30% bonus trade @ eb tomorrow for Halo reserves

legs1986

CAGiversary!
Running from 9/14 to 9/23; if you have Halo 3 reserved, anything you trade in (except hardware) gets a 30% bump + 10% from edge card; the trade doesn't have to go towards Halo3, as long as you have it reserved, and it goes towards something in store or towards a reserve (i.e. no cash).

[quote name='monkeydeew']UGH traded in using bonus 20% yesterday!!!!!![/quote]

feel your pain; wasn't yesterday but a few days ago for me heh.. but figured since we got this notice in today I'd let people know who hadn't yet

the kicker is, as long as you have Halo 3 reserved, the 30% counts towards anything in store/coming out

So what you'll get $16 for your newer games instead of $12? And then they'll sell them for $50-55. No thanks.

Goozex, eBay, or trading with friends is a much better solution. I know its "convenient" to take your games into the G'Stappo, but seriously you're screwing yourself.

I don't think taking a huge hit on your investment is the Cheapass way. But heh, I used to work there so I know how ghoulish G'Stappo corporate is.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']So what you'll get $16 for your newer games instead of $12? And then they'll sell them for $50-55. No thanks.

Goozex, eBay, or trading with friends is a much better solution. I know its "convenient" to take your games into the G'Stappo, but seriously you're screwing yourself.

I don't think taking a huge hit on your investment is the Cheapass way. But heh, I used to work there so I know how ghoulish G'Stappo corporate is.[/quote]
its not like id ever trade anything to gs/eb i think they would actually resell...

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']
[/quote]

I lost tons of value on games by not selling them to GS because I thought I would sell on ebay. The fact is, I'm not that motivated. I wait for the % extra and trade in then. Although, I am considering Goozex for the nest round.

I'm planning to unload Bioshock very shortly so I can get Persona 3. With the extra 40%, it's about as much as I'd get anywhere else, and it's a quick deal.

Sounds like a good deal for the people that want the extra 30%, but don't have 5+ games to trade in at once. Is this confirmed?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Sounds like a good deal for the people that want the extra 30%, but don't have 5+ games to trade in at once. Is this confirmed?[/quote]

It's what the flyer we got in today said; specifcally said the credit doesn't have to be applied towards Halo3 as long as it's reserved;

for the accessories question; works on everything but hardware, including dvds

[quote name='Gotran']Does this work on only games you trade in, what about accessories.[/quote]

thats a great question. there are some deals to be had on 3rd party controllers that i would love to get bonuses for but usually every bonus is for 'games only.' plus ive noticed that lately, 3rd party accessories are ymmv. some stores say yes, most no. i think it depends on how bad they need trade ins?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I wonder if some people can get it to stack with the 3 for extra 10%, 4 for 20%, and 5+ for 30% :p[/quote]

it's an auto promo, so it won't work

I wonder if you already have to have it reserved, or can I go plop down $5 on Halo 3, then come in the next day to get $35 for my copy of R6:Vegas? If so, i'm so there to put down $5.

I got a call this morning telling me about this. Too bad I've been so lazy that I haven't finished any recent games to trade in.

[quote name='legs1986']Running from 9/14 to 9/23; if you have Halo 3 reserved, anything you trade in (except hardware) gets a 30% bump + 10% from edge card; the trade doesn't have to go towards Halo3, as long as you have it reserved, and it goes towards something in store or towards a reserve (i.e. no cash).[/QUOTE]

The ad online say's 20%, so wouldnt it be a 20% bump plus a 10% from edge card?

[quote name='jza1218']The ad online say's 20%, so wouldnt it be a 20% bump plus a 10% from edge card?[/quote]
That's if you trade anything TOWARDS a Halo 3 pre-order. This is for those who have already pre-ordered it.

Just got a call from Babbages(Gamestop) with this new offer. If you are a member of there "Edge" program you get an additional 10%. 40% is a pretty nice deal. I'm going with some old stuff tonite to trade in.

It is actually 30% extra on any trade-ins for reservations; the e-mail the info was sent out in just had a big picture of Master Chief, giving the impression you should use it for Halo 3.

[quote name='SuperFox']It is actually 30% extra on any trade-ins for reservations; the e-mail the info was sent out in just had a big picture of Master Chief, giving the impression you should use it for Halo 3.[/quote]

so this is for anyone NOW reserving halo 3.. not for people who have it already reserved

I got the call about this five times today.

FIVE TIMES!

My pants just kept vibrating all day.

LEAVE MY PANTS ALONE! LEAVE THEM ALONE GAMESTOP! :D

i got the phone call too.... Pretty sure even if you have halo 3 reserved and trade towards it you get the bonus. It also said on the phone to bring in trades for the bonus when you pick up halo 3.

Yeah, as long as you say your reserving Halo 3(or any future release) you get the bump 30% I did it tonite. My copy of H3 is paid off . Tomorrow I'm going to reserve another one with NCAA2008(20$+8$=28$) Warhawk(20$+8$=28). Then move the H3 credits to just store credit. And buy the spec edition Spartan controller for 10$. Maybe it's not ok at some Gstops, but the guys that work at mine are pretty cool about that stuff. Oh yeah, A friend of mine sold me warhawk for 25 bucks last week. So I'm actually making money on that one. MAN I wish Sony's network was 1/3 what Xbox live is.

[quote name='SuperFox']I don't know if this is a seperate promo, but I received an e-mail today saying trade-ins for any reservation receive 30%, not just Halo 3.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152554[/quote]

web ad is wrong; I did this 7 or 8 times today, it's a 30% bump as long as you have Halo 3 reserved, stacks with edge card; if they try to tell you otherwise, tell them bullshit, to enter ebc3003225 and then tell them to scan your card.

[quote name='jedi0077']Yeah, as long as you say your reserving Halo 3(or any future release) you get the bump 30% I did it tonite. My copy of H3 is paid off . Tomorrow I'm going to reserve another one with NCAA2008(20$+8$=28$) Warhawk(20$+8$=28). Then move the H3 credits to just store credit. And buy the spec edition Spartan controller for 10$. Maybe it's not ok at some Gstops, but the guys that work at mine are pretty cool about that stuff. Oh yeah, A friend of mine sold me warhawk for 25 bucks last week. So I'm actually making money on that one. MAN I wish Sony's network was 1/3 what Xbox live is.[/quote]

as long as you have the H3 reserved you can get the bump and just use the credit in store; confirmed, because I did it for several people today lol

It says "Take advantage of these extra trade values to pay off your Halo 3 reservation or use it towards anything else in the store."

This means if you have a reservation for Halo 3 or are putting one down, you can take advantage of the deal. Even if you don't you can use it towards anything else as it says so right in the text:

5gspp3.jpg

[quote name='dack']I got the call about this five times today.

FIVE TIMES!

My pants just kept vibrating all day.

LEAVE MY PANTS ALONE! LEAVE THEM ALONE GAMESTOP! :D[/QUOTE]

Ah, reminds me of a day when Aeris called me about 3 times to pick up my GWEN reservation. First time I got the calls from Aeris, I was somewhat dissapointed.

[quote name='legs1986']web ad is wrong; I did this 7 or 8 times today, it's a 30% bump as long as you have Halo 3 reserved, stacks with edge card; if they try to tell you otherwise, tell them bullshit, to enter ebc3003225 and then tell them to scan your card.[/QUOTE]

The ad does say "pay off your Halo 3 reservation or use it towards anything else in the store."

Nice scan, I got call too its on my cell phone. It says any thing instore except hardware. I hope I can get Skate cause blue dragon is getting old.

bread's done
Back