Contest Over: CAG Foreplay Contest: Win Halo 3!

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As mentioned on CAG Foreplay Podcast #17: Rise of the Anti-Halo, CAG Maklershed has graciously donated a copy of Halo 3 for a lucky listener. Listen to the podcast for the rules and then post your entry in this thread.

Contest will run until we record next week's show.

Actual Foreplay Podcast thread will be up later this morning.

Thanks again Maklershed.

i hope this is not a US only

edit:
listening the show now..

My Game of choice is Halo fox Xbox.
I remember hearing about halo somewhere around 1999 on PC gamer magazine.
i readed the article and it got me bit hyped about this new "alien shooter".
Back then i had really slow computer so i was thinkin about upgrading my hardware
Months passed by and i forgot this game,but i heard about new console XBOX!
the pictures i saw about xbox on PC Gamer was huge X with monkeys jumping around it.
so when the xbox hit the stores i didnt have enough money to buy the console

so everyday i went to my local gameshop and played the xbox with my friends
demos were Fusion Frenzy and Bloodwake.
Then we saw it.. HALO,again almost everday we visite the game shop just to read the Back of Halo over and over again.

Finally my birthday came and i got what i wanted..Xbox
It was expensive because it came with 3 games: Jet set radio future,Dead or Alive and SegaGT2002
i played the xbox for months and forgot Halo.

i always saw it on gamestore,i readed the back of game again and tought i need to try this out.
i got Offical Xbox Magazine UK and played the demo,i really liked it but i didnt have money.
So i started to save up money for halo,and while collecting money my friends kept saying "you gotta get that game Tapio,its game of the year"

once i got the money i walked to store and bought it
i fired up my xbox and oh my god!
i called friend instantly to come play it,they already passed the game but we wanted to play co-op.
we played stage called silent cartographer many times just to do the "grenade trick" with warthog over and over again.
once i heard about Halo 2..well thats a diffrent story.
But what made me choose this game?

i bought Halo really late because i tought it was too good to be real.
every website gave it huge scores,friends talked so much about it,
So i did the risk of buying the game and buying all this hype
and boy it was all worth it!!
Sadly my copy of halo ended about year ago because i needed money,and i sold it away :cry:

oh wait was this what you guys said buy or dont buy?

I refused to buy the newest Far Cry game, despite the most intense of pressure from my friends until I played the demo (the CAG in me)... and I was *so* glad that not only are demos free, but that I also didn't buy the whole thing, because it happened to be absolute ass.

Same with ShadowRun. Everyone told me to get it so I could play it with them, then I tried the demo and was quite happy to have not spent $40 on such a snorefest.

First off thanks to Maklershed for donating the prize! Second thanks to the shipwrecks for another great show!

As for the contest, your discussion of NHL 08 vs. NHL 2K8 made me re-think my decision of which game to get this year. NHL 08 FTW!

when Mrs. Ship first filled in for Rock, she reviewed/previewed Bust-a-Move Bash for the Wii...she made it seem interesting so I bought it...

oh well...this contest is random...and with my luck (e.g. Bust-a-move) i wont win...

The only game I've ever bought because you mentioned it on your show was Raw Danger and that was because I had no idea someone was actually bringing over Disaster Report 2 to the states.

I have not opened it yet, but one of these days I'll go through a PS2 Rennaissance and play all those unopened games I have piling up.

Thanks for that ^_^

mrs. shipwreck talked about Chocobo Tales and i got it based on her recommendation and other reviews. it's very cute and enjoyable.

I actually picked up Kengo because of the show. While you weren't too favorable when talking about it, the fact is I'd never heard of the game. When you mentioned it it sounded like something I would like, and I do!

Picked up Touch Detective because of Mrs. Shipwreck. I was always curious about the game due to the neat style but it didn't get great reviews. After hearing how much you two (more the missus) liked it, I bit on it and really liked it a lot.

Thanks for the contest and the podcast every week!

I got bioshock because of all the ranting and raving about it from the shipwrecks. (and everyone else too) Thanks for pushing it because it is awesome!

[quote name='mykevermin']Very generous of Maklershed.

As for my entry, I haven't bought Halo 3 on account of hoping to win it from your show.[/QUOTE]
Ditto... on both counts. I was pretty much planning on renting H3 at first (and then -- probably -- buying it cheaper later), but this contest just pushed me over the edge. Great contest ideas and prizes, too.

My game that the shipwrecks convinced me to get was Metriod Prime 3. No although this may have seen like a must buy for most gamers, I am a college student and need to be as cheap as possible. But the Shipwreck's deal for the game that lead to my purchase and enjoyment of it.

Thanks Maklershed, for bending the time space continuum for this week's prize!

I picked up Jeanne D'Arc for PSP based on the CAG Foreplay impressions. And I haven't even got my slim PSP yet!

Show keeps getting better. Maklershed is totally boss.

I bought Brain Age 2 after your review at CC for 15. I held off from buying the first one becuase I heard of the problems with some of the minigames. It is awesome. I've played that more than anything else.

I also got Brain Age 2 via CC's $15. But like the spiteful person I am, I price matched at Best Buy. I also signed up for the 6 free DS lite styli.

I play it everyday, and I can say my Brain Age is now a brisk 41. Which is over my actual age.

i've been listening ever since the first show and mr. shipwreck was always talking about etrian oddysey and after reading several reviews from other sites, i decided it wasn't a game that i would want. but shipwreck kept talking about it episode after episode and i finally gave in and it turns out to be the game i played most this summer. thanks shipwrecks and keep up the great work!

I was convinced to not buy Mario Party 8 after hearing you guys review it on your podcast. I was pretty much hyped seeing the commericials and all other hype but then you brought me to my senses. You saved me from the disappointment and the empty wallet I would have faced with this purchase.

You guys actually convinced me to pick up a game on THIS show: Growlanser. I love Atlus too, and I loves me some RPGs. I had never heard of this game, so I probably would have missed it entirely if not for you guys. I appreciate that you look at every little release rather than only the huge ones as other podcasts do. You've convinced me to buy and shy away from other games, but this is of course the most recent. Thanks dudes!

Wow , how generous .

I dusted off my copy of Car Battler Joe [I hope that counts] .
It's still fun and recommended .

I could have listened to Mr. Ship talk about it for another 5 minutes .

Thanks Shipwrecks and Maklershed!

So! For my entry! I will never buy a game that ends with a "Z", lol.

For example:
Guitar Hero = Awesome
Guitar Heroez = Lame

Lol, nah, I'll pick something else...

Well, I traded in Trace Memory and Magical Starsign (yes, wood is totally not a superpower, lol) and bought Brain Age 2 for my sister for her birthday. She's only had it for 2 days now, but she loves it so far. Thanks for the recommendation!

Contest entry time is now!
After hearing you guys talking about Jeanne D'Arc for the PsP it perked my interest, and I don't even own a PsP. Let's just make a long story short and say that after hearing y'all talking about it I had to go pick it up. I think this goes back to Dragon Quest VII and Rogue Quest and loving the graphic style that Level 5 does. Luckily my sister had her PsP still so I'm ninja-borrowing it until I decide to get my own slim one. Umm...Woot.
Edit: Learning to spell.

There have been a number of game titles I've chased after because of this show, but none moreso than Car Battler Joe. Was it the evocative description and interesting rundown that did it? No, but it certainly helped. Simply put, any game that puts my name with "Car Battler" in front of it is enough to make me scour the local countryside to try and hunt it down.

However, I wouldn't have purchased the dingy looking cartridge had Ship not made it sound so appealing. I've enjoyed the game ever since.

Hey guys, you convinced me not to get Mario Party 8. I was hyped up on the Wii and was buying Wii titles left and right, but after your review you brought me down to earth and I saw the error of my ways. This game was really not worth it.

I'm another CAGer who avoided Mario Party 8 after listening to your review. Unfortunately, it didn't stop my 6 year old son from picking it up with a gift card he got for his birthday. I have played the game, and it isn't fun (I hate the randomness of it). My boy liked it at first, but then went back to Wario Ware, which has pretty much been glued in the disc tray since.

Hey, Ships! having lived in columbus for 8 years before moving back to cleveland, i of course left behind some friends. on a recent visit back one of my old buds,who bought a house in powell, took me to his local video game retailer of choice...crazy berts! not sure if this was the same store you mentioned in your cast a while back, but in honor of that possibility, i took a chance on a game mr ship has been obsessed with, picross, which i wouldnt normally have given a chance. glad i did. thanks both. i enjoy the cast. Go Atlus.

Your nice words about Carcassone for XBLA was what pushed me over the edge to buy it. I was debating for awhile whether or not I would get it. I loved the actual game, but was disappointed with Catan on XBLA after I bought it. But Carcassone works much better on the XBLA format!

So thanks Shipwrecks!

Go Bengals!

I got Bioshock after listening to you talk about it during multiple shows. Of course, everyone and their mom was saying this game was this shiz, but the Shipwrecks signing off on this game is what put me over the edge (I swear!). Now, I'm running around saving little sisters (yeah, I am a wuss), and I couldn't be happier.

Though I already had this game when shipwreck mentioned it, his comments about Ninja Five-O had me going back to it until I beat the game on Hard Mode. It had been about a year since I had originally beat the game on Normal Mode, and the game was still a blast to play on Hard Mode.

But, if you just want games that I played because of your comments, then I did play through Touch Detective after hearing mrs shipwreck's comments. It was a nice adventure game to play, with a rather charming atmosphere present throughout the game.

Picross, after hearing about it many times on the podcast I was intrigued and finally decided to pick it up. I was looking for a new DS game to hold my interest and I was plesently surprised when it was really fun. Thanks Ship!

Jeanne D'Arc for me, too. I hadn't touched my PSP in a few months, but I charged it up and bought this game after listening to the show.

You were right, and I'm glad I did.

well u didnt exactly reccomend it, but i did buy god of war cuz u all kept comparing it to heavenly sword and made it sound so awsome :bouncy:

Definitely Jeanne D'Arc. I hadn't touched my PSP in months and was basically ignoring all the new PSP releases. But I am a sucker for SRPGs and once I heard about it on the show, I immediately went out and purchased it. Great game, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Well, i must say after the sterling review that Urban Yeti received i rushed out to my nearest gamestop to find it! J/k, my real choice is Bioshock. I was still kinda on the fence about this game cause im not too much into horror type games, but if Ms. Shipwreck likes it and Shipwreck wants to declare a holiday for it i decided it must be good. Listening to the podcast finally pushed me over the top and i must say its a damn good game. Thanks Shipwrecks!

you both were like the angel and devil on my shoulder for Heavenly sword..

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiJTaD6JZtY[/MEDIA]

After hearing Shipwreck mention that there is a stage that has classic Nintendo designs on Picross, I finally decided to pick it up, and am I glad I did. I just picked up a Brain Age 2 DS Lite bundle to upgrade over my phat DS and I god Castlevania Portrait of Ruin at the same time, and pretty much all I play is Picross now. I've barely touched Brain Age 2, and haven't touched Castlevania yet at all, lol. Thanks Shipwreck!

bread's done
Back