Limited Edition Pokemon DS Lite at Pokemoncenter.com

mechamappy

CAGiversary!
Just saw that Pokemoncenter.com is selling a limited edition Diamond & Pearl DS Lite as part of a bundle. The bundle price is $329.95 and includes the very limited Diamond and Pearl Etched DS Lite, both Diamond and Pearl games, scenario guide and some collector pins. Site says limited quantities available. I was hoping that you could just buy the limited DS Lite by itself but no dice - only available as part of the bundle. Price is a bit steep but considering that the limited edition Diamond & Pearl DS Lite goes for $400+ on the secondary market, it's an okay deal. The DS Lite is the same one that sold out immediately at the Pokemon stores in Japan last fall.

Check it out:
http://www.pokemoncenter.com/invt/4892

ds lite: 129.99
Pokemon Diamond: 34.99
Pokemon Pearl: 34.99
strat guide: 16.99
total: 216.96

difference for pins and pokemon art on ds lite: $112.99

...I guess I can understand it's a collectors item, but damn..no way I'm paying a difference of $113+tax+shipping for hype like this.

[quote name='musicnoteless']ds lite: 129.99
Pokemon Diamond: 34.99
Pokemon Pearl: 34.99
strat guide: 16.99
total: 216.96

difference for pins and pokemon art on ds lite: $112.99

...I guess I can understand it's a collectors item, but damn..no way I'm paying a difference of $113+tax+shipping for hype like this.[/QUOTE]

No, according to the product page the pins are free. :roll:

LOL at whoever would pay that much for a little extra fluff.

Oh yea, I have to remember to preorder the Halo 3 Legendary Edition while I'm out tomorrow...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, according to the product page the pins are free. :roll:[/QUOTE]

they are free; the pokemon engravings on the ds lite cost.

The DS does look cool though:
lg.jpg

Pretty much the Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza special GBA SP editions retained their value and more. Those three are just about impossible to find.

In 5 years? probably worth nothing... i don't want to buy it now and i don't see why it should worth anything in the future. Well, i don't have a thing against Pokemon, but my brother, sister and cousines grow up with Pokemon franchises, they got tons of Pokemon collectibles (the damn Pikachu never dies). However, the Pokemon stuffs pretty much worth crap, only the memory that's priceless.

Anyhow, if you're an adult and still into Pokemon (like that DS), hmmmm, you're that lizard dude in the Super Paper Mario. Sorry, Pokemons are meant for little kids and it's pathethic to hear things like "i can't wait to play Pokemon Pearl or Diamond (or whatever)" from an adult. I feel like the Francise guy already when playing SPM...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, according to the product page the pins are free. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Which is untrue. I added up their cost against gamestops non ds bundle and gamestops was like 15 bux cheaper, thats not even including shipping. Pokemoncenter.com=ripoff.

I would bite if I had a lot of cash because the value of this bundle will likely rise in the past and it could be a nice cash cow for ebay in the future.

Do not underestimate the value of pokemon items, do not forget pokemon merchandise is not sold in most stores, and what is sold in Target is a pathetic selection. I made a killing off pokemon backpacks, lunchbags and god knows what else, but I sold a lot of stuff! Was getting 50-60$ each for a used lunchbag or backpack last august on ebay right before the school season started. Do not underestimate the willingness of a soccer mom to pay whatever it takes to get their kid the items that they want!

[quote name='SaraAB']I would bite if I had a lot of cash because the value of this bundle will likely rise in the past and it could be a nice cash cow for ebay in the future.

Do not underestimate the value of pokemon items, do not forget pokemon merchandise is not sold in most stores, and what is sold in Target is a pathetic selection. I made a killing off pokemon backpacks, lunchbags and god knows what else, but I sold a lot of stuff! Was getting 50-60$ each for a used lunchbag or backpack last august on ebay right before the school season started. Do not underestimate the willingness of a soccer mom to pay whatever it takes to get their kid the items that they want![/quote]

Here are the Pokemon items i've thrown away..

1. Pokemon cards (like the magic cards) lots of them
2. Remote controlled Pikachu car (the pokeball is the controller)
3. Pokemon GB pouch (Luigia or something?)
4. Pokemon action figures, the ones with batteries in a squared box
5. Pokemon fastfood toys (BK)
6. Pokemon GB games (strange, i still have the boxes though).

Of course, all of the above stuffs have been played with...

To me, they served the purpose, eBaying is too time consuming, not worth the headache. As to donation? Hell, they don't take "used" toys/games (some stuffs are pretty new i might add). So what's left? Garbage... I love to recycle, but there are things you just can't put into the recycling bin.

What place doesn't take used toys/games as donations?

Isn't it odd that the guide in that picture is not the Nintendo Power one?

Great looking DS, outrageous price.

I'm a sucker for Limited Editions, but this is way too much. But thanks for letting us know about this OP.

Posted about this in the Pokemon thread last night. If you assume the pins are $5 each, with the guide at $15 and the games totaling $70, it's $230 for the DS. I'd pay that if I didn't already have a DS Lite and the game. It's a damn nice DS.

That price is just too expensive. When this was launched last year in Japan, price of the console is only about $140, same as the price for a normal ds lite.

[quote name='aa143']That price is just too expensive. When this was launched last year in Japan, price of the console is only about $140, same as the price for a normal ds lite.[/quote]except the thing sold out in like 20 minutes and you had to be in line for days to get it. i mean in japan, people still line up for DS lites like a console launch. just because it retailed for 16.800 yen or whatever doesn't mean you can get it for that price without going through serious effort.

anyways, regardless of whether you think limited editions are worth that much money, this is a deal, if only because you can't get it cheaper anywhere else. play-asia had it for $299 and it sold out in a day both times they had it in stock. this is only $20 more and you get both ds games and misc other stuff with it.

This is pretty much the only DS Lite that I am willing to buy to upgrade from a DS Phat. However, even though it looks awesome, the price is outrageous.

[quote name='Serpentor']Anyhow, if you're an adult and still into Pokemon (like that DS), hmmmm, you're that lizard dude in the Super Paper Mario. Sorry, Pokemons are meant for little kids and it's pathethic to hear things like "i can't wait to play Pokemon Pearl or Diamond (or whatever)" from an adult. I feel like the Francise guy already when playing SPM...[/QUOTE]

your pessimism and age insecurities make me feel very sad.

I have a feeling that this isn't going to last that long... Do they still sell this in regular basis in Japan?

To note I don't think you have to pay tax if you live out of the state.

[quote name='Serpentor']
Anyhow, if you're an adult and still into Pokemon (like that DS), hmmmm, you're that lizard dude in the Super Paper Mario. Sorry, Pokemons are meant for little kids and it's pathethic to hear things like "i can't wait to play Pokemon Pearl or Diamond (or whatever)" from an adult. I feel like the Francise guy already when playing SPM...[/QUOTE]

How hypocritical is it that your username is from a G.I. Joe character?

The answer is very.

If we were in starships and had to pick a speed to represent such, we would turn the dial all the way to ludicrous.

Tangentially, the volume level would go to 11 on our amps.

It comes in the same box like the ones that sold out in Japan. The Nintendo World store in NYC had a small quantity available for purchase on 4/22 and the ones I saw came in the box seen below. I don't think that they had that many 'cause they were sold out by the time I got to the checkout counter.
pokemon_ds_lite_w1.jpg

[quote name='Strell']How hypocritical is it that your username is from a G.I. Joe character?

The answer is very.

If we were in starships and had to pick a speed to represent such, we would turn the dial all the way to ludicrous.

Tangentially, the volume level would go to 11 on our amps.[/quote]

I guess in a way it's hypocritical... i grew up with GI Joe and Transformers, so in a way i always remember them. Now, i don't play with the toys like i use to when i was a kid and i don't scream "cool" whenever there's something new in that category (ok, maybe the new TF movie and the Master Piece TF line, but i just simply say "cool", it's not something to be hyped about).

On another note, i don't really want to pick Serpentor as my user name, all the cool names were taken :( And out of frustration, i picked Serpentor. I hate numbers at the end of the user name (unless it's a cool user name, but i couldn't think of one).

Anyhow, the notion of playing Pokemon games is just too childish. Maybe you guys/gals grew up with Pokemon as well, so i can't really say... I mean, i don't understand the "collectibleness" of this Pokemon DS. If you want the pics so bad, just apply Pokemon stickers. they don't cost you much money...

As to LE etc.., what's your point? Oh, it's shinny and got Pokemon pics, big freaking deal! It's the same console for god's sake. Oh, i c, it's not suppose to be opened and played, it's a collectible... It's an investment, it will worth a fortune in couple of years... The Lizard dude from SPM, but he got money and he got a big ass castle.

Again, i don't have anything against this "deal" It's a free forum and i'm just expressing my opinion. If you want to buy this DS, great! Enjoy the artwork (that's pretty much it). If you're investing, tough luck... If you just admiring the thing, cool, i respect that. If you're enjoying Pokemon games (adult and not playing with kids), i have to laugh at you (i'm sorry), it's too childish...

Like i said, it's only priceless memory-wise, other than that, you're better off with stickers and stocks... Deal-wise? No deal... I only post here b/c i didn't know there's such thing as Poekmon DS. Some times, i just pick up new info in the deal forum when there's no "obvious" deal. Call it learn something new everyday experience.

You know a really amazing thing happened when I read your response, and I just thought it had to be seen to be believed:

[quote name='Serpentor']I guess in a way it's hypocritical... i grew up with GI Joe and Transformers, so in a way i always remember them. Now, i don't play with the toys like i use to when i was a kid and i don't scream "cool" whenever there's something new in that category (ok, maybe the new TF movie and the Master Piece TF line, but i just simply say "cool", it's not something to be hyped about).

On another note, i don't really want to pick Serpentor as my user name, all the cool names were taken :( And out of frustration, i picked Serpentor. I hate numbers at the end of the user name (unless it's a cool user name, but i couldn't think of one).

Anyhow, the notion of playing Pokemon games is just too childish. Maybe you guys/gals grew up with Pokemon as well, so i can't really say... I mean, i don't understand the "collectibleness" of this Pokemon DS. If you want the pics so bad, just apply Pokemon stickers. they don't cost you much money...

As to LE etc.., what's your point? Oh, it's shinny and got Pokemon pics, big freaking deal! It's the same console for god's sake. Oh, i c, it's not suppose to be opened and played, it's a collectible... It's an investment, it will worth a fortune in couple of years... The Lizard dude from SPM, but he got money and he got a big ass castle.

Again, i don't have anything against this "deal" It's a free forum and i'm just expressing my opinion. If you want to buy this DS, great! Enjoy the artwork (that's pretty much it). If you're investing, tough luck... If you just admiring the thing, cool, i respect that. If you're enjoying Pokemon games (adult and not playing with kids), i have to laugh at you (i'm sorry), it's too childish...

Like i said, it's only priceless memory-wise, other than that, you're better off with stickers and stocks... Deal-wise? No deal... I only post here b/c i didn't know there's such thing as Poekmon DS. Some times, i just pick up new info in the deal forum when there's no "obvious" deal. Call it learn something new everyday experience.[/QUOTE]

I saw the same exact thing with yours, Strell.

[quote name='Strell']You know a really amazing thIng happened when I Read yoUr response, and I just thought it had to be seen to be beLievEd:[/quote]

fine... i retract my posts in this thread and adios...

man, i don't get offended that easliy, but getting called a dumb ass for the first time, it hurts a bit... Strell strell strell, i shall remember that name. Why? The first CAG pissed me off.

[quote name='Serpentor']fine... i retract my posts in this thread and adios...

man, i don't get offended that easliy, but getting called a dumb ass for the first time, it hurts a bit... Strell strell strell, i shall remember that name. Why? The first CAG pissed me off.[/quote]

Wait just a moment.

Pokemon is for kiddies, adults should be embarassed for playing it... but you're bothered by being called a name over the internet?

[quote name='sarausagi']your pessimism and age insecurities make me feel very sad.[/quote]

I feel you... but one has to grow up some times... even the kids i know loved Pokemon have grown up.

Again, please people, i have nothing against Pokemon! Never mind...

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Wait just a moment.

Pokemon is for kiddies, adults should be embarassed for playing it... but you're bothered by being called a name over the internet?[/quote]

ok, no... i'm sorry, i was just mad for a min, but when i come to sense, i'm a CAG, already an ass... just dumber i guess...

Oh this is great with a capital "GREAT." Get me some popcorn, bitches, and let's see if we can make that 13 year old cry.

bread's done
Back