- - - - -

PS3 Arcade Stick Thread

#31 primetime   What time is it? CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

primetime

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

Not sure where you're located but he T5 stick can be found at Fry's for $30

I was actually thinking the GC by my house. I remember it being there when it dropped to $30 a few months ago, but I was strapped for cash at that point. Hopefully it's still there, but thanks for the recommendation.

#32 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

Not sure where you're located but he T5 stick can be found at Fry's for $30

Do you know of any Fry's locations that still have these in stock? Please let me know as I want to pick a few extra up.

#33 denze   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

Will do, although I'm in Los Angeles. The two Fry's locations I can check are Woodland Hills and Burbank. FYI, I got mine at Woodland Hills, I'll take a look on my next trip there

#34 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:43 AM

Hm so the HRAP3s @ Hiscore are still $99 shipped?

#35 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:09 AM

Yes, I'm not sure if they have any in stock though.

Check out this site everyone; very useful:

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html

#36 Thomas96   I am Thomaticus! CAGiversary!   6070 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Thomas96

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:59 AM

I'd love to play on a arcade Stick, but I've spend so much time playing on the d-pad to where I don't think I can ever switch to arcade sticks, however, I did play a lot of SFIII on an arcade machine and I was pretty good. Is it better to play on the arcade stick? Does it give an advantage over d-pads/controllers?

#37 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:59 AM

It is preference.

Usually when people get used to arcade stick, they like that the most. Some people can just react better on dpad. I suggest try to seriously learn to play on a stick then compare it to your progress on dpad.

#38 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

Reading through that slagcoin site got me all excited about arcade sticks again, plus I've been getting back into T5DR. What are the top recommended sticks for PS3 currently? It would be cool to get a new one for SC4.

As for the stick vs. dpad preference, I love the stick with Tekken and Soulcalibur, but I've been doing Tekken with a controller lately because I got used to it on the PSP version. (I wish I could plug a stick into my PSP... as ridiculous as that would be.) It's mostly for the button layout. It's tough doing stuff like 1+4/2+3 in Tekken and pretty much half the multi-button moves in SC on a Dualshock unless you remap all the shoulder buttons or play overhanded. I just prefer the simplicity of having all four buttons easily reachable like on a stick.

For some reason I stick with a controller for 2D fighters, though. Probably just because of the hours and hours put into them on SNES/PS1.

#39 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

I'd love to play on a arcade Stick, but I've spend so much time playing on the d-pad to where I don't think I can ever switch to arcade sticks, however, I did play a lot of SFIII on an arcade machine and I was pretty good. Is it better to play on the arcade stick? Does it give an advantage over d-pads/controllers?

- I think it's just a matter of preference. I loved the Sega Saturn D-Pad and was able to do almost everything with it. I even bought every adapter out there to continue using it on newer systems.

I'm just getting back into joysticks again since the D-Pad on the PS3 and the Xbox360 leaves a little to be desired. I was also having a little trouble timing button presses. I ended up buying two VSHG and I immediately was able to perform moves and combos I had trouble with in VF5. I'm still not 100% with some of the moves I can do with the SixAxis, but it's getting there.

#40 Thomas96   I am Thomaticus! CAGiversary!   6070 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Thomas96

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

I definitely don't think there'd be any harm done by trying out the arcade stick for a while. I bet its a lot easier to hit those 1+4, 2+3 button combinations than it is on the d-pad controller.

#41 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:53 AM

Got this stuff today...

Posted Image

The Ant Commandos PS2 to PS3 converter. Works great with PS2 guitars on PS3 Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3. But is not as good as the Pelican converter (best one out there for PS1/PS2 arcade sticks on PS3) for fighting games. So after the sad testing session was done, I went to GameStop randomly... where I saw...

Posted Image

Holy crap, NEW for $9.99!? Don't mind if I do. I almost did a triple take. If you're familiar with these, you should know how much they go for on eBay. Yikes.

---

Here is a link to my review of the TAC PS2 to PS3 converter:

http://sdtekken.com

Top article.

NOTE: This review only pertains to the converter and it's use with fighting games. Our guitar compatibility portion of the review is still being written. Should be up sometime soon.

#42 heavyd853   Shuffling Corpse CAGiversary!   2344 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

heavyd853

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

I could do with an arcade stick for my ps3, though I'm not used to using a stick for Tekken games at all because of the pitiful arcade scene in my area. I am, however, very used to using one with sc2 and kinda with mvc2.

I'd like to pick up one to use for T5:DR but I'm not too sure what to look for in terms of quality or whatnot.

#43 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

how much do those go for on ebay. I have an open one I have no use for... cash would be nice.

#44 flount   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:22 PM

What is the Gamestop product number on that Pelican converter (the six numbers at the left on the price tag that I cannot quite make out)?

#45 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

The preorder prices for the Amazon Japan edition HRAP sticks are pretty good:

Amazon JP HRAP 1 (PS2) - Price: ¥ 6,766 (Tax Included)
Amazon JP HRAP 3 (PS3) - Price: ¥ 6,766 (Tax Included)

By today's conversion rate of 1 USD = 102.825 JPY, the cost of one unit shipped to a Japanese address would be 6,766.00 JPY = 65.8011 USD

They both also qualify for free shipping within Japan. So whichever shop stocks/sells these they'll get em for a better price, and that means better prices for all! Yay!

If you want to know what the sticks look like, check here:

http://sdtekken.com/....amazon-jp-ps2/

http://sdtekken.com/...p-ps3/</strong>

#46 nyprimus4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

Those adapters go for a lot of money? I got one used in perfect condition at Gamestop a few months back for $2.99.

Any reason for the surge in pricing? Is it compatible with Rock Band or Guitar Hero or something?

#47 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

There were only 5,000 made. Pelican was forced to stop making them (by Sony). And they are the only easily attainable (used to be lol) converter made for the US market that works perfectly for digital controllers (mostly arcade sticks) and has a PS button.

Bottom line, it is the best for fighting games.

#48 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

Rats, amazon.jp won't ship a stick to me.

At least they can still send me gravure idol books.

#49 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

That stick looks pretty sweet, I will have to pick up one of those.

#50 Jest   Take this! CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:44 AM

Anyone know where I could buy a PS3 stick that preferable will work with PC as well?

Edit: found a place, will let you know if they have any in stock after they tell me :P Its the Hori stick btw.

#51 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

http://www.play-asia...en-70-2nut.html

Play-Asia has the Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 SA back in stock, probably going to sell out within the day just like last time!

Last chance to get one if you want one...

#52 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:20 AM

With all of the Hori Arcade Sticks coming out as of late, I felt compelled to do a write up to help inform people on what is out there and where to get it.

I put up an article on my website (http://sdtekken.com) which you can see here:

http://sdtekken.com/...de-stick-mania/

If anyone has any suggestions on info to add or links to places that have it for sale, let me know.

#53 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:15 AM

What's the deal with the Fighting Stick 3? Is it worthwhile, or does the HRAP3 make it obsolete?

#54 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

http://sdtekken.com/...v-arcade-stick/

Fans of Hori’s smaller arcade sticks for the will be pleased to know that both the PS3’s Fighting Stick 3 and the Xbox 360’s Fighting Stick EX2 are being repackaged for Soul Calibur IV’s late July release. The SCIV themed sticks are identical to their previous incarnations and feature Soul Calibur IV themed artwork.

Hori Soul Calibur IV Stick (Xbox 360)

Posted Image

Soul Calibur IV Stick (PS3)

Posted Image

---

AKA crap.

#55 Jest   Take this! CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

Hori fighting stick 3 are in stock at at Play-Asia. Goomba found me one at a local game stop though just before I saw this. Much cheaper that way. Can not wait for it to arrive.

#56 bjkrautk   Now with Added Sarcasm. CAGiversary!   297 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

bjkrautk

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

The recent $20 drop in price for VF5, plus the variety of fighting games coming out in the near future (SC IV - July 29; SF4, SSF2THD Remix, Tekken 6 - whenever they get around to it) has me thinking about getting another stick for my PS3.

(I bought the Fighting Stick 3 for $40 with a Gamestop Coupon over a year ago....and finally got to use it thanks to my first Virtua Fighter game ever.)

I respect the arguments for importing, and I like the concept of a round-gated controller (for SF4), but I'm looking for a controller that doesn't cost more than the games themselves. Any recommendations besides the Hori FS3?

#57 MarkMan   CAG TEKKEN MASTER CAGiversary!   8622 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:36 AM

Soul Calibur IV Sticks On Sale At Amazon

July 15, 2008

Posted Image

The SOUL CALIBUR IV Arcade Sticks were released last week and are now selling for a discounted price on Amazon. The PS3 stick is going for $41.99 and $51.99 for the Xbox 360 stick, don’t miss out on this deal!

#58 We Are Ninja   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   28 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

We Are Ninja

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:24 PM

Modded my HRAP3 today with Seimitsu parts...

Posted Image

That is sooo hot. Dunno if I'd play with it or myself...

#59 We Are Ninja   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   28 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

We Are Ninja

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

Those adapters go for a lot of money? I got one used in perfect condition at Gamestop a few months back for $2.99...

As did I. The clerk seemed HELLA impressed that they A.) had one B.) at that price.

EDIT: Double post. Mea culpa.

Edited by We Are Ninja, 20 July 2008 - 03:59 AM.

#60 Paco   GO TEAM GIRTH! CAGiversary!   4017 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Is there any sticks that DON'T have the square interface for the joystick? I just can' get used to it. I need something like the original Snes/Gens arcade sticks that don't have that loud clicking annoying square.

I'm using a Generation 1 Hori arcade stick for the original Playstation with a USB converter.