Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner

strife

CAGiversary!
This game just doesn't get the respect it deserves. It is easily the best action game I have played since Devil May Cry.

Graphics: 9

The graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The effects are excellent and on par with even some of the better looking XBox games. It is perhaps the best looking game on Playstation 2. The anime cutscenes are also well done and interesting. They carry the story quite well and are wonderful to watch. So, why a 9 and not a 10? There is one problem - slowdown. The game slows to a crawl at times with intense action and explosions covering the screen(and these times are frequent). It rarely effects gameplay, but can be quite annoying.

Gameplay: 10

The game engine is simply marvelous. The controls are easy to pick up and once mastered give complete control of your mech in the full 3D environment. You'll be moving your mech in any direction with ease. Your mech also comes with many powerful weapons, all of which you will need as the enemies are numerous and have no problem with gang-banging you. I've never had more fun than using my grab technique to take hold of an enemy machine then swing him around destroying all his friends surrounding me before tossing him into a mountain, grinning as the wonderful particle effects explode before my eyes...mmmm! I could go on and on about how much fun this game is too play, but you really need to experience it for yourself.

Audio: 9

The music and sound effects are well done. The only real problem with the audio is the occasional bad voice acting.

Replay Value: 8

The game will only last 4-6 hours your first time through. It has different difficulty settings and enough incentive to play through the game many times, but once you get the gameplay mechanics down you'll be able to breeze through in under 2 hours. There are several different costumes and versions of Jehuty to unlock by playing through the story modes. There is also a versus mode, but it is not extremely deep .

Overall: 9(not an average)

Even though the game isn't very long I still feel it is well worth $50(quality > quantity), but if you happen to find a good deal DO NOT HESITATE TO GET THIS GAME! You will especially enjoy it if you are into badass mech anime! :D

Yes, I got this game too. I love it. Its sales should be up there with FFX and GTA. Its unbelievable. Wish it would sell alot more to garentee a sequal.

wow now that i know its good i think ill get it since im goin to the store in like 10 minutes i cant wait

I agree this game is a sleeper superstar.
9.0 I agree and 8.0 for the first version ZOE1. :lol:

Sweetest mech game I've ever played probabily one of the top 10 games of 2003 overall. ZOE3 needs to be 20 hrs min, only complaint are these games are over too quick.

!

this game rocked! me and my friend finished it in one night (about 15 hours), yea the games just that good (and v didnt have a memo card so there was also the fear of starting over again), but this is one amazing game. definetly one i thought would make game of the year nominations at least.

[quote name='Jooki']wow now that i know its good i think ill get it since im goin to the store in like 10 minutes i cant wait[/quote]

You better OR ELSE!!!

I love ZOE2. I got 1 and 2 the day they came out. I love it.

ZOE 1 & 2 both were fun but flawed. The main Problems for 2nd runner was a poor camera and very repetetive gameplay. What little diversity they threw in usually led to frustration (looking for the old mans base). Even with those flaws its still a fun game and anyone who has an interest in this one should go out an buy right now.

To me ZOE2 deserves a solid 8/10 while part one gets a lower 7/10

I didn't get to play that much, but I'd have to say I walked away genuinely impressed with the graphics. Even in the first level before you get to do anything, the snow affects were superb and everything was clear, almost entirely jag free, and just pleasing to the eye overall. Strife is right on this one, the graphics are good regardless of system, but even more impressive seeing how its PS2. I am usually disappointed with the graphics of PS2 games, but this one is a winner in that department.

I only played a couple levels, but the tutorial level gives the impression that you have many offensive and defensive capabilities. Hopefully the game throws more variety at you to keep the gameplay fresh. I believe someone here said the gameplay was repetitive though, so I'm not sure. In either case, its worth trying at the very least.

I got both games when they came out ZOE1 and ZOE2 my opinion when I got them is the same as it is now, great story and characters but the gameplay can be repetitive, has a very high replay value too. Also it does great justice to the anime since the anime is only decent.
Both games get an 8/10 with respect to when ZOE1 came out and ZOE2 came out.

bread's done
Back