Wii Screenshot Thread (Use Thumbnails)

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
Mods' note: Please thumbnail any and all images that are posted in this thread. Thumbnails help the bandwidth of the hosting provider as well as CAG's bandwidth.

UPDATE: For all the dolts out there who want to question why someone starts a topic of discussion in a FORUM, this thread is to talk about all the Wii games and post pics of them without having to make a million different threads.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http://www.jeux-france.com/news20406.html&lp=fr_en&tt=url

The first Godzilla was pretty brainless entertainment and was enjoyable at $20. Paying more then that, I don't know. Then again I just bought MK for $50 ;)

Back in the NES era the first Godzilla game for the NES was quite good. You moved your character a grid around like a strategy rpg then when you got there you went through a sidescrolling level (sure the levels were the same almost always but it was nes). If there was a monster there you fought him and it was cool (because it was a boss fight but you fought a lot of them).

Now close to 20 or so odd years later I expect there to be better Godzilla games, but by the looks of this, no this just looks like udder crap, and I would rather go back and replay the NES game.

Hopefully those are from the PSP version, not the Wii version. However, even if this is the Wii version part of the reason it looks so bad could be because the shots are in a higher resolution then the Wii will be outputting the game.
If you go to the official site they have some short videos of the monsters moving around, and it looks like the monsters are going to have very nice animation (and they look better then the screenshots). Plus the game is going to have 23 monsters, up from 18 in Save the Earth (but two will be original, non Toho monsters).

I personally can't wait for this game, and I really enjoyed the other two, but I'm a big Godzilla fan so I might not be the most objective person on this board.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Hopefully those are from the PSP version, not the Wii version. However, even if this is the Wii version part of the reason it looks so bad could be because the shots are in a higher resolution then the Wii will be outputting the game.
If you go to the official site they have some short videos of the monsters moving around, and it looks like the monsters are going to have very nice animation (and they look better then the screenshots). Plus the game is going to have 23 monsters, up from 18 in Save the Earth (but two will be original, non Toho monsters).

I personally can't wait for this game, and I really enjoyed the other two, but I'm a big Godzilla fan so I might not be the most objective person on this board.[/quote]

The pics are 900x548. Not that much bigger than the Wii output.
And the "videos" are Flash test movies with no backgrounds and are also small.

In anycase, you'll enjoy it.
But I haven't been a Godzilla game fan since NES like the previous poster.

If it plays awesome, nobody will care.

I am not a Wii fan, but nobody goes to it expecting decent visuals (Paper Mario/Zelda notwithstanding).

lol that looks soooo bad XD. 50 bucks says it will suck too haha

Man I can't even look at that again...brings back bad N64 memories for some reason...

[quote name='willardhaven']If it plays awesome, nobody will care.

I am not a Wii fan, but nobody goes to it expecting decent visuals (Paper Mario/Zelda notwithstanding).[/quote]

Ummm, hell yes I go to it expecting decent and good visuals.
Have you not seen the graphics of the better GC games out there?

Pisses me off because I know the system can do so much more.

[quote name='dallow']Ummm, hell yes I go to it expecting decent and good visuals.
Have you not seen the graphics of the better GC games out there?

Pisses me off because I know the system can do so much more.[/quote] If you look at pictures of the Gamecube Godzilla game Unleashed does look better. It even looks a little bit better then the Xbox Godzilla game, but then again I'm sure the Xbox one was held back visually by the PS2 version, as Unleashed is being held back by the PSP version.
Also, the way that the buildings fall apart based on where they are damaged (as seen in the last picture in the OP) is a cool concept, but it doesn't look very good right now. Hopefully it will look better in the final game. I also hope that when say too much of the middle of the building is destroyed to support the top of the building, the top will collapse and all that will be left is the bottom of the building.

I don't think those screenshots look that much better than the GC/XBox Godzilla games...in fact they pretty much look exactly the same, but with different angles.

And I've spent quite a few hours on the first Godzilla Gamecube game for a few years, and Godzilla Save the Earth on XBox (both through component video cables on a really nice large screened HDTV).

^The character models and some of the building textures in Unleashed look slightly better to me then either previous gen version, but it's not a huge improvement.

[quote name='Kaijufan']^The character models and some of the building textures in Unleashed look slightly better to me then either previous gen version, but it's not a huge improvement.[/quote]

Yeah, nice slap of some clear coat gloss.

Either way, I'm never going to play this game.

lmao why make a thread to post screen shots of random wii games? Graphics are not impressive at all now that we have 360 and ps3. Maybe post some news on why a certain game will be interesting because i am sure as hell no one bought a wii because of the amazing visuals. Tell me why i will want to play the game. That godzilla game looks like trash and Dk has lost its appeal now that it uses a waggle motion instead of bongos. :whistle2:(

It's like the developers went into creating the godzilla game with, "At least make it better than Turok: Evolution," on their minds.

They are barely reaching that goal.

[quote name='hohez']It's like the developers went into creating the godzilla game with, "At least make it better than Turok: Evolution," on their minds.

They are barely reaching that goal.[/quote]

Developer != artist.

Developers do not draw art (unless it's placeholder art).

Artists do not program games.

Quit blaming this on the "developers". Developers integrate art into games.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Developer != artist.

Developers do not draw art (unless it's placeholder art).

Artists do not program games.

Quit blaming this on the "developers". Developers integrate art into games.[/quote]
I think it's safe to say that when people say 'developers', we're just talking about the people who make the game as a whole.

And if you want to get technical, I see no reason why you can't call the guys who do the 3D-modeling , developers. That's their job.

If you're talking about the concept artists, they don't do shit.

[quote name='panasonic']lmao why make a thread to post screen shots of random wii games? Graphics are not impressive at all now that we have 360 and ps3. Maybe post some news on why a certain game will be interesting because i am sure as hell no one bought a wii because of the amazing visuals. Tell me why i will want to play the game. That godzilla game looks like trash and Dk has lost its appeal now that it uses a waggle motion instead of bongos. :whistle2:([/quote]
This thread was orginally about the Godzilla game, but for some reason the OP just decided to make it about all Wii games.

Jesus, how can you tell how a game plays by 4 lousy screenshots? Reminds you of N64 graphics? If that's not facetiousness, then it's the most idiotic shit I've heard since before alonzomorning23 left the Vs. forums. Go plug in your N64 again you crazy bitches and call me a liar.

[quote name='dallow']I think it's safe to say that when people say 'developers', we're just talking about the people who make the game as a whole.

And if you want to get technical, I see no reason why you can't call the guys who do the 3D-modeling , developers. That's their job.

If you're talking about the concept artists, they don't do shit.[/quote]

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. I work as a game developer. We (on the dev team) don't call the artists, "developers". We call them artists. Everyone who ever refers to a person that works in the art department is referred to as an artist.

"Developers" are often quick to get the blame when something looks bad, however it's the art department that has the biggest problem. Your game can look and behave rock solid, and if you have crappy art, your game sucks in most peoples eyes.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Sorry, but I have to disagree here. I work as a game developer. We (on the dev team) don't call the artists, "developers". We call them artists. Everyone who ever refers to a person that works in the art department is referred to as an artist.

"Developers" are often quick to get the blame when something looks bad, however it's the art department that has the biggest problem. Your game can look and behave rock solid, and if you have crappy art, your game sucks in most peoples eyes.[/quote]

A respectful reply, thank you.
I will take your word for it then.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Sorry, but I have to disagree here. I work as a game developer. We (on the dev team) don't call the artists, "developers". We call them artists. Everyone who ever refers to a person that works in the art department is referred to as an artist.

"Developers" are often quick to get the blame when something looks bad, however it's the art department that has the biggest problem. Your game can look and behave rock solid, and if you have crappy art, your game sucks in most peoples eyes.[/quote]

So you are saying that every time gamers (non-professional people) speak about development teams on an internet forum, they should be careful as to distinguish between developers and artistic talent?

As much as I understand your frustration, this is comparable to expecting people to understand the difference between a producer and a sound engineer on music-related forums. Please don't read this as "you're stupid for correcting people," but more among the lines of "ignorance is commonplace."

Last but not least, a lot of independent teams can not afford to have separate art departments and tools/development teams. In that respect, the umbrella of a "developer" is generally accurate enough (just as in music, a producer is often the sole sound engineer present for the project).

Which games did you guys make?

[quote name='dallow']If you're talking about the concept artists, they don't do shit.[/quote]

I hope to god you're being sarcastic...

[quote name='MarioColbert']I hope to god you're being sarcastic...[/quote]

Could just be the way I think.
Concept art lay the foundations, but games never look like it.

Haha, could just be me imagining the Final Fantasy 'art' ever since FF 1.
Those fanciful drawings of androgynous men and women with flowing lace and hair and a million colors turned into little square 8-bit blocks.

[quote name='dallow']Haha, could just be me imagining the Final Fantasy 'art' ever since FF 1.
Those fanciful drawings of androgynous men and women with flowing lace and hair and a million colors turned into little square 8-bit blocks.[/quote]

Fair enough about FF1. It's a little different these days, though. And I grew up with Lucas Arts adventures, where despite the pixelation of original concept art, the ideas were still quite clear to see. Day of the Tentacle is case in point.

And I will go as far as to say that without Scott Campbell's involvement in art direction of Psychonauts (whose 2D work is pimp) made the game as grotesquely beautiful (and even cute in a really fucked up way) as it was. Lungfish alone should get some sort of an award... And it would never be that sweet in 3D if it wasn't already super fucked up looking in 2D. So that's where I'm coming from...

[quote name='dallow']MC, Scott Campbell as in J. Scott Campbell?[/quote]

That'd be a no. Totally different Scott Campbell, without the J. The one I speak of is part of the The Hickee Crew. His "blog" (with more pictures to see than words to read) is here.

This doesn't really flow with this thread, though. I guess to tie it all in, I'll say that as soon as DoubleFine are working on a Wii game, I'll be the first one to post a screenshot here. Consider it a promise.

Capucine is an exploration / adventure game, formulated as a tale and based on shadow and light opposition.

This game takes place in a fantastic universe where everything is dead. The player controls a child who holds a ‘capucine’. This flower enables her to survive in this desolated world. The little girl can hand on her own life to the surroundings thanks to a beam of light she can cast from her hand. To maintain life, water will be vital. However, the player must be careful not to animate the shadows of the surrounding elements. Indeed, animated shadows will try to steal the flower in order to prevent the child from accomplishing her destiny: revive the World.

The main intention is to offer a quiet and disturbing gaming experience where the player explores the surroundings and solves riddles. During the adventure, we want the player to be fascinated by the world he discovers. We also want him to become attached to the main character. The gameplay and the interface must be easy to understand but not simplistic, in order to create an optimal immersion.

Capucine is based on four fundamental principles:

* Give life rather than take it.
* A unique gameplay element: the beam of light.
* Build your own path.
* The player creates his own enemies.
http://www.capucinethegame.com/public/index.php?l=eng&a=info

Another ICO?

[quote name='Kaijufan']Capucine looks like a Dreamcast game. I know the Wii can produce better visuals then that.[/quote]

It's made by a french dev team and might not see the light of day anyway.
From what I know (and that's a small ammount) they've been working on it for a pretty long time.

I think they may be going for a sort of Rez / Darwinia /Shadow of the Colossus look.

I won't really complain till it's out. If it ever is.

[quote name='MarioColbert']

Which games did you guys make?

[/quote]

PM me for more. I'll try to keep this thread on topic. ;)

Now see, I can appreciate those visuals.

Even though they're not the nicest looking, it just works.

Unlike say Godzilla, or other shovelware.
This game could suck however, but I like the look.

That's some nice artistic style.

bread's done
Back