Seanbaby's "The ten geekiest hobbies"

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']6669 - you just made your 669th post! From Hell! Outstanding![/quote]

Yeah, I'm so proud. After I get 6669 posts, I plan on retiring and never posting again. Just look at how cool that looks. Wait, this post will change it to 670. Damn!

I've heard of the "furries" thing, people dressing up as stuffed animals and doing it. :shock:

'Related Trivia Fact: Admiral Ackbar is the guy with the fish head from Return of the Jedi that screams things like, “Shorshenblorg borshchortle!” '

I wonder how our very own Admiral Ackbar will take #7.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='rabbitt']I wonder how our very own Admiral Ackbar will take #7.[/quote]

Shorshenblorg borshchortle![/quote]

you were not supposed to fall for that, it was obviousily a trap!

[quote name='6669']The sad thing about this list is that I know at least 1 person who falls under each one of these.[/quote]

sad thing is i know people that fit 6 or 7 of them, byt themselves :shock:

everything in that article is almost true, except "role playing games". how is that geeky? some of the most popular kids in my high-school played final fantasy. what's nerdy is writting a top 10 count-down of the "geekiest hobbies". sounds like they're bitter about their lives.

infact, i know a stock-broker who plays final fantasy. he gots a hot wife too. (obviously... $$$) haha

*releases anger*

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='6669']The sad thing about this list is that I know at least 1 person who falls under each one of these.[/quote]

sad thing is i know people that fit 6 or 7 of them, byt themselves :shock:[/quote]

You know an Everquest playing, Furries collecting, Star Trek worshipping, comic book collecting, Live Action Role Playing, vampire Trekkie too?

[quote name='6669'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='6669']The sad thing about this list is that I know at least 1 person who falls under each one of these.[/quote]

sad thing is i know people that fit 6 or 7 of them, byt themselves :shock:[/quote]

You know an Everquest playing, Furries collecting, Star Trek worshipping, comic book collecting, Live Action Role Playing, vampire Trekkie too?[/quote]

i go to art school, you just described about half the student body :lol:

[quote name='BusDriver']everything in that article is almost true, except "role playing games". how is that geeky? some of the most popular kids in my high-school played final fantasy. what's nerdy is writting a top 10 count-down of the "geekiest hobbies". sounds like they're bitter about their lives.

infact, i know a stock-broker who plays final fantasy. he gots a hot wife too. (obviously... $$$) haha

*releases anger*[/quote]

I think he's referring to pen & paper RPGs (such as Dungeons & Dragons) and not video game RPGs, which I think are a little more mainstream.

I fit into 2 of those. I can always count on Seanbaby for a good laugh. His best work was the Top 20 Worst Games of All Time(and the uncensored version, too.). His best non-list work was when he went to a cosplay convention as Iori, great stuff.

[quote name='Eric467']I've heard of the "furries" thing, people dressing up as stuffed animals and doing it. :shock:[/quote]

It was in CSI.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='Eric467']I've heard of the "furries" thing, people dressing up as stuffed animals and doing it. :shock:[/quote]

It was in CSI.[/quote]

They also had an MTV: True Life devoted to it. It was messed up.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']I think cosplay should be on the list, how'd he forget that? It's definitely worse that comic books in my mind.[/quote]

I think cosplay might be included in Live action roleplay which I think starts as cosplay

[quote name='Eric467']I've heard of the "furries" thing, people dressing up as stuffed animals and doing it. :shock:[/quote]

I used to work with the guy who was for many years their leader. The head Furry, believe it or not. He does network and telephony wiring out of Garden Grove.

Furries exist to make the other people at SF&F Conventions feel normal.

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='evilpenguin9000']I think cosplay should be on the list, how'd he forget that? It's definitely worse that comic books in my mind.[/quote]

I think cosplay might be included in Live action roleplay which I think starts as cosplay[/quote]

maybe, but aren't there cosplayers who don't roleplay, just like the costumes. Technically vampirism might fit into cosplay or LARPing too.

what the fuck is a furrie or a plushie?

and am I the only one that laughed like a crazy horse when they read that thing about adding a Koala bear to the Nazi flag, because I'd actually like to see that.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='6669'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='6669']The sad thing about this list is that I know at least 1 person who falls under each one of these.[/quote]

You know an Everquest playing, Furries collecting, Star Trek worshipping, comic book collecting, Live Action Role Playing, vampire Trekkie too?[/quote]

i go to art school, you just described about half the student body :lol:[/quote]

OMFG I took Graphic Design in college...I've personally met everyone of those people described *cringes*.

If you thought art was bad, if you thought computer science was bad, now just imagine graphic design--where these two student bodies MEET.

Playing my Gameboy during class was largely ignored by my graphic design professor because it was a somewhat semi-normal activity compared to all the other wierdo crap he had to put up with.

bread's done
Back