The World of Disgaea: Volume 2 (Hardcover) @ amazon for $13.57

Asgardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
UPDATE: I don't know what the release date is, but for those that enjoyed the frist one (below), here's the amazon link to Volume 2.
[quote name='Asgardian']EDIT: I know most of you know about this already, but I just got it today and it's so freaken awesome I just have to remind you to go get it!

All Disgaea fans and game collectors, you MUST get this book, it's simply awesome!

I ordered it back in Oct 06 and finally got it in the mail today, but it's all worth the wait, check it out before it's gone!

Amazon link.

Happying game collecting.

EDIT: It's about 7.5 x 10.5 x 0.75 inches, 175 pages, very high quality glossy magazine like thick paper.

Some random shoots of the book (click to see larger image):

(1) Character relationship chart?

(2) Tones of character mini-bio with clip arts:

(3) Some Boss info:

(4) Book has lots of very nice sketch arts!

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to hold out until there is a nice deal of the day game so I can get free shipping. Bully would have been a deal for $20...

It's about 7.5 x 10.5 x 0.75 inches, 175 pages, very high quality glossy magazine like thick paper.

I'll post some pictures tonight (I'm at work at the moment).

But trust me man, it's well worth the $14, if you are into Disgaea or if you are a crazy collecting-a-holic like me :D

Well said, Chunli..... well said.
Though, I'm sure there are many pretty pictures that could keep you entertained

Ok, this is a bump for I have added some photos to further convince you that this is a good book to collect.

BTW, I never said anything about reading... I don't read, just collect :)

[quote name='chunlirocks']Dewd, It is 2007. Who actually reads anymore.

No thanks.[/quote]

Thanks OP, Im in for one. I added Radio Allergy for the cube to my cart to make it over $25 and qualify for the free shipping, even tho its not out yet.

Does anyone know if Amazon will ship my Disgaea book now, or will they wait till the game is released and ship them together? Im in no hurry, but I'd like to know.

[quote name='Puffa469']Thanks OP, Im in for one. I added Radio Allergy for the cube to my cart to make it over $25 and qualify for the free shipping, even tho its not out yet.

Does anyone know if Amazon will ship my Disgaea book now, or will they wait till the game is released and ship them together? Im in no hurry, but I'd like to know.[/quote]

Depends on what shipping preference you chose. I believe the default is to ship your items together, which means it won't ship until both items are in stock at the same time (and if Disgaea is OOS when Radio comes out, you'll still be waiting, they don't hold items). If you changed it to group my items in as few shipments as possible they'll ship items individually, but they charge for that (no free shipping).

I've had them ship items separately even if you don't choose that option (so it doesn't cost you anything more) but there's no guarantee that they'll do that.

[quote name='1stmoon']Book is also available on Buy.com for $16.88 shipped, but after GCO discount...[/QUOTE]
Note that Buy.com says that it's a preorder for late next month. I had originally placed an order with them months ago, only to have the item cancelled on me last week. I headed straight to Amazon, and already got the book yesterday.

Thanks Asgardian, I just ordered a copy. I didn't even know they published this in English. I was considering buying the Japanese version a couple years ago, but I decided $30 was a bit much.

If you wanna be a true cheapy and avoid paying high amazon shipping charges, you can get it from overstock for 14.31 shipped.

Might have to pick one up. I still have my copy of Disgaea on my shelf unopened. Just seems like an overwhelming task, so I've been reluctant to open it. But maybe this will force me to open it.

Thanks for this! I just picked up a copy... and when I was ordering it, I noticed this that I thought some of you may be interested in...

Okami Art Book...

http://www.amazon.com/Okami-Officia..._bbs_sr_3/103-0246657-8855853?ie=UTF8&s=books

I've been hoping something like this would come out for a while now, I ordered it right away, even though it doesn't come out until July.

Also worth noting, the MSRP on this is $39.99, but Amazon has it nicely discounted for a price just over the $25 free shipping threshold.

Thanks Fodder... I am so weak... I caved as soon as I saw this deal...

May be you should start a new thread about it so other crazy collectors can notice it.

Did you see that "old string binding style" it uses? Looks very interesting, but I hope they use high quality paper.

Thanks again matey! Great find! :bouncy:

[quote name='Fodder']Thanks for this! I just picked up a copy... and when I was ordering it, I noticed this that I thought some of you may be interested in...

Okami Art Book...

http://www.amazon.com/Okami-Official-Complete-Works-Capcom/dp/1897376022/sr=8-3/qid=1172637178/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/103-0246657-8855853?ie=UTF8&s=books

I've been hoping something like this would come out for a while now, I ordered it right away, even though it doesn't come out until July.

Also worth noting, the MSRP on this is $39.99, but Amazon has it nicely discounted for a price just over the $25 free shipping threshold.[/quote]

[quote name='eau']Found some scans from NISA. Enjoy!

[/quote]

So, it's an art book AND a strat guide!?! SWEET!! That's different....I'M IN!!:cool:

Thanks, OP!!:applause:

Just got this book in the mail from Amazon. Amazing, this has the highest quality HARD COVER binding, with thick, glossy pages. well worth $14. It has alot of game inforamtion too, but is not really a full strategy guide. Tons of art!

Thanks OP I just bought this...also I was just wondering what do you guys think of the double jump strat guide...I know you can get it for free but Im thinking of owning it.

[quote name='j-fever']Just got this book in the mail from Amazon. Amazing, this has the highest quality HARD COVER binding, with thick, glossy pages. well worth $14. It has alot of game inforamtion too, but is not really a full strategy guide. Tons of art![/QUOTE]
Thank you for the info. Sounds like a great book! I just ordered it with the Devil Summoner game that is shown in another thread. Cant wait to get both items!!

[quote name='Jirotrom,']Thanks OP I just bought this...also I was just wondering what do you guys think of the double jump strat guide...I know you can get it for free but Im thinking of owning it.[/QUOTE]

I have both editions of the Disgaea Strat Guide, the First editon and SE editon are both the same, except the SE edtion has 1/2 page more of clues and hints ( extra text on a bank page of #1), and in printed on thick paper.

If you need a strategy guide to play the game it is worth getting.

I picked this up and its pretty friggin awesome, also thanks j-fever as I went ahead and just bought the first printing of the disgaea guide.

love how some marketplace seller is trying to sell the first one for almost $75 when you can still order it from Rosenqueen for $19.99...

Go to eBay and look up of World of Disgaea. You can get the first volume BuyItNow for $15.99 + $3.99 shipping from a certain seller.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Most ignorant statement ever.[/quote]

Most humorless statement ever.

Really, is sarcasm that hard to detect in a typed format?

[quote name='KenzinFive']Go to eBay and look up of World of Disgaea. You can get the first volume BuyItNow for $15.99 + $3.99 shipping from a certain seller.[/quote]

Thank you picked up one, looks like he has 2 left in stock.

[quote name='KenzinFive']Go to eBay and look up of World of Disgaea. You can get the first volume BuyItNow for $15.99 + $3.99 shipping from a certain seller.[/quote]

do you have a link to the auction? I can't find it and its not even in completed listings

bread's done
Back