Hori Hard Pouch, anybody have it?

imascrub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Trying to look for a carrying case for my psp slim, but since Logitech hasn't made a playgear to fit the slim yet, I was thinking for a hard-ish pouch with some padding inside similar to the one I have for my DS Lite.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bf-49-en-70-26ld.html

It says on play-asia that it'll fit for the psp slim but I'm pretty sure they didn't make any changes for it from the regular PSP, so I'm not sure if maybe the original depth of the pouch might leave the slim some jiggling room. This isn't a problem with the DS pouch I have since it has little holding straps in it, but that's just probably because the DS has room to spare cuz of the clamshell design...

so anyhow anybody know if these Hori hard pouches are any good?

http://www.hori.jp/products/psp2000/hard_pouch_p/

HPP-206%28A%29.jpg

is this the one you are talking about? It was a preorder item until recently so it's probably a new product. Hori is usually pretty good about their releases so I doubt its just the old pouches with new packaging.

I was thinking of grabbing one of these as well

yup I think that's the one. Hmm somehow that Hori site is a different one than the one I was lookin at lol.

Anyway lookin at the model numbers yup looks like that's the one. It does say on their site that it's good for the Slim PSP too so I guess it should be ok after all. Strange thing is though ?I think on the play-asia site there are two listings for the hard pouch by Hori, but one is $9.99 and the other is like $12.xx (HPP-207 vs. the HPP-42). They look the same though. Guess if you're going to order one go for the HPP-207 one, which is the one you linked me to on the Hori product page.

-edit-
Just saw that the release date on the 9.99 one (HPP-207) was Sept 17, 2007, whereas the older one (HPP-42) was released on July 31, 2006. There's no indication otherwise what the difference is between the two cases though.

I'm waiting for the Star Wars Ceramic White PSP. Torn between the black or white hard pouch.

Any idea if the white old gets dirty easily? Doesn't say what material it's made out of.

gamestop is selling a case like that for $10 bucks and it says fits the slim psp i have one and it fits the slim great.....

the other shell is made of hard cardboard i guess. its good quality though. i bought a black one. i dont know about the white one.

it fits my crisis core psp nicely. :whistle2:D

it doesnt shake too much. i just shook it sideways and upside down. it's okay. i would feel comfortable if i put in my backpack or suitcase when i travel.

i have problems taking out the psp sometimes though. i have to turn the case upside down to take out the psp. u can take out the psp without turning the case upside but it is kinda difficult. good case overall.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

[quote name='PSP_0wner']gamestop is selling a case like that for $10 bucks and it says fits the slim psp i have one and it fits the slim great.....[/QUOTE]

I have to second this... I walked into my Gamestop looking for the case he described and I almost missed it. On the cardboard paper there was a sticker that said "Compatible with PSP Slim" on it haha. It's made by a company called Score.

It really does fit well, and it doesn't shake around on the inside. Also there's these optional straps that keep it into place as well. Then theres a protective foam layer in the middle of it that sets apart the storage space for your memory sticks and UMD cases.

The outer case feels like plastic covered in mesh on the top and on the bottom its like thick leather or something... It's no small case though, pretty fat actually so you can store other crap in it.

One feature I really like is the "Convenient Carabiner Clip". I hung it off of my belt loop as I was walking to my car when I got off work. (My hands were full with a pizza box and my bubba keg haha)

Here are some crappy camera phone pics....

IMAGE_017.jpg

IMAGE_019.jpg

IMAGE_020.jpg

IMAGE_021.jpg

IMAGE_022.jpg

IMAGE_023.jpg

[quote name='kinnysama']I have to second this... I walked into my Gamestop looking for the case he described and I almost missed it. On the cardboard paper there was a sticker that said "Compatible with PSP Slim" on it haha. It's made by a company called Score.

It really does fit well, and it doesn't shake around on the inside. Also there's these optional straps that keep it into place as well. Then theres a protective foam layer in the middle of it that sets apart the storage space for your memory sticks and UMD cases.

The outer case feels like plastic covered in mesh on the top and on the bottom its like thick leather or something... It's no small case though, pretty fat actually so you can store other crap in it.

One feature I really like is the "Convenient Carabiner Clip". I hung it off of my belt loop as I was walking to my car when I got off work. (My hands were full with a pizza box and my bubba keg haha)

Here are some crappy camera phone pics....

IMAGE_017.jpg

IMAGE_019.jpg

IMAGE_020.jpg

IMAGE_021.jpg

IMAGE_022.jpg

IMAGE_023.jpg
[/quote]

yup the case i got. sturdy case like you said and works well.. and for a good price....

Both cases look good. Not sure if I like the mesh feel or the smooth Hori feel.

Thanks guys for posting your pictures it really helps.

Decisions!!

I saw that Gamestop case and passed on it at the time because I was looking for something specifically for the PSP Slim. Little did I know eh?

Thanks much for the hands-on reports and photos.

I saw a Score one at CC that looked the same, but it didn't have Compatible with PSP Slim. The logo on the front was different too.

Ok I got the Score one that says "Compatible with PSP Slim". EB/GS/CC still have the older one. Both cases have the same SKU number 801959.

The PSP Slim one is slightly smaller and has a GREY Logo. The older one has a RED Logo. The Carabiner clip is nice and there is a velcro clip for your belt also.

I'm still undecided on the mesh on the front, but the Hori case looked uneven. This Score case doesn't look as pear shaped.

I'm still waitin on my Hori hard pouch to come from play-asia. I was kinda unsure about the "pear-ness" shape of the case but after looking at the pics on the previous page again, I think it's more that the zipper isn't centered in the center, probably to give more safe room for the psp in the "bottom" larger compartment.

Anyhoo I really want to take my PSP places to play during some downtime in the day but I don't want to mess it up lol. Hope it comes tomorrow...it'd be about a week since I ordered it then.

Well I just got the pouch today. It's a nice little pouch I wouldn't be afraid of throwin this in my backpack to carry it around. Though it doesn't have a carabiner or a belt loop thing, my DS lite case has those but I've never used it ever, so it's not a big deal to me. And yup the "pear-ness" shape that decon noticed is because the zipper is not centered on the case, so it doesn't look symmetrical. The bottom compartment has more room for either the slim or regular psp, and the padding for the zipper is just right above the system. The top compartment has just enough space to fit some UMDs in there. I can fit my slim PSP, my 4 UMDs, and 3 memory sticks in it, and there's still one unused pocket in the very back behind the UMD holders I guess for cloths or any other small accessories. Without any UMDS it does flop around a *tiny* bit up and down, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. With 4 UMDs in, it fits pretty well and doesn't jiggle up and down. Of course with a regular PSP in, it won't jiggle around that much anyway and 4 UMDs would be a rather snug fit. There is a tiny bit of space around the PSP also so it does slide back and forth a *tiny* bit, but again I don't think it's that big of a deal. Overall the case seems pretty nice and sturdy, the zipper feels good, and everything fits rather well inside.

Here are some more pics:

CIMG0633.jpg

CIMG0635.jpg

CIMG0639.jpg

CIMG0636.jpg

CIMG0637.jpg

CIMG0638.jpg

This pic you can see there that the UMD part of the case has enough space to fit 2 UMDs on each side. I also put in two more UMDs in the back pocket for a total of 6 in the case. I actually was able to fit 8 in there, but it kinda pushes against the PSP when the case is closed, which I don't really think should be a big problem (maybe it would be if you put a regular PSP in there?), but I'll stick with 6 max (I only have 4 of my own UMDs anyway lol). 6 is pretty good though for a carry everything case I think, and if you have 2 more UMDs that you just have to bring along, it will fit 8 UMDs.

CIMG0640.jpg

Here is the Hori case vs. my friend's Logitech Playgear sitting on top of his 8 UMD case.

i have to agree with imascrub. i just got the case in a few days ago and i just have the psp phat in it right now and there seems to still be a lot of space for it to move around. it is big and bulky. i do like how the psp sits in the case and the zipper is not in the middle, just like how the compact nori ds lite case are.

i guess now i can keep games in my case.

May be late w/ this b/ did everyone notice that if you purchase the new Star Wars game from EB Games you get a Han Solo in carbonite PSP case?

[quote name='Bivensra']May be late w/ this b/ did everyone notice that if you purchase the new Star Wars game from EB Games you get a Han Solo in carbonite PSP case?[/quote]

Looks like a neat case. Too bad they don't included it in the SW Ceramic White Bundle.

[quote name='decon']I was looking at that case also, and a Hori screen protector.[/quote]
I bought screen protectors for my slim and sadly it didn't fit the screen I guess the slim has a tiny bit bigger screen..

It's listed as compatible with psp and psp slim & Lite.. >.<

Ah well are hori screen protectors easy to take off? If they make one to fit the screen i'll get those.

These are the ones I got http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-be-49-en-70-26l4.html

yea...I got the Hori "protective filter portable" from Fry's for $6.xx
Sadly when putting it on I found out that it's slightly smaller than the screen. I've been thinkin of gettin another screen protector but I don't know which ones cover the screen. I was lookin at Martin Fields and Invisible Shield. Still not sure which one to get.

Received my white hori pouch today. Quite nice! Puts the gamestop one to shame in looks and feel. Had no problem fitting my 3 extra memory sticks, and 4 games.

[quote name='Gara']Received my white hori pouch today. Quite nice! Puts the gamestop one to shame in looks and feel. Had no problem fitting my 3 extra memory sticks, and 4 games.[/quote]

I was pondering for a few days which to get and went with the GS Score Case. I really like the size and the clip. There is also a velcro clip in the back for your belt. Also has the 2 elastic straps to hold the system in place.

The Hori has a nice smooth look, but nothing to retain it. That's how I made my final choice.

Is it just me, or does the hard case.... smell? It just has a really strong plasticky, new car smell. Or at least mine does, straight out of the package. I have a Hori hard case for my DS and it doesn't smell like this one.

Does anyone know what it is made of on the inside?

[quote name='watchtv']Is it just me, or does the hard case.... smell? It just has a really strong plasticky, new car smell. Or at least mine does, straight out of the package. I have a Hori hard case for my DS and it doesn't smell like this one.

Does anyone know what it is made of on the inside?[/quote]

I can't quite place the smell on the outside of it but the inside is pure bliss. Takes me back to when toys r us still smelled like a toy store.

[quote name='watchtv']Is it just me, or does the hard case.... smell? [/quote]

Hehe what other things do you guys sniff? :)

[quote name='preelude']what do u guys think of this case?

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6838[/QUOTE]

I bought this case for one of my fat PSPs and I now have my slim in the case. I have to take the system out of the case to change UMDs b/c the slim does not have the UMD release button. Fyi has the case and for a couple of extra dollars you can get NFL or MLB inserts to personalize the system w/ your favorite team. The inserts are not stickers so if your favorite team changes mid season you can just switch.

I'm not sure, but I think that might just be a soft case along the lines of a pencil pouch, but probably with pockets inside for maybe a game or two and a couple memory cards.

I don't know for sure though...just a guess

I saw that Inner Pouch at the store. I was debating between the Hard Pouch or the Inner Pouch. The Inner Pouch is a lot smaller and it only holds 1 UMD disc. I bought the Hard Pouch because I thought it would give better protection if I were to accidentally drop it for any reason.

[quote name='SSPrelude']I saw that Inner Pouch at the store. I was debating between the Hard Pouch or the Inner Pouch. The Inner Pouch is a lot smaller and it only holds 1 UMD disc. I bought the Hard Pouch because I thought it would give better protection if I were to accidentally drop it for any reason.[/quote]
Was there any straps or a pocket or anything to hold the PSP in place? Or would you just put it in and zip it up?

hmm that is a small case. Would be nice to save some space but I don't know if i'd feel comfortable puttin that in my backpack

bread's done
Back