New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

Goozex

Official Representative
Welcome, Welcome! This is the latest thread for CAG Goozex members and for our new friends who have questions.

What is Goozex and how does it work?

Goozex is the new innovative system developed and tested by video-gamers for video-gamers. Goozex provides a unique trading platform that allows peer-to-multi-peer trading of physical goods. The company delivers the following services:
  • Peer-to-multi-peer trading platform
  • Community experience
  • Video game reviews and multi-media information on the products
The system allows users to trade their video games in exchange for Goozex points, which can then be used to receive video games from other users. This helps gamers avoid paying enormous amounts of cash for games. Goozex runs on an internal currency that is dictated by points that are assigned to each game. The only payment that members make to Goozex is a payment of $1 transaction fee for each video game they receive. Learn more!

--------------------------------------------------------

Rules for March CAG Game Bundle Promotion

Deadline: May 10, 2007

Winners will be randomly selected and chosen after the deadline. To be eligible you must signup to Goozex.com and enter the coupon code CAG-2007 and select your preferred console. Your selection of preferred console indicates the game bundle you would like to win. There are seven game bundles available: Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, and PSP. Details of the game bundle are available on the promotion's forum thread on Cheapassgamer.com. Any game bundle not selected will be forfeited. Only one winner per console game bundle will be selected. Only one winner is allowed per household. Multiple accounts disqualify your entry into the promotion. Winners must have a valid United States, Canadian or Bermudian mailing address to be eligible. Winners cannot change titles or redeem games for cash, Goozex points or trade credits. Game bundles will be mailed by Goozex to the address provided upon registration.

The rules above can be summed up as such:
1. Signup on Goozex
2. At signup use coupon Code: CAG-2007
CAG-2007
gets you 5 FREE trades and 100 bonus points after your first successful trade.
3. At signup select preferred console to register which bundle you'd like to enter to win
Pick one of the following: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii
4. Multiple accounts disqualify you
5. Only one winner per console bundle

List of games for each console bundle:

:360:Xbox 360 Bundle
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
Star Trek Legacy
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

:wii:Wii Bundle
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Super Swing Golf
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Elebits

:ps3: PS3 "Bundle"
Resistance: Fall of Man

:ps2:PS2 Bundle
Guitar Hero II
Okami
Winning Eleven 2007
Metal Gear Solid 3

:psp:PSP Bundle
Dynasty Warriors
Rapala Trophies
Warhammer: Battle for Altuma
Lemmings

Previous CAG Winners:
eddiesteel
TahoeMax
Tubsy3
Sochalist
Martin8me
LordBubba
JAGII
davidwolfe
Minos
Jkeeper
Karchi
zombies!
Gamesrfun

Thanks for asking -- we're setting up a survey of our members this week and it's packed with free stuff for answering some questions...

I'll post here when it's up.

[quote name='icruise']That's a heck of a "bundle" for the PS3...[/quote]

lol...that's what cheapyd said a while back...

but what can we do...not so many ps3 owners out there...

[quote name='linkpwns']Damn, I just registered like 3 days ago... I should have waited![/quote]

I'll mark you down for which bundle?

***Promo Update***

If you signed up on Goozex between April 1 - 10 (before the April promo) then you can email us your prefered game bundle choice and we will throw your name into the random selection in one month. Hope this helps out!

please send to feedback @ goozex . com

Thanks!

ey im kinda new to the trading thing (goozex). Ok i have a library of 5 games. When somebody wants my game will i get a email? or what.

Goozex can you cancel a request for a game. I was matched for Driver but for whatever reason I thought it was a ps2 game not a ps1 game. It's been matched but seller hasnt accepted. Thanks

username is magiic

[quote name='da408boss']hey i send the email a [email protected] (for the bundle thing) and it didn't work it said it failed to send email.

I registered yesterday

Sing me up for the ps3 bundle

Goozex username: da408boss[/quote]

Ok...please send to feedback @ goozex. com -- sorry about that

[quote name='Terminator360']ey im kinda new to the trading thing (goozex). Ok i have a library of 5 games. When somebody wants my game will i get a email? or what.[/quote]

Hi Terminator360 -- yes you'll get an email once you have been matched with a buyer. When you get that email you will click on the link and go to "My Library" where you will see a button to accept the trade. This will take you to another page where you can choose various options. Once you commit to a trade you will receive your points immediately.

Let me know if you have any other questions b/c that's why I'm here!

Magiic -- We can't cancel a match. Let me know if the seller commits.

question - when you send a game to someone, how many points from that game's value get credited to your account? for example - if you send a game that costs 500 points, do you get the full 500 points credited to your account or only 400 or 250 or what?

[quote name='cyko']question - when you send a game to someone, how many points from that game's value get credited to your account? for example - if you send a game that costs 500 points, do you get the full 500 points credited to your account or only 400 or 250 or what?[/quote]
Hi cyko -- You get the full amount of points the moment you commit to a trade! So in your example, if you send out a 500 point game then you'll get 500 points immediately.

[quote name='Goozex']Thanks for asking -- we're setting up a survey of our members this week and it's packed with free stuff for answering some questions...

I'll post here when it's up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks as always ... we luvs our stuff :D

I still would really like to see trading of N64 and SNES games. Also a page showing recent point fluctuations would be cool.

okay im getting sick of a user . I get home last night and get this email from them

Goozex private message
Dear <

You have received a private message from:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Avatar
Message: don't be a dickhead.... complaining because there are stickers on the box? give me a break. This ain't ebgames.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if there is sticker junk all over the boxes im not going to leave them perfect feedback. I leave g ot the good game but not in the condition i though. and they leave his email to me

THey send STAMP.com referals in all of their games and BEG People to leave tips.... too bad there wasnt a way to see who is sending games before you could request them cause i would stay far away from this person anymore.

so far got

Monoploy off them they said COMPLETE only got GAME
avaitar --- came complete but with stickers
wac a mole- was okay

but their attitude and all of the junk mailings they send with games could turn a lot of people off this site

Slidecage- yea, that would be a good idea. You get a game not in the way you want, so you can avoid getting games from them. The only problem I see with that is that you could potentially just pair up with someone and you two jack up each other's status, etc. Would be good to avoid certain peeps, but I could definitely see people abusing the hell outta it. lol.

Damn frakin Halo2!!! As tempted as I am to just remove it, I know it's out there and I need a copy so I can play it with my bro after I move.....but it keeps matching and timing out for over 2 weeks now......ACK!!!!

[quote name='slidecage']
too bad there wasnt a way to see who is sending games before you could request them cause i would stay far away from this person anymore.
[/quote]
It would be nifty if there was an option to filter/block trades with specific users on a site.

It sounds good and it works for a site like eBay, where there are and always will be millions of users, but for Goozex in the near-term future I think a blocking tool might staunch trades that could ripple out and snowball into a noticable effect, when there will be very little trading due to users having (more or less) 'exclusive trader lists'.

Once Goozex grows to a determined number, I think user blocking would be good. But probably not now...leaving positive feedback as "not as expected" is still positive feedback, dang.

hmm I'm sitting on 2,050 points and not getting any matches :(

and a few games on my request list have available copies too

btw Gooze I saw that a copy of Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars -- Kane Edition was listed as available but I never saw it appear on the traded list, did the person put it on hold?

edit: also there was a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics?

[quote name='GrayWolf323']hmm I'm sitting on 2,050 points and not getting any matches :(

and a few games on my request list have available copies too

btw Gooze I saw that a copy of Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars -- Kane Edition was listed as available but I never saw it appear on the traded list, did the person put it on hold?[/QUOTE]

Same deal for me except I've had no problems trading out my stuff. I just can't seem to get matched to people that don't suck.
I've been trying to take advantage of the free trade period to get some kids games for my son but all of these have been timing out:

- Spongebob the Movie(ps2)
- Spongebob : Lights Camera Pants(xbox)
- Ed, Edd & Eddy (ps2)
- Incredibles: Rise of the underminer(GC)

I've also had problems getting some games for myself, or at least I've had to wait until the 3rd matching cycle to finish a trade.

with my luck I'll get matched for these immediately after the free trade promo.:lol:

I saw this offer last time it came around, and now I'm tempted to join Goozex once again. However, there are two major things that concern me about this site, and I'm hoping that some current users can clarify things.

First, the points values assigned to games seem arbitrary. Why is Hotel Dusk (which can be purchased new) worth more than Electroplankton, which seems to have real scarcity and value?

Second, and this is more important, how big is the user pool and thus the availability of all games listed on the site? I've checked out a few of my wants as listed here on CAG, and less than half of them showed availability at the moment. I'll be damned if I'm going to ship off my games for some ephemeral points that could be worthless tomorrow if this site goes belly up unless I can be assured that the game I want will be available in a timely fashion.

I feel kind of like a crusty miner who's being told that some newfangled paper money note is worth the same as a silver coin I can bite to make sure it's good.

Hi Maxathon -- great points and maybe I can help (of course!)...

Points are assigned by an algorithm that takes into account current MSRP, supply and demand, and release date. Different weights are assigned to each value and this creates generates our points. We actively seek out games that significantly fall out of line with what's out there as an average used price and align them. We also keep up to date as best as we can to rare game titles.

The user pool is big enough to offer over 18,000 games and 5,000 unique titles. Your concern about having worthless points is a very well taken. What keeps us motivated to keep Goozex a success is the trust everyone is giving us to make their points valuable. This is a huge responsibility that we work hard to keep everyday.

So maybe I can propose this solution for you. Sign-up, enter the promo and make your requests. Send out one game -- earn the bonus points and then get in line for all your titles. You may be surprised at how fast you get matched, or your expectations are not met and you simply stop being active. You basically can try the site risk free!

***Updates***

1. Paypal is up!

2. We're a Webby Award Official Honoree! This is very huge for us and is a reflection of the quality users we have on Goozex. This is as much an award for you and CheapyD for helping, as it is for our small team!

Many, many thanks!

[quote name='Maxathon']I saw this offer last time it came around, and now I'm tempted to join Goozex once again. However, there are two major things that concern me about this site, and I'm hoping that some current users can clarify things.

First, the points values assigned to games seem arbitrary. Why is Hotel Dusk (which can be purchased new) worth more than Electroplankton, which seems to have real scarcity and value?

Second, and this is more important, how big is the user pool and thus the availability of all games listed on the site? I've checked out a few of my wants as listed here on CAG, and less than half of them showed availability at the moment. I'll be damned if I'm going to ship off my games for some ephemeral points that could be worthless tomorrow if this site goes belly up unless I can be assured that the game I want will be available in a timely fashion.

I feel kind of like a crusty miner who's being told that some newfangled paper money note is worth the same as a silver coin I can bite to make sure it's good.[/QUOTE]

i would say if your looking at joining 1 online trading site this will be the one to join. I been here since AUG 2006 ? (when they first opened) and i will tell you right now this is the best trading site that i ever came across.

if Most of your WANTS are games that just came out then yes your going to have problems finding them. Hell name one place that you can find a brand new game being traded

i doubt your pts would become useless overnight since this is a major player in the onliine game trades. Hell i have around 10,000 pts and im not worried one bit about the points becoming worthless. After this bunch im sending out later tonight i will have sent around 55 games out and probally gotten 20 in return ?? no clue

BUT i have gotten some great games

Dark alliance 2 ps 2
gallop racer 2006
marvel vs capcom 2 ps2
digimon world DS
avatir DS
contact DS

and a lot other smaller games i cant think off the top of my head.

i like keeping tons of pts out there so i know if someone would list a 1000 pt game there is a good chance that i would be first to get it.

belive me this is the site that you will want to stick with

I been with other sites (dont know if i can mention them here) and they have all gone under BUT GOOZEX STILL RULES and is getting bigger and bigger every day.

personally i dont really see how they can make a big enough profit to stay in business at a buck per trade but its the best place going

[quote name='MightySlacker']Goozex

- Contact muse about adding Untold Legends Dark Kingdom for PS3 - I was going to list it but its not in the database

Dave[/QUOTE]

and

Yu gi oh world championship 2007 ds

Slidecage -- hope you don't mind me sharing your stats -- but they are impressive:
51 games sent
52 games received

MightySlacker -- thanks for the heads up...fixed.

I signed up during the previous promotion and really enjoy the service. I do have a question though. There are listings for many 360 Arcade titles (and PSN titles) and I thought those were tied to the gamertag they were purchased with. If I'm not mistaken wouldn't that make it impossible to trade 360 Arcade titles? If this is the case I strongly suggest that Goozex delete those products from the list.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Goozex

- Contact muse about adding Untold Legends Dark Kingdom for PS3 - I was going to list it but its not in the database

Dave[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you posted that MightySlacker. I've looked for that on the site several times without success. I know it's not a very good game but I'm pretty desperate to play something on my PS3.

[quote name='grognard66']I'm glad you posted that MightySlacker. I've looked for that on the site several times without success. I know it's not a very good game but I'm pretty desperate to play something on my PS3.[/quote]

I still don't have any PS3 games. :cry: Me and my stupid cheapassness.

ok how does this work when u put a game in ur library. Like i put a game in my library that wasn't available and was requested. Does that person have it on hold?

Sorry for the noobish question

Just used paypal for Goozex points and everything went smoothly. Glad to see the site's always improving. I see nothing but good things for Goozex in the future.

[quote name='Goozex']Slidecage -- hope you don't mind me sharing your stats -- but they are impressive:
51 games sent
52 games received

MightySlacker -- thanks for the heads up...fixed.[/QUOTE]

WOW i really lost track of how many games i got off this site LOL

too bad i have no clue where half the games are today

Still waiting on that survey :>
I think we should be able to reject senders, because it's important that we're allowed to read their feedback prior to accepting a trade from them.
Also, older games, rare games, etc are highly undervalued on goozex. The only things of decent value are brand new games. Anything older than a year should just be sold on ebay, and use the money from there to buy points on goozex.
Also, I'd like to note that if we request a game at a certain point value, we should get that game for the point value or the option to not commit to receiving the game if it has raised in value since we requested it.

Yeah, I know this is the wrong place for this probably.

bread's done
Back