Glasses at a waterpark?

Zmonkay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Hey all, I'm hittin up a local water park with some buddies of mine in a couple days. Problem is, I where glasses, no contacts, and am blind as a bat (though not legally blind) without them.

Any suggestions? What do those of you with glasses do?

Where em?
Pocket em (though I can easily see them getting smashed or falling out)?
other?

Put them in a locker?

The water park will be a trip if you can't see what's going on.

Besides, it's not like you need skill or precision to ride down a slide.

You're gonna have to take those bitches off and convince one of your buddies to dye his hair pink so you can follow him around and you won't lose sight of him.

I say where em and get one of those elastic bands on the ear pieces. Keep something around that you can wipe them off with, and just deal with some blurryness. I wear glasses too and shit is ten times less fun when I don't have them on and can't see shit.

you should be fine at a water park, those slides arent that crazy. i wear mine on roller coasters all the time, they never fall off.

i did lose a pair of glasses last summer rafting down a river, but it was my own fault. we had been drinking a lot and it came down to trying to throw everyone off the boat. they were lost in the struggle. so if you think going to be wrestling anyone off watercraft on a body of water with a moving current that you cant dive down to the bottom in case they fall off, then no. as it is, youll be fine. you dont to miss the bikinis after all.

Okay guys, if you didn't know you MUST deflate your tubes before you go down the wicked slides. The more you deflate them the faster you go. Here @ Raging Waters I got air on a few slides doing that. When you're a few stories up it's scary ass shit leaving the safety of the slide for a few moments and when you hit the sldie again it hurts like hell but you will never have more fun than you do when you do that.

What water park is it? If it's a Cedar Fair owned water park they might be more strict since some Cedar Fair parks won't let you wear glasses on certain coasters. For example, I always wear a shirt at waterparks and they wouldn't let me on any slides, not just body slides but ones that you sat in an innertube for yet at non Cedar Fair parks, I have never been told that.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep em coming.

If it makes any difference, as YoshiFan1 said it might, it's 6 Flags Great America in Gurnee Illinois

Definitely go for the locker if you can. I wore glasses as a kid, my vision (fortunately) corrected itself as I grew older. I believe I'd either leave them at home, in the car or give them to my mom as a kid :lol:. I'd go for the locker option though.

Why not just wear them while you can (waiting in line, sitting in place or few places in the water, or out of the water), and then when you move around rapidly, go under water, or on a slide, just hold them and wait till you stop again.

i'd probably just wear them as i'm also pretty blind without my own glasses. just keep one hand on them and the other on your little raft thing.

[quote name='triforcer']i'd probably just wear them as i'm also pretty blind without my own glasses. just keep one hand on them and the other on your little raft thing.[/quote]

Could get one of those sports strap things for the back like Kurt Rambis!

46c.jpg

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Could get one of those sports strap things for the back like Kurt Rambis![/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking about something along those lines. I'm gonna hit up the mall tomorrow to see if I can find one cheap somewhere.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep em coming.

If it makes any difference, as YoshiFan1 said it might, it's 6 Flags Great America in Gurnee Illinois[/QUOTE]When I saw you lived in Chicago, I figured that's where it was. I wish I could go there right now (I went there 8 years ago).

Good thing I don't wear glasses (although my vision is getting worse). Now that discourages me from getting them, since I'd love to enjoy water rides.

I heard that the PS3 can help fix your eye problems.
[quote name='The Mana Knight']Good thing I don't wear glasses (although my vision is getting worse). Now that discourages me from getting them, since I'd love to enjoy water rides.[/quote]

Lol, this thread gets the top result on google. Looking back at this thread, with the high percentage of CAG members wearing glasses, I would think some would have known a solution for glasses at a water park.

[quote name='naes']I heard that the PS3 can help fix your eye problems.[/QUOTE]Uh, no.

I did a search, and it seems like the best option is to where contacts, from those who have bad vision and are going to a waterpark:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070721105233AAmtI2x

So they don't float, seems like its the best to wear goggles over contacts or keep your eyes closed under water.

When looking at Hurricane Harbor's site (at Six Flags Great America):
WATER PARK RULES

Children should not be left unattended
Height, weight, and health restrictions are strictly enforced
Non-swimmers must be accompanied by an adult who can swim
Casts are not allowed on slides, or most attractions
Do not wear eyeglasses
or jewelry in pools, as they may not be retrievable if lost during operation
Face masks are not allowed
Running or diving is not allowed anywhere in the waterpark
There is no smoking, except in designated areas at the Tiki Bar and at Treasure Chest
Capacity is limited, so the park may not be available to all guests during peak times

APPROPRIATE ATTIRE

In order to participate in waterpark activities, guests must wear lined swimsuits. Street clothes, cut-off shorts, denim shorts or athletic clothing is not allowed in any water areas. In addition, swimwear with buttons, snaps, rivets or zippers is not allowed.

Shoes are not allowed in any attraction
Aqua socks are not permitted on slides
Infants' diapers may be changed in restroom changing stations only
Toddlers are required to wear swim diapers
Swimsuits are only allowed in Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, and must be appropriate for our family environment
Shoes, proper shorts and cover-up attire is required when returning to the theme park
http://www.sixflags.com/greatAmerica/rideswaterpark/WaterParkInformation.aspx

Some water parks just said eyeglasses weren't allowed in general.

I wore my glasses one time when I went to a water park. Yeah.... Water made the inside of my frames slick and I lost a lens. What a horrifying experience. If you had more time buying generic prescription goggles are around $30 and are very good depending on the company.

Be especially careful if you are wearing half frame glasses that have a clear plastic thread holding the remaining half. I think they are more prone to falling out because of the lack of physical material holding it in.

I would get the Prescription Goggles but if that is too expensive for you then just wear your glasses. I have been to that same water park and none of there rides were all that extreme that you might loose your glasses.

I wore them to Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon at Disney World. I just kept them on unless a dick employee told me to take them off, in which case I held them.

[quote name='darthbudge']I would get the Prescription Goggles but if that is too expensive for you then just wear your glasses. I have been to that same water park and none of there rides were all that extreme that you might loose your glasses.[/quote]

Man, I don't know what kind of waterslides you guys go on, but I can go down the tamest of slides and somehow manage to clunk my head on the slide as I fly out of my tube, then spend the rest of the ride trying to crawl down the slide fast enough so the person behind me doesn't smash me.

Well, got back today, and it went great. Ended up wearing some trunks I forgot I had that have a sipper pocket. Any time in the water or about to go down a tube, in the zipper they went. I'm rediculously nearsighted, so without em, I woulda easily lost track of my group amongst the crowds. I have to pair near the same perscription, so I just wore my old pair with the knowledge that if they broke, no harm no foul.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Well, got back today, and it went great. Ended up wearing some trunks I forgot I had that have a sipper pocket. Any time in the water or about to go down a tube, in the zipper they went. I'm rediculously nearsighted, so without em, I woulda easily lost track of my group amongst the crowds. I have to pair near the same perscription, so I just wore my old pair with the knowledge that if they broke, no harm no foul.

Thanks to all for suggestions.[/QUOTE]That's good it worked out. I'll tell others who ask the same thing, that's the best thing to do. ;)

It's cool you have such wonderful friends to invite you to a water park (I don't, but that's another story and don't want to de-rail this thread).

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hey all, I'm hittin up a local water park with some buddies of mine in a couple days. Problem is, I where glasses, no contacts, and am blind as a bat (though not legally blind) without them.

Any suggestions? What do those of you with glasses do?

Where em?
Pocket em (though I can easily see them getting smashed or falling out)?
other?[/QUOTE]

It's wear not where.

I wear prescription swim goggles when I go to a water park or do any sort of swimming. While you won't be able to get a pair in time for this particular outing I recommend you get a pair for future use.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That's good it worked out. I'll tell others who ask the same thing, that's the best thing to do. ;)

It's cool you have such wonderful friends to invite you to a water park (I don't, but that's another story and don't want to de-rail this thread).[/QUOTE]

Uh no, prescription goggles are the best option. See as well as you do with your glasses plus see perfectly underwater and they don't come off easily at all. My pair is like the type of goggles Olympic swimmers wear.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Uh no, prescription goggles are the best option. See as well as you do with your glasses plus see perfectly underwater and they don't come off easily at all. My pair is like the type of goggles Olympic swimmers wear.[/QUOTE]Well, there are some who may go out to a water park maybe once or twice a year (rarely ever). If that's the case, then I'm not sure if getting prescription goggles is the best option. I'm not too familiar with the price of lenses, but I believe they aren't cheap.

bread's done
Back