name='sp1cychick3n']Can anyone tell me how the artbook is (quality, content)? Worth the $60 (I already have both games on PS2)?[/QUOTE]

My sister is an artist and she was slightly disappointed by the art in this one.
(Artwise, she was impressed with the Diablo 3 artbook, final fantasy 13 strategy guide, Xenosaga series strategy guide, among a few others.)

Being no artist, all I saw was an artbook with thin paper stock and a cheap paper cover.

In short, no.
Yes if you're a collector, but we all know that's a given if you're a collector.

[quote name='sp1cychick3n']Can anyone tell me how the artbook is (quality, content)? Worth the $60 (I already have both games on PS2)?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty solid. Lot of concept art, which is what I'd hoped. I was worried it would be primarily promo art.

Depends on how into Shinkawa/ZoE's art you are, really. I spent a long time trying to track down the artbook for The Second Runner to no avail (ended up with a PDF,) so this was a nice consolation prize for me. Covers are foiled, so it's gonna keep fingerprints like it's paid to do so. Softcover as well, if that's a factor for you. Aside from that, I was quite pleased with it.

Soundtrack on the other hand left a little to be desired. I already have the OSTs for both games, but I was certainly hoping for more than eight tracks.

End of the day, I just collect most things ZoE. This purchase was largely for the art/display box in my case.

I also have to respectfully disagree with the above poster's sister, but that's just a matter of personal taste :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrr6415sun']when i went to pick mine up at gamestop today they told me i'm not supposed to get a poster...? anything i can say to them to convince them or did they screw me out of a poster?[/QUOTE]
There were only two posters in one store out of three that I called. I picked one up after showing the shipping confirmation from my pre-order.

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that bought the PS3 version and actually played it, is it as bad as NeoGAF makes it sound like?[/QUOTE]

I've never played the originals but from playing the first one I think it looks really nice. The cut scenes don't look like they changed them but don't quote me on that. Overall it looks nice sometimes I forget I'm playing a ps2 game.

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that bought the PS3 version and actually played it, is it as bad as NeoGAF makes it sound like?[/QUOTE]

I finished ZoE1 last night. Played just fine. Slowdown in a few instances, mainly when buildings blew up, but the original did the same thing. Thinking it's a design decision, not an engine problem.

Of course, ZoE2'll be the one to really tax the engine.

[quote name='Logain8955']I finished ZoE1 last night. Played just fine. Slowdown in a few instances, mainly when buildings blew up, but the original did the same thing. Thinking it's a design decision, not an engine problem.

Of course, ZoE2'll be the one to really tax the engine.[/QUOTE]Those people on NeoGAF seem to think this is the worst thing ever and that the 360 version is the better one to go with.

Not that I ever trust NeoGAF with much, though since it has so many collective panties in a bunch, there must be something to it.

[quote name='Xiemos']Playing the Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo was worth every penny. It had to be the most played (in terms of re-playability) and endearing demo at the time.[/QUOTE]

Obviously someone doesn't remember the Pizza Hut discs or the THPS demo.

[quote name='diazt350']I've never played the originals but from playing the first one I think it looks really nice. The cut scenes don't look like they changed them but don't quote me on that. Overall it looks nice sometimes I forget I'm playing a ps2 game.[/QUOTE]
A ZoE3 would make you remember. I can only imagine what that would be like. (plays a saddened rendition of Beyond the Bounds on the piano)

[quote name='Byakurai']Obviously someone doesn't remember the Pizza Hut discs or the THPS demo.[/QUOTE]

THPS demo. We must have played that more than anything when it came out. Honorable mentions suqresoft collector's disc and battlefront demo.

I got Ninja Gaiden 3 CE just because it came with the DOA5 demo (all 4 characters) and I am a huge DOA fan. In retrospect it probably wasn't that smart since I knew back then I would end up buying DOA5 when it came out but meh.

Don't get me wrong, I like the NG series as well but 3 definitely got some flak.

Still haven't opened my ZoE CE yet. My backlog of games is way too large at the moment.

[quote name='shrike4242']Those people on NeoGAF seem to think this is the worst thing ever and that the 360 version is the better one to go with.

Not that I ever trust NeoGAF with much, though since it has so many collective panties in a bunch, there must be something to it.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to compare unless you have both versions. My PS3 copy runs fine, doesn't seem any worse than the PS2 ran.

But it's been 10 years since I played the first ZoE, so I dunno.

I'm still waiting for my copy from GS. Shipped from KY and delivery to MA, so it's probably delayed from the storm. Too bad because I've been wanting to play the demo...haha.

[quote name='shrike4242']Those people on NeoGAF seem to think this is the worst thing ever and that the 360 version is the better one to go with.

Not that I ever trust NeoGAF with much, though since it has so many collective panties in a bunch, there must be something to it.[/QUOTE]

NeoGAF is for more subtle trolling "Wow those frame rate drops are terrible, might as well stick with the 360 version or Ps2 version".

GameFAQs is for full on trolling "Man, that is terrible. Guess I'll pick up superior 360 version. Or ps2 version in this case. Konami must hate its fans. *cancels preorder* Can't believe people buy rehashes. gets as low as 15 FPS."

With GAF they have to more subtle since they have that shitty verification process that can take weeks or months and needs a "valid" email.

Well I stopped by my local GS today to see if I could pick up the poster and the guy there adamantly told me not that they didn't get them, but that they didn't exist. I told him they did in fact exist and that GS had them on their website. He replied that it was probably for online orders only, I didn't wanna argue about fine print and so I just left.

Here is an analysis of the PS2 version of ZOE 2:

http://ps360.ldblog.jp/archives/53823421.html

PS2 Avg:56.269fps Min-Max:41.0-60.0fps Tear:26.318%(26.318%)
360 Avg:39.983fps Min-Max:23.0-60.0fps Tear: 0.000%( 0.000%)
PS3 Avg:32.218fps Min-Max:20.0-60.0fps Tear: 0.000%( 0.000%)

Huge difference to really justify buying it if you already have a copy on PS2. But that's just my opinion.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']"Facts are trolling."

-Sony Defense Force, CAG Squad.[/QUOTE]

"CAG has a sony bias..." said no one ever

[quote name='sp1cychick3n']Here is an analysis of the PS2 version of ZOE 2:

Huge difference to really justify buying it if you already have a copy on PS2. But that's just my opinion.
[/QUOTE]

I play my ps2 copy a lot so I will get back to everyone on the ps3 version of zoe2.

[quote name='sp1cychick3n']Here is an analysis of the PS2 version of ZOE 2:

[/QUOTE]

I am very sad to see this. I'm a huge ZoE fan (anime too) and own/beat both on PS2.

I passed on the CE for the simple fact that it cost too much, even if I try to justify $30 for 2 games, the extras are then still $30. I usually wait for HD collections to hit $15 being a CAG, but now I might wait for $10 range like Silent Hill HD Collection, and then just to add it to my collection. Still have a working PS2 Slim.

Basically the CAG in me just has a hard time double purchasing stuff I already own, this is just my lame excuse.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I am very sad to see this. I'm a huge ZoE fan (anime too) and own/beat both on PS2.

I passed on the CE for the simple fact that it cost too much, even if I try to justify $30 for 2 games, the extras are then still $30. I usually wait for HD collections to hit $15 being a CAG, but now I might wait for $10 range like Silent Hill HD Collection, and then just to add it to my collection. Still have a working PS2 Slim.

Basically the CAG in me just has a hard time double purchasing stuff I already own, this is just my lame excuse.[/QUOTE]
To each their own. I probably won't buy the Silent Hill HD Collection, because those games scare the bejesus out of me. It'd be different if I could CQC and interrogate those suckas (a la Solid Snake), or slay everything a la Gabriel Belmont or Leon Kennedy-ize those mofos. But most of the time, I'm busy being like, "Yo, dat shit is fucked up!" Just kidding.

I dunno, man. There's just something about buying these LEs so you don't have to not buy them. Y'know?

[quote name='aznkids2005']Anybody ordered from amazon and still hasn't shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

Me.

Preordered a month ago; changed my order on the 27th of October (cancelled another item in that particular order) and must have gotten pushed to the back of the line because mine isn't expected to arrive until some time in December.... awesome.

Yeah I bought this because I didn't own the PS2 games. If you already have those I don't think it's worth getting, since the PS2 ones are clearly better, lol.

Real nice art book, though.

bread's done
Back