Any good games for Sega Genesis?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here's a list of all games:
http://www.videogamecritic.net/gentz.htm
These are what I see are good (so far)
World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck (Sega 1992)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]X-Men (Sega 1993)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]X-Men 2: Clone Wars (Sega 1997)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Young Indiana Jones (Sega 1994)[/FONT]

[quote name='Tsukento']Streets of fucking Rage 2[/quote]

DAMN RIGHT, that game is pure excellence in a cartridge. A cartridge that will kick you in the fucking face.

Also check out Golden Axe, Sword of Vermillion, Gunstar Heroes, the Ecco the Dolphin series and X-men 2.

Simple list? The Phantasy Stars, the Shining Forces, the Sonics excluding pinball, The Mutant League, Skitchin, The Streets of Rages, The Eccos, The Gunstar Heroes, Boogerman, The Contra and Castlevania games. That's a good place to start. Also get Comix Zone.

Some quick personal faves:
Shining Force
King's Bounty
Sonic 1 and 2
Streets of Rage 1 and 2
Golden Axe 1 and 2
Alien Storm
Gaires
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Beyond Oasis
Toejam & Earl
Haunting starring Polterguy
Hardball 3
NBA Live 96

Phantasy Star IV's a definate good one, but I wouldn't recommend buying it for Genesis. Mainly because you're gonna dish out an arm and a leg for it. Might as well just buy Sega Genesis Collection on PS2 or PSP. You at least get all the Genesis Phantasy Stars on there. :D

My favorite will always be Shinobi II, the Revenge of Shinobi - sometimes frustrating because there is a lot of jumping at times, great if you could beat the last boss. Godzilla is in it; the ninja magic in this game is awesome.

Since no one else mentioned it and it's not a very well known game, but

SKITCHIN'

That game kicks ass. It's skating and bitching, (actual skating and hitching). It's road rash (also a good game) where you skate and grab onto passing cars bumpers and hitch a ride. If they see you they'll stop, so you have to keep low. You can also fight the other skaters. It's a great game.

[quote name='Sideshow']Since no one else mentioned it and it's not a very well known game, but

SKITCHIN'

That game kicks ass. It's skating and bitching, (actual skating and hitching). It's road rash (also a good game) where you skate and grab onto passing cars bumpers and hitch a ride. If they see you they'll stop, so you have to keep low. You can also fight the other skaters. It's a great game.[/QUOTE]
I owned that back in the day (cheap-ass price even then). It was a decent Road Rash derivative. The metal soundtrack was kind of cool.

I had amazing time with Phantasy Star 2 and years later part 4.

The crown of the genesis though goes to LANDSTALKER in my opinion and alot of gaf users state this as well. Heavens the development team tried numerous times to make worthy repeat of this classic and never did.

landstalker
beyond oasis
streets of rage 2,3
T2 judgement day(not the arcade version)
the haunting
Eternal champions
home alone
sonic series
strike series

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']landstalker
beyond oasis
streets of rage 2,3
T2 judgement day(not the arcade version)
the haunting
Eternal champions
home alone
sonic series
strike series[/QUOTE]
Home Alone? Seriously? I played the SNES version when it was new-ish, and it was pretty darn bad. You sure you just didn't like it back then because you were, like, 4 years old? The rest of your picks are solid, though.

Games that havent been mentioned yet,
Warsong
General Chaos
Streets of Rage 3
Shinobi III
Shadow Dancer
Ristar
Thunderforce III
Thunderforce IV
Eternal Champions

Gunstar Heroes.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Spg-P5NhaGA[/media]

General Chaos

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_aUBiCAm_H4[/media]

Contra Hard Corps

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pslQIzqjCS0[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Tsukento']Why is Vectorman not on that list, Paco?[/quote]

Honestly, I'm not too much of a fan of Vectorman. I only played the first one. I can tell that Sega put a lot of work into it, but it doesn't really touch me the way their other games do.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I owned that back in the day (cheap-ass price even then). It was a decent Road Rash derivative. The metal soundtrack was kind of cool.[/quote]

Tell me that wasn't the coolest Road Rash ripoff ever.

[quote name='Sideshow']Tell me that wasn't the coolest Road Rash ripoff ever.[/QUOTE]
You mean there were others? Oh yeah, ESPN Xtreme Games for PlayStation. Skitchin' was way better than that. Maybe not so much compared to bikes-only races in MotorStorm.

[quote name='Paco']am I the only one that thought Skitchin was better then Road Rash?[/quote]

No, in my opinion, skitchin' was second only to Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

My short list:

Cool Spot(didn't see this mentioned in this thread yet)

WWF Royal Rumble(you can win the Rumble by simply throwing your opponents into the opposite ropes and hip tossing them out)

General Chaos(I had 2 copies of this at one point, traded/sold both, still looking for it for cheap to buy back)

Are there good games on the Genesis? Are you kidding me?
Streets of Rage 1-3
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
Sonic 1-3 + Knuckles
Alter Beast
Earthworm Jim
Boogerman
Cool Spot
Road Rash 1 & 2
Skitchin' (Probably the only good roller blading game ever, forget Jet Set Radio)
Wonderboy
Phantasy Star
Shining Force
Landstalker
Shadow Run (Makes the new one look like a crappy Super Mario 2 compared to this)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Splatterhouse
Kid Chameleon
Beyond Oasis (Makes Prince of Persia look like Prince of Paris)
NHL 94 & 95 (I hated Hockey and loved these)
Vectorman
Super Shinobi and Shinobi 3 (3 was awesome, way more moves)
Toejam and Earl
Gunstar Heroes
Soldiers of Fortune
Strider
Comix Zone (Absolutely amazing)

Tsh, "Are there any good Genesis games" spoken like a true SNES fanboy! :D Jk with you, but yes, as you can see from my list, I was quite the Genesis lover.

Add Boogerman to my list from earlier, which I just found cart only today at a flea market. The guy selling it wanted $3 for it, but I CIF'd for $2. :whistle2:D While not as great a deal as getting it for nothing or $1, I'm happy, since this is another game I HAD which I wanted to grab back again.

Now, if only I could find a copy of General Chaos for Genny, then I might be happy.

some more quality sidescrollers off the top of my head:

-James Pond 3 (super mario world's equal i think)
-decap attack
-Rocket Knight Adventures
-Bubsy
-Battletoads/Double Dragon (great 2-player unless your partner isn't hardcore)
-Aladdin
-The Lion King

Is it just me or is it hard so separate what is really a good game vs. just what I have good memories of because I was young and every game was fun back then?

I was always quite fond of Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars. It was a bunch of sports games, like bowling, soccer, basketball, running race and some mini games. I used to always rent it, and had a hard time finding it in stores, but came across it once at KB Toys. I still pull it out once in a while and play it.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Home Alone? Seriously? I played the SNES version when it was new-ish, and it was pretty darn bad. You sure you just didn't like it back then because you were, like, 4 years old? The rest of your picks are solid, though.[/quote]home alone for genesis and home alone for snes are two different games Home alone for genesis rocks home alone for snes sucks. Shadowrun is a great game to pick up if you can find it.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']home alone for genesis and home alone for snes are two different games Home alone for genesis rocks home alone for snes sucks. Shadowrun is a great game to pick up if you can find it.[/QUOTE]
Strange. Thanks for enlightening me. It's even inspiring me to make a new thread!

Another good movie games comparison.

Ghostbusters on NES, Master System and Atari 2600 = AWFUL
Ghostbusters on Genesis = Awesome

Why? Because the first three systems tried to be the same game on different platforms. The game itself was god awful for several reasons.

The Genesis version, however, tried being a different type of Ghostbusters game that involved shooting the crap out of ghosts in a typical platformer fashion. And it sure as hell had more than one song on it that wasn't the Ghostbusters theme.

[quote name='Tsukento']Another good movie games comparison.

Ghostbusters on NES, Master System and Atari 2600 = AWFUL
Ghostbusters on Genesis = Awesome

Why? Because the first three systems tried to be the same game on different platforms. The game itself was god awful for several reasons.

The Genesis version, however, tried being a different type of Ghostbusters game that involved shooting the crap out of ghosts in a typical platformer fashion. And it sure as hell had more than one song on it that wasn't the Ghostbusters theme.[/quote]
Oh man i forgot about Ghostbusters for Genesis. That game was awesome.

MOTHERfuckING M.U.S.H.A.!!!!! this game is awesome shooter. probably the best shooter on Genesis. it sells for ~30 bucks on ebay which is a pretty steep price for a genesis game.

bread's done
Back