GBA Micro Leather Sleeves- 0.70cents @ TRU

xx2541

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Official Nintendo Gameboy Micro Leather CASE (leather case with the fold over top strap- not just a sleeve and not play-thru) are being blown out @ TRU for 70 cents each.

GBA Micro neoprene sleeve with cutouts and key clip are 60 cents each.

GBA Micro sox 3 pack are 70 cents each.

This is in the Norwalk, CT TRU, but I assume it's across the board.

Enjoy! :)

I bought one of the Micro cases when it was marked at $10 but rang up at $5.

70 cents is ... a little bit better of a bargain. ;) Looks like I'm going to swing by!

we have a ton of these at my TRU, if anyone needs some picked up (only if they can't find one themselves, since it is not really worth the hassle if possible for shipping), i can pick some up.

[quote name='xx2541']Gameboy Micro Leather sleeves are being blown out @ TRU for 0.70 cents each.

GBA Micro neoprene sleeve with cutouts and key clip are 0.60 cents each.

GBA Micro sox 3 pack are 0.70 cents each.

This is in the Norwalk, CT TRU, but I assume it's across the board.

Enjoy! :)[/quote]

Buy the official leather case w/ the fold-over strap for the Micro from the Westport TRU, it's only $5 ;)

[quote name='Rasen']Are the leather sleaves play-through, or are they more of carrying cases?[/quote]

The leather sleeves are play-through, the leather cases are carrying cases, and you can't play through those. My vote is for the leather carrying cases, very stylish and made very well.

[quote name='waxHead']The leather sleeves are play-through, the leather cases are carrying cases, and you can't play through those. My vote is for the leather carrying cases, very stylish and made very well.[/quote]
I concur. I picked up two for my two Micros, from Amazon for $5.29. Well worth it at that price, and certainly worth it at $0.99.

[quote name='cranguy']Try telling Verizon that.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought about this exact thing in this thread.

Anyway, thanks OP. I picked up a few of each thing, some for me and some for my gf. I'm a sucker for cheap accessories. :)

Well, the Times Square TRU in NYC is fresh out of leather cases, but they have the neoprene cut-out cases and those lame socks. The neoprene one I bought for $5 earlier, and it's pretty lame -- it's the "play-through" kind, but the cutouts for the buttons aren't big enough, so it's rather difficult to play without just taking it out of the case, at which point it's better to have a full case.

The socks seemed moderately more useful, but even at 70 cents I had a hard time justifying spending money on cloth for my Micro. Now that's CheapAss.

Hey folks I just want to clarify:

It is the Official Nintendo Gameboy Micro Leather CASE (leather case with the fold over top strap- not just a sleeve and not play-thru) are being blown out @ TRU for 70 cents each.

All of the official Nintendo Micro stuff is being blown out at TRU for under a buck.

:bouncy:

Picked up 2 of each item, thanks OP. Now I just need a Micro. :roll: And I did see Micros at Sears at 30% off (none at TRU or WM). Gonna wait until the first biz week of next month and see if it drops some more, almost $50 is too much.

Funny story went to TRU today bought a case but i went somewhere else afterwards and i guess it fell out of my car when I opened the door. I gotta go back and pick up another one when I get a chance :(

Anybody know of a good place to pick up cheap faceplates for the Micro? I bought a used one about a year ago and haven't seen the faceplates in any store.

[quote name='cataphoresis']Anybody know of a good place to pick up cheap faceplates for the Micro? I bought a used one about a year ago and haven't seen the faceplates in any store.[/QUOTE]

PlayAsia has this 8 pack for $8.90. I bought some and they are decent. Not as good a fit as OEM, but will do ya.
faceplate set

PA.56029.001.jpg

Picked up the leather case and a pack of sox....

The sox work great for iPods, PDAs, etc. They are very stretchy and soft. 60 cents for a 3-pack is a great deal. Will probably pick up a few more packs for other things.

I picked up one of each at the Bellevue, WA store today.

The neoprene sleeve with the button cut-outs is a waste of time. You won't use it.

The socks and the leather case are both worth it for sure though. The leather case is smart and sturdy and a welcome addition to a collector's trove. I'll be using the socks myself (or rather one sock), as I tend to leave the micro in my jacket pocket, and the sock is the best way to keep it from getting scuffed by keys and the like.

The Clackamas, OR store has a ton of socks, leather cases, and play through cases as of 2/19/07.

I picked up a few extra of each if anyone needs some, shoot me a PM!

Finally broke down at paid $50 for a new 20th Anniv Ed. - Didn't feel great about paying that much but I think this will be the best deal for them in the Chicago area as most stores don't even any micros in stock, let alone enough to sit around and drop even more in price some months in the future.

I'm hoping some TRUs around here still have the socks/leather case but if not, I'd be up for trading/buying them from a helpful CAG.

I already have a leather case, but I picked up some Micro socks and a neoprene case (just to say I had one). I also got a copy of Polarium for 5 bones while I was there. Thanks for giving me some purpose on this lazy lunch hour OP! :)

Grabbed one of each after Valentine's trip (it takes a great girlfriend to do TRU clearence). Found em in a shopping cart by the register. My micro will never be uncased again! The sox are the perfect size for ipod, razr phones, etc. A must grab.

There was also a $4 copy of Polarium at the Altoona PA TRU that I've flirted with a few times. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, too much good stuff as of late.

Thank, OP! I picked up a couple of sleeves.

Just to clarify, these accessories aren't OEM Nintendo brand. According to the back of the package, they're made by BD&A. That "Official Nintendo Seal" is probably just a sign of licensing rights and is more of a marketing thing than anything else.

Someone asked for a pic of the sleeve:

http://i19.tinypic.com/4cijp69.jpg

Picked up two leather cases, a pack of sox, and the crappy keychain thing. Gave some stuff away to friends, left a bunch at TRU for others to buy. Should have bought another leather case...

got the leather case and cut out case... maybe i should of got the socks too. they had a lot of these 3 at the mission viejo store =P

How does TRU give you back the .30 cents? Or do you have to pay in exact change? Can you use your credit card or write them a check? How would the bank/credit company handle that sort of an amount?

bread's done
Back