Zune Drops to $199 - White Zune $169.99 Shipped @ Amazon.com

damn don't know what to do. My car was stolen last week. I got the car back but lost my 30gig ipod. I've always wanted to love the zune but there's somethings that put me off. First the size and second the work around to subscribe to podcasts. I loved my ipod and was going to buy another but a 30 gig mp3 for only 170 is a good price. And I just love the screen size. damn i'm torn.

You could always wait to see what the Zune 2 has instore for us:
Firstzune2shots.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/first-zune-2-and-zune-flash-shots-295284.php

The smaller ones are supposed to be 4GB and 8GB flash models.

I would be all over that white one had Microsoft decided to do ANYTHING with the Zune Marketplace. I loved the Zune hardware when I had one, but the software was dogshit. They need a video marketplace, updated video formats, podcasts, games, and software that doesn't destroy my comp.

Makes my $155 shipped Woot deal seem much much less hot :(

I might buy an 80gb when those are out, since you can use 10% off coupons for Zunes, unlike iPods.

Pretty happy with my 30gb white Zune though...battery sucks, but I just charge it every night. I was pissed when I deleted all the .mp3s off my computer and the Zune ran a sync and I lost everything >_

[quote name='Sirusjr']Damnit I just bought a zune like a month ago for full price at best buy.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure they usually offer some type of price guarantee. If it was less than a month ago I'd definitely try to get at least a $50 gift card :)

A few months ago I pricematched mine for $190 at Best Buy, an additional 12% off coupon took it down to $167. I got the two year replacement warranty as well(so when the Zune 2 comes out i can say that mine broke and get a gift card for the value to use towards the new one).

I wouldnt be suprised if either this Sunday or next Sunday, we see B&M deals around $170.

[quote name='freshzen']Pretty sure they usually offer some type of price guarantee. If it was less than a month ago I'd definitely try to get at least a $50 gift card :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah I thought as much after i got over the initial shock of the price drop and was able to get 53.88 back for the difference because its within 30 days of my purchase.

just got a zune 2 weeks ago on Amazon for $194 shipped. After being an Ipod user for the past 4 years I must say the Zune is much better than the ipod. The last 2 ipod video's that I have owned both went bad with the same problem(audio). So after having 2 faulty ipods in a row I made the switch. I have zero regrets. Long live the Zune!!

I also grabbed the $150 white Zune in the woot.com deal a couple weeks ago, and I love it. I don't have any issues with the software (of course, I don't buy mp3s online either). Great interface, crystal-clear FM tuner and excellent screen.

bread's done
Back