Zune 120GB replacement battery help

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
So I'm in the market for a new battery for my Zune. I use it constantly at work and now it does not last my full shift. I fully charge it and once I turn it on to play it loses 25% battery. I see there are replacement ones on Amazon like this one

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-B...1349840512&sr=8-1&keywords=zune+120gb+battery

Has anyone every bought this one or bought any other replacements? If so, was it hard to switch out? (I've never soldered in my life) And how good is the battery on the new one?

I too am a Zune user, got a Zune HD (64 GB). Love it! I was sooo sad when Microsoft just outright gave up on it. Having said that, unfortunately you are now dealing with a dying breed that is getting rarer as time goes on. I'd say buy the battery now at a low price before items for Zune get too far and inbetween.

Hope for the best.

I want to buy it but just not sure how many hours that battery holds and how easy it is to install. I love my zune and want to keep for as long as possible cause I can not stand ipods

I have a Zune 120 and about 2 months ago the hard drive went. I did a lot of research about Zune repairs and ended up ordering a drive from the site below and replacing it myself without too much trouble. They have a video tutorial for doing it on the front page.

http://www.gadgetmenders.com/Replacement_Parts_For_Zune_120gb_list.html

Now from what I understand, replacing the battery is considerably trickier. I don't see a video tutorial on their site for doing that, but maybe you can find another one on Youtube or something. The hard drive tutorial would at least be useful for showing you how to open the thing and what to be careful of.

This site does offer mail-in repair service. I can't vouch for that service, but I can tell you they were fine otherwise, and their parts and repair service are cheaper than any other legitimate-looking site I looked into. The opening tool kit they sell is also pretty handy to have around. But there are plenty of other Ipod/Zune parts and repair sites you can research.

As for your Amazon link, I would be wary of buying a cheap, generic looking thing like that, but that's up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the reviews mentioned a youtube video that show you how to do it.

If you do not want to solder the battery in yourself ask around and find a coworker or a friend that will do it for you. I have no problem helping folks where I work repair laptops/iphones/etc... it puts a bit of excitement into my otherwise boring afternoon.

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']So I'm in the market for a new battery for my Zune. I use it constantly at work and now it does not last my full shift. I fully charge it and once I turn it on to play it loses 25% battery. I see there are replacement ones on Amazon like this one

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-B...1349840512&sr=8-1&keywords=zune+120gb+battery

Has anyone every bought this one or bought any other replacements? If so, was it hard to switch out? (I've never soldered in my life) And how good is the battery on the new one?[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back