The Star Trek III (Back from the Dead) Thread

It was great to see George Takei in Heroes. I was especially surprised to see him at the end of the season, I thought the one episode he did earlier in the season would be his only appearance this season.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Did everyone see this map posed on Digg? It's very impressive.[/QUOTE]

that's awesome... I always wonder where the hell everything was......now where can i buy one?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If Romulans and Vulcans are supposed to be related, why is Vulcan so far away?

Yes, I know, I'm a nerd.[/quote]

Didn't Vulcans have warp drive (or some form of it) long before anyone, but then lost it due to Civil War (when the "Romulans" left)? I think I remember hearing that somewhere, although I'm not sure if it's canon.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Did everyone see this map posed on Digg? It's very impressive.[/quote]

Nice. Too bad it isn't in hi-res. I wanna know where Risa is. :joystick:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Nice. Too bad it isn't in hi-res. I wanna know where Risa is. :joystick:[/quote]
It took me a little while, but I was able to find Risa. It's "south" of Earth and "east" of Cardassian territory, near the Briar Patch.

oh my god...... none of you have ST: Legacy for the PC (I know some of you have the 360 version)... like I said before some great mods are out there now that give you new ships to play around with INCLUDING THE DOMINION SHIPS!!

http://legacy.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Universe;79379

its too bad I can't find anyone to play with (because some people might not have the mod installed or installed correctly)

Tonight I sat down and watched Nemesis Again.

I hadn't seen it since it's initial release on DVD. I ended up double-dipping when I had every other Trek in the Grey 2-disk (and yellow TMP). I'm almost ashamed to say it's the only Trek I have two of.

It's still awful.

But the music is SO good. I got goosebumps a few times the Enterprise theme played, especially during the opening credits.

Too bad the movie wasn't as epic as the music.

[quote name='pacifickarma']To answer ITDEFX's question from the other thread: Robert Beltran.[/QUOTE]

and what question was that?!?!?!

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh my god...... none of you have ST: Legacy for the PC (I know some of you have the 360 version)... like I said before some great mods are out there now that give you new ships to play around with INCLUDING THE DOMINION SHIPS!!

http://legacy.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Universe;79379

its too bad I can't find anyone to play with (because some people might not have the mod installed or installed correctly)[/quote]
With mods like that coming out I may have to pick up the PC version.

[quote name='Kaijufan']With mods like that coming out I may have to pick up the PC version.[/QUOTE]

single player is a mess... but there is enough in the UU mod to keep you entertained for weeks. That mod allows you to recreate some amazing battles in the series including..

-The Dominion Wars
-The "Yesterday's Enterprise" battle from either the fighting point of view of the Enterprise D, C, or the attacking Klingons

-The battle from star trek: Nemesis!

and a boat load of other battles... some of them have like 80+ ships in the battle!! but it takes a shit load of cpu/gpu power so beaware of slow downs.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I hope they are smart and come in at about the $125-$150 range.

But it's Rick Berman and Paramount, who am I kidding?[/QUOTE]

Not a chance.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm still not paying $30 a season. Not when it's on 3-4 times a day for free.[/QUOTE]

well at least you didn't pay 700+ bucks for the series when it came out in 2002. At this point they should just dump it to HD/BR discs. I wonder how many episodes can they fit on one HD/BR disc? Or for that matter, is there any tv series on BR/HD Disc yet?

[quote name='ITDEFX']well at least you didn't pay 700+ bucks for the series when it came out in 2002. At this point they should just dump it to HD/BR discs. I wonder how many episodes can they fit on one HD/BR disc? Or for that matter, is there any tv series on BR/HD Disc yet?[/QUOTE]

Those, I would buy. That's why my buy price is so low, I don't want to buy it and the next day be told a new edition is coming out.

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be seeing much of an image upgrade regardless.

[quote name='Kaijufan']The TNG box set will have a SRP of $530. :roll:
Sometimes I really hate the morons at Paramount.
[/QUOTE]

the only reason why I would rebuy the series would be for convienance of the seasons on fewer discs via br/hd-dvd. It would be nice to have an entire season of TNG on 2 BR/HD discs instead of chugging 7 disc box sets around :(

[quote name='Kaijufan']The TNG box set will have a SRP of $530. :roll:
Sometimes I really hate the morons at Paramount.
[/quote]

Well if that is the suggested price there will be places that offere it for a lower price. That link you posted said DVDEmpire will sell in for $418. I'm sure Overstock and a few other places will try to get it at $399 or lower.

Depending on what the special features are it is hard to say if this will be better than what is available now.

It would be nice if they included some audio commentaries, since I've heard that the original TNG sets don't have any. Honestly how hard would it be to get the TNG actors to do a few commentaries? In the Arrested Development Season 3 DVD they did the commentaries over the phone, so they really should have a few commentaries on these. You could even pay the actors for their time.
Of course, if they do decide to do commentaries, they should limit it 2-4 people per commentary, and do a bunch of them instead of having the entire cast do a few commentaries.

[quote name='Kaijufan']It would be nice if they included some audio commentaries, since I've heard that the original TNG sets don't have any. Honestly how hard would it be to get the TNG actors to do a few commentaries? In the Arrested Development Season 3 DVD they did the commentaries over the phone, so they really should have a few commentaries on these. You could even pay the actors for their time.
Of course, if they do decide to do commentaries, they should limit it 2-4 people per commentary, and do a bunch of them instead of having the entire cast do a few commentaries.[/QUOTE]

with the money they charged when they first released it (over 100 bucks!!) you would think we would get commentaries on key or popular episodes. damn paramount. It was not until Enterprise when we finally got commentaries.

also what would attract people into a rebuying the sets would be not only for remastered episodes/new effects but to allow those (like me) who spent 700+ dollars a trade in program/ UPC cut out program and give us credit towards the purchase of the new sets :)

$300 is better, but I can't pull the trigger. Not when I don't have an HDTV yet, and absolutely don't have an HD/BR player.

I think I'll work on getting the TV first.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']$300 is better, but I can't pull the trigger. Not when I don't have an HDTV yet, and absolutely don't have an HD/BR player.

I think I'll work on getting the TV first.[/QUOTE]

not everyone has an HDTV yet... HDTV cable, HD/BR players are still to expensive and HD TV's not in every home. With the exception of the flat panel monitors for the computers we have no LCD tv's in the house.

Until that changes, I cannot afford it at this time.

At least I can borrow TNG seasons 1, 2, and 4 from my sister. She just had a baby yesterday so she isn't going to have time for them. Heh.

[quote name='ITDEFX']not everyone has an HDTV yet... HDTV cable, HD/BR players are still to expensive and HD TV's not in every home. With the exception of the flat panel monitors for the computers we have no LCD tv's in the house.

Until that changes, I cannot afford it at this time.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. Our 27" SDTV works just fine, except our other TV may be going out. So, I thought I'd take the plunge and buy a HDTV as a present to myself. $800 is a lot of bones when you don't have a job, though.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I hear that. Our 27" SDTV works just fine, except our other TV may be going out. So, I thought I'd take the plunge and buy a HDTV as a present to myself. $800 is a lot of bones when you don't have a job, though.[/quote]

My 27" SDTV is more than fine. 360 looks great, DVDs look good; I don't see the necessity in having an HDTV right now. $800 is a lot of scratch (to me) even with a job and a nice savings account.

Today is Tim Russ' birthday!

tuvok-1.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Tim_Russ

IMO, the Tuvok character is one of the two best in Voyager, with the EMH being the other. Tim Russ has played characters in TNG, DS9, Generations and Voyager. The Tuvok character has a prominent role in my favorite Star Trek game, Star Trek: Elite Force. All in all, his character has grown on me and is now one of my favorites in all of Trekdom.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Today is Tim Russ' birthday!

tuvok-1.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Tim_Russ

IMO, the Tuvok character is one of the two best in Voyager, with the EMH being the other. Tim Russ has played characters in TNG, DS9, Generations and Voyager. The Tuvok character has a prominent role in my favorite Star Trek game, Star Trek: Elite Force. All in all, his character has grown on me and is now one of my favorites in all of Trekdom.[/QUOTE]

not to sound racist, but I never got use to the idea of a BLACK vulcan.

[quote name='ITDEFX']not to sound racist, but I never got use to the idea of a BLACK vulcan.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like a black Klingon?

tos_klingon.jpg

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Kind of like a black Klingon?

tos_klingon.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that's a different matter, Klingons are suppose to have dark skin.

[quote name='ITDEFX']not to sound racist, but I never got use to the idea of a BLACK vulcan.[/quote]

Well, there are black Bajorans too. I can't recall if there are many more though. I think the fact that they are humanoids means that certain characteristics like hair, skin tone, number of fingers, or whatever may exist in other humanoids species. Remember the episode of TNG where a changeling looking creature told Picard, the Cadassian, Romulan, and Klingon that they all originate from the same thing.

Most races in Trek seem to have few if any variations (Ferengi for example), but there is some "human-like" diversity in others. I think it is more a limiation of trying to create diverse groups for so many aliens more than anything. The fact that all Ferengi are businessmen, all Klingons are warriors, and all Vulcan are pacifists is great for TV, but not realistic most of the time.

[quote name='ITDEFX']that's a different matter, Klingons are suppose to have dark skin.[/QUOTE]

My point is, I think that's a white guy.

you know, to this day, I still can't believe Leeta picked Rom over Dr. Zimmerman and Bashir!! good lord what the hell are there children going to look like?!?!?!

bread's done
Back