Zune Halo 3 Edition 30G Anyone getting one?

is it worth it as an over zealous fanboy, possibly. as a collectible, doubtful.

edit, heres a pic.

halodevice_292x269.jpg

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Has a cool look to it, how much is it going to be? Any higher than a normal 30GB Zune?[/QUOTE]

Same price, $250. Rumor has it a new Zune will be announced June 1st as well.

[quote name='yukafls']I am thinking about getting one, but I am more of an ipod fan.[/quote]

Does the Zune have some software you have to use to load it with media like iPods uses iTunes?

I'd prefer a player that you can just plug in, drag and drop, and pull out. I hate having to mess with a middle man.

You have to use the Zune software. Also this will only be sold at gamestop/ebgames so there won't be any discounts or coupons available to use like at CC or BB.

[quote name='Thongsy']You have to use the Zune software. Also this will only be sold at gamestop/ebgames so there won't be any discounts or coupons available to use like at CC or BB.[/quote]
Oh...then nevermind.

I'll just keep using my PSP then.

Thnx for the info.

Ummmm... Isn't this still a Zune? It's heavy and big like a brick. As a collectible, it looks nice. As a music player, I would wait for the next gen.

You can drag and drop stuff to it, but I think you can only use wma, wmv, jpeg, and mp3 formats. Plus, I don't think it works with Playsforsure copy protection. I really like the screen on this system, but I think the Creative Vision M is one of the better ones to go with. It can play everything I've put in it without any conversion tools.

Besides a cool pain job, what else does this come with? I'm really looking forward to the next gen Zune. The rumors are saying it will have a bigger screen and have atleast an 80g model. It's supposed to come out Q4 I think. I would definitely wait on buying one right now. If the new V2 comes out, this one will probably drop in price a bit.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']I'm really looking forward to the next gen Zune. The rumors are saying it will have a bigger screen and have atleast an 80g model. It's supposed to come out Q4 I think.[/quote]
If they can make it thin like this old prototype, I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat.

zune-wifi.jpg

[quote name='Phantom1219']You can drag and drop stuff to it, but I think you can only use wma, wmv, jpeg, and mp3 formats. Plus, I don't think it works with Playsforsure copy protection. I really like the screen on this system, but I think the Creative Vision M is one of the better ones to go with. It can play everything I've put in it without any conversion tools.[/quote]

No it doesn't work with PlayforSure, and I don't know where you got the drag n' drop info, but it sure as hell doesn't show up as another HDD on my computer.

I actually like the Zune over the Ipod, it's slightly bigger than the ipod but that's about it. It's not really all that big or heavy.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']Besides a cool pain job, what else does this come with? I'm really looking forward to the next gen Zune. The rumors are saying it will have a bigger screen and have atleast an 80g model. It's supposed to come out Q4 I think. I would definitely wait on buying one right now. If the new V2 comes out, this one will probably drop in price a bit.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/zune/zune.asp

guess the link doesn't take you to the page, so here's all the bonus features:

The Zune™ - Halo® 3 Edition comes preloaded with a collection of music, videos and artwork, including:
Videos:
• Halo 3 “Starry Night” advertisement
• Halo 3 E3 2006 announcement trailer
• Halo 2 theatrical teaser trailer
• Three Halo 3 “making of” documentary videos
• A custom episode of Red vs. Blue – just for Zune!
• The first six episodes of Red vs. Blue Season 1

Music:
• Halo Original Soundtrack – Complete Album
• Halo 2 Original Soundtrack, Volume 1 – All tracks by Marty O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori
• Halo 2 Original Soundtrack, Volume 2 – Complete Album
Artwork:
• Over 120 different images, including game concept art, storyboards, paintings, and conceptual marketing imagery

[quote name='mr ryles']guess the link doesn't take you to the page, so here's all the bonus features:[/QUOTE]

those halo soundtracks are the selling point to me.

When they make the Zune model that lets me play XBL Arcade games on the go and earn Nerd Point, then I'll bite. Until then, I'll stick with my Sansa.

[quote name='cag1000']How limited will this sucker be?[/QUOTE]

It'll be limited to as many as they can sell, just like any other "Limited Edition" product that comes out.

bread's done
Back