Contest Over: CAG Foreplay Contest: Win Halo 3!

Definitely Picross... I've put a ton of time into it and am up to level 9 now. One more to get to the Mario stuff if I understood Ship correctly.

And sheesh, I'm surprised at all the Mario Party 8 hate here. It is a decent game if you know what to expect (ie, another Mario Party game). Though admittedly, my youngest keeps going back to the Gamecube ones over it :lol:.

I also picked up Persona 3 partly because of you guys. I haven't opened it though and probably won't for quite some time so I can't say as of yet if I am glad that I got it ;). I happen to be playing Blue Dragon right now, which, by the way, I think is excellent. I don't really remember what you guys said about it but I got it in spite of the not-quite-stellar reviews and I'm very glad I did. I'm on the fence about Eternal Sonata so I'm interested to see what you guys say about that (I'm hoping I can still get a faceplate if I buy it from GS but I may be too late).

I picked up Sega Genesis Collection for PSP after hearing you guys talk about the chumps that pay $5-$10 a pop for the same games on Virtual Console & Live Arcade. I've been kicking ninja ass with my trusty dog all day.

The game that you guys got me to try, and I ended up really enjoying, was actually Car Battler Joe for the GBA. Great title, and I'd recommend many people give it a try. Can't beat the price where you can find it!

The Ships',

I wanted to say thanks for the heads up on My Sims for the DS and the Wii. I was at Best Buy yesterday and I had $60 in coupons and RZ certs to use up, so I was buying games for me, my wife and our son. My son (just turned 4) has been seeing the commercials for My Sims and has been asking for it. I forgot to look up reviews for it. (In fact, I had my DS with the internet browser with me and was trying to look up its scores while in the store, but I couldn't get a connection.)

Although you didn't really say anything bad about it, I remembered you described it as being very Animal Crossing-esque. (I had just listened to the Foreplay earlier in the day, so it was fresh in my mind.) So, instead of getting that, I ended up with one of the Naruto games and he has been playing that almost non-stop. (Whereas Animal Crossing type games are still a tad boring for him, somehting with more action is right up his alley.)

While I may still get it for my wife, the latest Foreplay did directly affect my purchase decision (although, probably not how you expected); so, thanks again!

I would have to say Rune Factory would be the game I picked up because of you guys. Mainly because I am not a fan of Natsume (due to some games on the SNES that SUCKED BAD back in the day) but your impressionson it convinced me to get my own copy. I am still playing it to this day.

I have actually as well avoided buying a PS3 fearing the wrath of my GF cause I probably would have gotten a much lett PG rated version what Ship got on the show after revealing he had attained one.

Touch Detective. I was on the fence about it because I usually don't like games like that, but I wanted to try something new. The review on the Cast was what pushed me to give it a shot. And when I got it, it was awesome!

i would have to say it was Space Giraffe, on the xbox console, i would not even have looked at it unless i heard it from you guys. it is an awesome XBLA game and i recommend it for anyone that is curious!!

Mine is not personally a game I was influenced by the ships on, but my sister is also a nancy drew fan and was eagerly awaiting the DS game. I had her listen to Ms ship's rant about how bad the game was and how it was not like the PC versions, and saved her $30, so she thanks you and we enjoy halo 3 co-op from time to time, so I'm sure she would appreciate that "free" copy of halo 3 just as much as I would.

Well I didn't make it in the contest but it's still interesting. I posted before checking the last page.

bread's done
Back