CAGiversary!
Feedback
78 (100%)
(Homepage)

(LionGames.com FAQ)

(Old Threads)

Current Deals

The Roaring Discount Card.

I would like to formally introduce to you the Roaring Discount Card. The card Cost $25.00 for the year and it entitles you to a 10% discount on all new games. The good news about this is Liongames always tries to bring you the best games at the best prices. The most important games will most likely start out under retail in the first place. When you stack your roaring discount to the already Liongames low price you will be getting the best games right at or below my cost. By buying the card you won’t have to hunt for deals across the net, you will only need to come to Liongames.com to buy games right at dealer cost. On top of the 10% discount, roaring card members will also be able to take advantage of some trade in specials that will stack with your discount. When you decide to buy the card, please put it in the card in the shopping cart all by itself and complete the transaction. This will automatically set your account up for your 10% discount on all your new game purchases for an entire year. Follow this link to buy your card. You may have to copy and paste it in your browser. http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/ses_/details.cfm,show,x,2,x,DC_10,x,x,x/Roaring Discount Card

New Specials

Now that you have your card I am sure you want to try it out and buy some great games at my cost. These first two specials will actually be below my cost. How about Burnout Paradise for the 360 and PS3? My low starting cost of $55.99 is already 7% below retail. After you get your roaring card discount you can buy the game for $50.39. Not only that, I am also going to do a trade in bonus with this title that will stack with your discount. If you trade in one game with a value of $10 or more you will get $5.00 off your new game. If you trade in 2 games you will get $10 dollars off, and if you trade in 3 games you will get $15.00 off your new game game. This adds up to a great savings. How will this work? You will add Burnout to your cart. Then you will add your trade ins to your cart also. If you have 1 trade in, you will punch in 1Trade in the coupon code box, 2Trades if you have 2 trade ins, and 3Trades if you have 3 trade ins. This will automatically deduct $5, $10, or $15 respectfully from your invoice. That means you can get Burnout Paradise for less then $37.00 brand new with 3 trades in. This deal will only be good for Roaring Card Discount members. Non Members can still pay $55.99 which isn’t a bad price at all. Here are the links for Burnout Paradise.
XBOX 360

http://www.liongames.com/default.cf...turnpage=list.cfm&makeid=&modelid=&modelyear=

PS3

http://www.liongames.com/default.cf...turnpage=list.cfm&makeid=&modelid=&modelyear=

We don’t want to stop at one game so how about Turok as another great special? The starting price for Turok is only $53.99 so Roaring Discount Members will pay only $48.59 for their game on either system. I am even going to allow the trade in bonus with Turok also. Once again this trade in special is for card members only and trades must be at least $10 each in value. The same coupon code will apply here as well as for Burnout.
The bottom price will be about $35 and the bonus you will receive here will just about pay for your Roaring Discount Card. Here are the links for Turok. Once again you may have to copy and paste them in your browser.

XBOX 360

PS3

New Cancellation policy

I have a new cancellation policy that is already in affect. You may cancel an order for no charge as longs as the order isn’t older then 60 days old, and it is at least 2 weeks before street date. All orders older then 60 days old and within 2 weeks of street date or after street date will be subject to a $10 charge. The reason for this is two fold. First I have to pay processing fees on all orders once they reach 60 days old. Secondly way too many people have cancelled right around street date. I have to order my product about 30 days in advance in order to be guaranteed that I get as many as I want. Once that product is shipped, I cannot return it. Once street date arrives it is harder for me to sell this product and I have a better chance of getting stuck with it after street date. These are the reasons for this policy. Once again if you decide to cancel early enough you won’t be charged.

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS

I read some of the Black Friday specials from the other guys and I can say I am not impressed with there titles. I am going to offer a limited selection of brand new Mass Effects for $44.99 I have about 8 Halo 3’s for the same price. To gets these prices anyone can use the coupon code blackfridayhalo for Halo 3, and blackfridaymass for Mass Effect.

I am also going to offer $5.00 off all used games on Black Friday. Use coupon code blackfriday1used if you are buying one game, blackfriday2used if you are buying 2 used games, and blackfriday3used if you are buying 3 used games. You will get $5.00 off for each used game you buy. Please keep in mind you can only used 1 coupon code per invoice. So if you are buying both halo 3 and mass Effect you will have to do 2 separate invoices. The same holds true if you are buying some used games and Halo or Mass effect. I would say be quick with these Black Friday specials. It starts Midnight on Thanksgiving.

The Holidays are upon us.

First of all I would like to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all enjoyed your day. The holidays are always a fun time of the year for me. For some people they are often very hard times. Find it in your hearts to reach out to someone and make their day over the coming month. I like going in to my church, and pulling a star off the tree, with some child’s name on it whose parents cant afford presents, and filling a few of those gifts. It is a fun way to give, and it makes you feel really good to help out people you don’t even know.

I hope to see you all soon. Thanks once again for being my customers.

Tony

The Roarring Discount Card

This card entitles you to a 10% discount off new game prices for one full year from date of purchase. This card will also entitle you to special trade in bonuses on certain games

NOTE:
You must purchase this card separately and prior to other purchases to receive your discount

(This is a virtual card, you will not receive one in the mail)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/ses_/details.cfm,show,x,2,x,DC_10,x,x,x/Roaring Discount Card

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STREET DATED AND NON STREET TITLES?
The main difference is the ship date. My distributor gets street dated titles such as Halo 3 early enough to send them to me either on street date or even a day before street date. In short Street dated titles will ship no later then street date. Non Street dated titles such as Orange Box ship 2 days after release date. The reason for this is my distributor doesn’t get his product until release date, not even a day early. I am a 2 day ship away from him. I received many emails this week wondering why Orange Box wasn’t shipping on Wednesday or Thursday. That is the reason why. It came out Wednesday and I got my product on Friday. I don’t agree with non street dated titles. I think all titles should be street dated, but it seems many of the gaming companies don’t want to make the effort to get the games into distributors hands a few days early, so ALL RETAILERS can get the games by release date. I think it is dumb but I can’t change the world.

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]

New Cancellation Policy
I have a new cancellation policy that is already in affect. You may cancel an order for no charge as longs as the order isn’t older then 60 days old, and it is at least 2 weeks before street date. All orders older then 60 days old and within 2 weeks of street date or after street date will be subject to a $10 charge. The reason for this is two fold. First I have to pay processing fees on all orders once they reach 60 days old. Secondly way too many people have cancelled right around street date. I have to order my product about 30 days in advance in order to be guaranteed that I get as many as I want. Once that product is shipped, I cannot return it. Once street date arrives it is harder for me to sell this product and I have a better chance of getting stuck with it after street date. These are the reasons for this policy. Once again if you decide to cancel early enough you won’t be charged.

How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. Ships staight from his distributor. About 2 days. This is good for games that are not street dated. You will recieve them on the same day Tony gets his shipment in
*If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrades to priority.* First game for first class is $5.00 and $6.50 for priority, each additional game is now only $2.50 extra. So three used games is now $10 instead of $15.00.

When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes. Non Street Dated titles usually ship out a day or more later. It really depends on when his distributer gets it to him

When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you make your purchase better.

How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax except in CT. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth at least $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings. The deals aren't always as good as Halo 3 for $39.99 or GTA 4 for $42.99. But you are guarenteed to save some money if you are willing to wait.

Where does Tony ship from?
Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money.

Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com
LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

An example of a trade-in scenario:
Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

How do I upgrade my shipping?
If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me(Tony) $1.50 to [email protected]. Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Do I have to pay the full amount right away when a game(s) is/are preordered?
Yes. Unless the game has the option for a $10 deposit everything must be payed upfront.

Thanks to those that helped with this FAQ and of course Tony for his great deals and customer service

Something needs to be done about the organization in the used games section of the site before I consider ordering used games from Liongames.

There's no way anyone would want to browse through pages of stuff that isn't in stock just to see what few used games there are. Filters would be nice. Even on the front page, every system is just lumped together alphabetically. That's the main thing I'd like to see change about the site.

edit: the prices are great though. If I could search, it would be one of the first places I'd check for a used game online.

[quote name='Apossum']Something needs to be done about the organization in the used games section of the site before I consider ordering used games from Liongames.

There's no way anyone would want to browse through pages of stuff that isn't in stock just to see what few used games there are. Filters would be nice. Even on the front page, every system is just lumped together alphabetically. That's the main thing I'd like to see change about the site.

edit: the prices are great though. If I could search, it would be one of the first places I'd check for a used game online.[/quote]

On the front page their is a big button or icon that says buy used games. you click on that and you get the platform you want to choose from. let say you select 360 then select all genres and the site will only show games from a to z that we have used in stock. I think yuo can jump by letter from that page also. On the front page most used games appear and yes they are lumped together. I just added a two worlds collectors edition today for 49.99

Perhaps you could have your web guys sort used games by system first and then alphabetically on the front page. Just an idea. That way it won't seem so random (people may want to see system-specific games in general more than knowing a title they already want - go for the impulse buys! =) although it is already alphabetically sorted, but across all systems. I do actually like seeing a whole lot at one time on the front though - I feel I'm more likely to have something catch my eye when I'm browsing through it. But perhaps a slightly different organization would be nice. Then again, maybe you do better having it all alphabetically to pick up orders from those who know what they want. Your call of course :) Cheers Tony!

[quote name='liongames']On the front page their is a big button or icon that says buy used games. you click on that and you get the platform you want to choose from. let say you select 360 then select all genres and the site will only show games from a to z that we have used in stock. I think yuo can jump by letter from that page also. On the front page most used games appear and yes they are lumped together. I just added a two worlds collectors edition today for 49.99[/quote]

You still forgot to mention sales tax on CT customers slickkill.

Otherwise nice new thread. Liongames, Familyvideo and Amazon are the only three main sites I shop on online.

[quote name='liongames']On the front page their is a big button or icon that says buy used games. you click on that and you get the platform you want to choose from. let say you select 360 then select all genres and the site will only show games from a to z that we have used in stock. I think yuo can jump by letter from that page also. On the front page most used games appear and yes they are lumped together. I just added a two worlds collectors edition today for 49.99[/QUOTE]

it does look better in the current gen systems. It was the PS2 section that scared me off ;)

[quote name='wasabi_']Am I the only one still without Bioshock?[/quote]

I saw one other guy that did not get still posting, you will get it soon I hope. I got mine yesterday.

[quote name='wasabi_']Am I the only one still without Bioshock?[/quote]

Email me your info so I can keep tabs on your delivery please.

Tony I just ordered your copy of Two Worlds Collectors Edition. Does it include all of the originals items a new copy would have?

I just barely got my Bioshock--it got hung up (again!) due to my moving before it got to me. If the USPS had actually delivered on schedule (as opposed to 2 weeks later), it wouldn't have been a problem.

At least I got it. Thank you, Tony. I will send you an email regarding my currect preorders and the new address they will need to be sent to.

made my first order on halo 3 today. i don't really like halo but its a game i'm gonna buy anyways so I might as well get the best deal possible. Unloaded my unplayed games on the deal so its all good in the hood.

[quote name='nuugatman']Tony I just ordered your copy of Two Worlds Collectors Edition. Does it include all of the originals items a new copy would have?[/quote]

Yes it does. Cant go wrong with that deal.

[quote name='wasabi_']Am I the only one still without Bioshock?[/QUOTE]
I'm without mine still, but the used game I order last weekend came so I know not everything gets lost. :p

(I'll send you an email too tony)

[quote name='Robman62']will you be holding another gta 4 preorder deal??? seeing as it is gonna be a long wait[/QUOTE]

i believe he already said no

[quote name='george21000']i believe he already said no[/quote]

well i guess i missed that in the other 50 page post that i was planning on waisting my time reading....but thanks for the answer

Um, is the site having troubles? I'm trying to pay off my Orange Box pre-order but it won't let me go through the Paypal payment process. The Paypal site works fine for me in another tab, but when I try and go through Liongames it won't let me sign into my Paypal account.

EDIT: Okay, well it worked fine now. Ignore me.

Another day gone, and still no Bioshock. It has been over 3 weeks now. I do have to give Tony credit though, he upgraded shipping for free on two other of my orders.

But really, over 3 weeks? Cmon, this is redicoulous. I completely lost any desire to play this game due to this fiasco, every day checking the mail hoping it came only to be dissapointed. My memories of Bioshock will always be the game that I pre-ordered months in advance and recieve a month(s) after shipping.

[quote name='Cable387']Um, is the site having troubles? I'm trying to pay off my Orange Box pre-order but it won't let me go through the Paypal payment process. The Paypal site works fine for me in another tab, but when I try and go through Liongames it won't let me sign into my Paypal account.

EDIT: Okay, well it worked fine now. Ignore me.[/QUOTE]

How do you pre-order games..and then go back and make payments on them??????

[quote name='lilboo']How do you pre-order games..and then go back and make payments on them??????[/quote]

Sometimes Tony runs specials where you only have to put down a $10 deposit on a game; the balance then has to be payed by about 2 weeks before shipping.

[quote name='wasabi_']Another day gone, and still no Bioshock. It has been over 3 weeks now. I do have to give Tony credit though, he upgraded shipping for free on two other of my orders.

But really, over 3 weeks? Cmon, this is redicoulous. I completely lost any desire to play this game due to this fiasco, every day checking the mail hoping it came only to be dissapointed. My memories of Bioshock will always be the game that I pre-ordered months in advance and recieve a month(s) after shipping.[/quote]

I know this is a PITA but why don't you just go buy it at walmart, target, etc. and return the unopened one from tony when it finally arrives? Shady? Yes, but at least it will alleviate the issue.

Heres the whole email

September Specials

I decided this month to really give you all some really special deals. Some companies offer deals for new customers only. What is up with that? Are they telling you that you are not as important to them as a new customer? My goal continues to be to offer my customers, new and existing, great new game prices. I need to accomplish two things by doing this. I need many new customers and I need my customers to not only purchase new games but used games also. After my newsletter last month I did get a pretty nice response but it only lasted for a few days. I need to sell many used games every day to make my business model work. To show that I have great faith in my customers I am going to give you these very aggressive deals in advance. To help make this work, I need each one of you to go out and find me a new customer or two. I need you to spread the word. If I get many new customers as well as used game sales on a consistent basis then you can expect more sales in return. We need to work together to accomplish this common goal. The September specials are very aggressive so I am reserving the right to pull them at any time. If I feel too many customers are just buying the specials and not helping me spread the word or buy used games I will have to pull these specials quickly. You must be saying okay enough with the talk tell me about the specials.
How about WWE Smackdown vs Raw 08 for only $44.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 and only $37.99 for the Wii ? Has anyone ever heard of Devil May Cry 4? I am offering it for the same low price of $44.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3. Kane & Lynch, same deal, just $ 44.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 . Are you Wii fans ready for Super Smash Bros for only $37.99 or Trauma Center New Blood for $37.99? My friends, these prices are really unheard of for these games. I would hurry up and buy some for yourself and then go rush and tell your friends. Talk on Xbox Live and on messages. I can’t stress enough if everyone does their part I will continue to do my part.

Balances Due

For those who left a deposit for Orange Box for Xbox 360 and PS3 please pay them off immediately. The game is less then a month away. I would also like to see the Mass Effect balances paid off as well as Assassin’s Creed for Xbox 360 and PS3. It takes me a while to match up the invoices, I sold many copies of Mass Effect so I need the extra time.

Bioshock Shipping

The post office really messed up with about 10% of the first class Bioshock shipments. I have spent the past few weeks on the phone with them trying to get some answers. I have spoken to the post master, The head of the Connecticut development team as well as the head of consumer affairs. They are putting some measures in place to make sure my Halo 3 shipments go much better. I have been told that the Winsted, CT post office will call the Hartford, CT distribution center to let them know my shipment is on the way. I am told the distribution center will do everything in their power to make sure the shipments leave the state the right way. We will see what happens. My guess is they will take good care of them because many people will be watching what happens. If by some chance you still haven’t received your copy of Bioshock please email me and let me know.
That’s it for now. Once again thank you all for being customers!!
Tony

Good news....Tony's distributor got Halo 3 today so he should have it by next Thurs or Friday. He should be able to ship out on the 24th. And since he talked/ worked out the post office thing those of us with priority should have halo 3 by wed or thurs at the latest

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i would love to order smash but just wondering is it a street dated title or not?[/quote]

It isnt as of now and I doubt it will be. That is nintendo.

[quote name='liongames']It isnt as of now and I doubt it will be. That is nintendo.[/quote]
damn ><
if theres one title i cant wait for this year its smash, i think i'll get in store but yet...

So Tony are you shipping Halo 3 out the night before It's "release"? or possibly earlier?

Just curious I don't mind the game two- three days late knowing I still saved over $15.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So Tony are you shipping Halo 3 out the night before It's "release"? or possibly earlier?

Just curious I don't mind the game two- three days late knowing I still saved over $15.[/quote]

The 24th is the earliest i can legally ship it from here. my distributor will ship the ups orders earlier as they can time the delivery.

[quote name='wasabi_']So anyone else out there without Bioshock still? I got some terrible luck...[/quote]

Wasabi email me again tommorow afternoon after your mailman leaves so we can discuss our options.

Tony

bread's done
Back