[canada] 360 Price Drop Confirmed for august: FS

ennervate

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
the xbox 360 should be dropping in price by early august, according to a Microsoft rep I just spoke to. The price drop seems to be coinciding with the release of games like Madden 08 and Bioshock, not to mention the pending release of Halo 3 and GTA IV.

If the X360 drops its price by:

$100: Sales will skyrocket.
$75 : Sales will rocket.
$50 : Sales will rock.
$25 : Sales will rock next to nothing.
$0 : Sales will rock utter shit.

It's supposed to mirror the price drop in the states, so it should be a $50 drop, just like when the ps3 dropped $150 in the states, it dropped $150 in Canada.

[quote name='ennervate']It's supposed to mirror the price drop in the states, so it should be a $50 drop, just like when the ps3 dropped $150 in the states, it dropped $150 in Canada.[/quote]

But the PS3 was priced correctly from the start, unlike the 360 >.>;

[quote name='imcrazy']And you guys scoffed when I posted that a price drop was coming....[/quote]

well you are crazy.

[quote name='imcrazy']And you guys scoffed when I posted that a price drop was coming....[/quote]

Nobody believes people in Winnipeg =(

Until the Premium drops to around $375 CDN, I'm keeping my money in my wallet. Then again, I'm also waiting until the 65n systems show up.

lol @ this topic.

A $50 price drop is nothing. Premium for $450 is still overpriced IMO, especially with the horrible stability of the 360s.

Dropping the Premium to $400 and the Core to $300 would really give Nintendo a run for its money. But since the PS3 is going back up to $700, Microsoft can keep their middle ground.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']lol @ this topic.

A $50 price drop is nothing. Premium for $450 is still overpriced IMO, especially with the horrible stability of the 360s.

Dropping the Premium to $400 and the Core to $300 would really give Nintendo a run for its money. But since the PS3 is going back up to $700, Microsoft can keep their middle ground.[/quote]

That is what I was thinking. Sales will probably increase marginally with the $50 price drop; it will not make a significant difference on sales. Additionally, you would think that with all the problems raping current 360 owners such as heatsink problems, that Microsoft would take notice and give potential buyers some leeway. If the new 35n chip was coming out in August, then the $50 price drop would be worth the purchase.

But, Halo 3 and GTAIV and Mass Effect and etc. etc. are upcoming releases, so I don't know if the meagre $50 drop is a revenue opitimization thing for Microsoft.

i got my ps3 for 450, was debating between the 360 and the ps3, ended up going for the more expensive route to avoid getting a faulty 360 and have to send it back and all that, plus i like my online gaming free
my friends have some 360s and they seem fine but i dont want to deal with the possibility

might grab a 360 later when its cheaper, saw a lot of refurbs on ebay for ~250?

It better be $360-370 here due to the exchange rate. If it's $400 then their damn well be at least 1 game thrown in their (and no live unpluged dosn't count) to make up the difference.

[quote name='gamer602']It should be 379.99 in canada.[/quote]

I'll be very happy if the premium is 400$, but I highly doubt it will be 380$

Unfortunately it's not as simple as just doing an exchange rate convertion, because there's some added cost when selling here (delivery, laws, taxes, etc)..

Unless Microsoft really wants to push the console in Canada, i won't be surprised to see 429.99$CAN for the premium.

On another note, what if I buy a bundle at FutureShop/Bestbuy with 3-4 games, then a price drop occur within 30 days on the barebone-system, how do they calculate the refund I should get (if any) ?

[quote name='kimphamg']I'll be very happy if the premium is 400$, but I highly doubt it will be 380$

Unfortunately it's not as simple as just doing an exchange rate convertion, because there's some added cost when selling here (delivery, laws, taxes, etc)..

Unless Microsoft really wants to push the console in Canada, i won't be surprised to see 429.99$CAN for the premium.

On another note, what if I buy a bundle at FutureShop/Bestbuy with 3-4 games, then a price drop occur within 30 days on the barebone-system, how do they calculate the refund I should get (if any) ?[/quote]

Simple, they would force you to return the games, and do a price match.

[quote name='BoggyP']Does anyone actually know what the price will be in Canada yet?[/quote]

I would guess 349$, 429$, 499$

[quote name='BoggyP']biggest.....rip-off.....ever.[/quote]

:D Well i know it's not the best price cut ever but it's not official, i'm just estimating what it could be...

on the other hand, if you want the xbox 360 so bad, just get it when it drops in price and enjoy it.. it's not like 30$ more than you expected will burn a hole in your wallet, it's like saying a 65$ game is a much better deal than a 70$ game..

[quote name='ennervate']It's supposed to mirror the price drop in the states, so it should be a $50 drop, just like when the ps3 dropped $150 in the states, it dropped $150 in Canada.[/quote]

Actually the PS3 dropped $100 in the US and $150 in Canada

I don't know. I want to buy an X360 with the 65nm chips so, you know, it doesn't RRoD when I turn the system on for the first time to configure my precious date and time.

400 is a very damn good price. I don't give a damn aobut racing games so i'd have to add an extra 60 dollars for a new game,but its still well worth it...i'm still debating if I should get this or a psp though.

[quote name='ussjme']400 is a very damn good price. I don't give a damn aobut racing games so i'd have to add an extra 60 dollars for a new game,but its still well worth it...i'm still debating if I should get this or a psp though.[/quote]

Why is it even a debate?

Halo 3, BioShock, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise, etc. etc.

However, I still encourage you to get the PSP if you still have some cash left over. It has a solid library thanks to titles such as Wipeout Pure, Killzone, Loco Roco, Metal Gear Solid, Burnout Legends/Dominator, GTA: LCS and VCS, Hot Shots: OT, Lumines I/II, Medal of Honor, etc. etc.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Why is it even a debate?

Halo 3, BioShock, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise, etc. etc.

However, I still encourage you to get the PSP if you still have some cash left over. It has a solid library thanks to titles such as Wipeout Pure, Killzone, Loco Roco, Metal Gear Solid, Burnout Legends/Dominator, GTA: LCS and VCS, Hot Shots: OT, Lumines I/II, Medal of Honor, etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

I agree, the 360 and PSP are my two faves and we have every current console and handheld. The next six months are the golden age of the 360 IMO.

Although, other than Gears of War I find 360 games to be pretty ugly. Forza 2's race cars are horrible up close - the textures look like they came right out of MS Paint. Brutal. Compare to the Celica rally car in GT HD. GT HD looks way better than F2 damage or no.

I think by this time next year the 360 is going to look last gen. It is DC mark II. For the record I loved (and still love) the Dreamcast.

[quote name='scary perry'] For the record I loved (and still love) the Dreamcast.[/quote]

You are not alone.

Soul Caliber, MvC2, NBA 2K2, Sonic 1 and 2 (The last best games of the series thus far), SanFran Rush, Hydro Thunder, Power Stone, Crazy Taxi.

DC looked like an excellent system. It pioneered and paved the way for future gaming developments in the industry.

DAMN YOU PS2. YOU KILLED YOUNG DREAMCAST.

The rest of the year is awesome for my systems (DS, Wii, 360)

DS: Phoenix Wright 3, Zelda: PH
Wii: Smash, Metroid Prime 3, Smash, Mario Galaxy, Smash
360: Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, maybe Blue Dragon

Did I mention Smash?
Since Smash comes out this year!
December 3rd is Smash day!!!

I have Mondays off too =D And Monday December 3rd is my last day of school. I am so happyyyy

Smash!

looks like fire has smash fever, but thats to be expected, who DOESN'T have the disease O_O!?

back on topic, price drop is definitely going to help the 360 sales, i already grabbed one at $250 from my uncle or else i'd probably jump on this, one of the best purchases i've ever made, would be even better if i had TIME to play the fuggin thing >

360 is not that bad but i have only had mine since March so cant really tell but i only play for 6hrs tops then stop let it cool down because it gets hot as hell lol

but games im looking forward to is

Halo3
Mass Effect
BioShock
and others but might need rental first

also i have a PS3 so dont count that out like a guy above did for titles between now and the holiday

warhawk
lair
heavenly sword
Ratchet clank tools of destruction
Drake's Fortune
Folklore
UT3(timed exclusive)
Haze(timed exclusive)

------------------------------------------------------------
because i cant make a signature yet here a list of what i have

26" Samsung - GAP Member
PS3 - RFOM,FNR3,ES4,Motorstorm,Warhawk Beta