GTA Giveaway

Snowcone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I cleared this with CheapyD so here goes. The gaming site I run, www.snackbar-games.com , is giving away a copy of GTA:SA. No tricky contests, no registration or signup is required. Simply go to our homepage and at the top of the page you will see a box for name and email address. Type it in and hit submit and you are registered.

We are limiting it to 1 entry per person and we are closing the entries Friday afternoon. I will announce the winner at 5pm CST. It will be a random drawing and open only to US and Canadian residents.

http://www.snackbar-games.com to enter

[quote name='Snowcone']Simply go to our homepage and at the top of the page you will see a box for name and email address. Type it in and hit submit and you are registered.
[/quote]

Not trying to be a dick, but where exactly does my name and email address go after I enter it? Into telemarketing hell? I'd like a free copy of GTA but if it's gonna result in a ton of spam, I'll pass on the 1 in 100,000 chance of getting it.

EDIT: Nice site BTW.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Snowcone']Simply go to our homepage and at the top of the page you will see a box for name and email address. Type it in and hit submit and you are registered.
[/quote]

Not trying to be a dick, but where exactly does my name and email address go after I enter it? Into telemarketing hell? I'd like a free copy of GTA but if it's gonna result in a ton of spam, I'll pass on the 1 in 100,000 chance of getting it.[/quote]

Telemarketing Hell? We are a 4 man shop and the last thing I am going to do is sell your information. I hate getting spam and I would never sell out my readers. When we redesigned the site a few months ago I went ahead and created a privacy policy for this very reason. You can check it out: http://www.snackbar-games.com/privacy.php

I understand that you may be skeptical, but we value our community and readers far above anything else. The only place your email address is going is into a database that only I have access to. That database is only going to be used to select a contest winner so you really have nothing to worry about.

Oh and if we were to get 100,000 entries, that would shatter every single traffic record that we have set in our 2 years of existence so I don't think that is a concern. Most of our giveaways and contests have less than 100 people enter so your odds are fairly good. If you are still worried, don't enter.

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Snowcone']Simply go to our homepage and at the top of the page you will see a box for name and email address. Type it in and hit submit and you are registered.
[/quote]

Not trying to be a dick, but where exactly does my name and email address go after I enter it? Into telemarketing hell? I'd like a free copy of GTA but if it's gonna result in a ton of spam, I'll pass on the 1 in 100,000 chance of getting it.[/quote]

Telemarketing Hell? We are a 4 man shop and the last thing I am going to do is sell your information. I hate getting spam and I would never sell out my readers. When we redesigned the site a few months ago I went ahead and created a privacy policy for this very reason. You can check it out: http://www.snackbar-games.com/privacy.php

I understand that you may be skeptical, but we value our community and readers far above anything else. The only place your email address is going is into a database that only I have access to. That database is only going to be used to select a contest winner so you really have nothing to worry about.

Oh and if we were to get 100,000 entries, that would shatter every single traffic record that we have set in our 2 years of existence so I don't think that is a concern. Most of our giveaways and contests have less than 100 people enter so your odds are fairly good. If you are still worried, don't enter.[/quote]

It won't be a 1 in 100 chance anymore. It's on CAG now!

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Snowcone']Simply go to our homepage and at the top of the page you will see a box for name and email address. Type it in and hit submit and you are registered.
[/quote]

Oh and if we were to get 100,000 entries, that would shatter every single traffic record that we have set in our 2 years of existence so I don't think that is a concern. Most of our giveaways and contests have less than 100 people enter so your odds are fairly good. If you are still worried, don't enter.[/quote]

awww....i was hoping to enlarge my penis... :(

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Snowcone']Simply go to our homepage and at the top of the page you will see a box for name and email address. Type it in and hit submit and you are registered.
[/quote]

awww....i was hoping to enlarge my penis... :([/quote]

If you want, I could forward you all the offers I get for resizing my manhood. I would be kind enough to do that.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Snowcone']Simply go to our homepage and at the top of the page you will see a box for name and email address. Type it in and hit submit and you are registered.
[/quote]

aw was i, i guess ill just be happy with the size i have hehe

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='Wshakspear']

aw was i, i guess ill just be happy with the size i have hehe[/quote]

Me too...though, as a modern woman, I probably shouldn't be too proud of it...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to know. I'm entering. Thanks for the response, BTW.

Wow, thanks dude! I entered and I really appreciate you running a contest like this. There aren't many CAGs out their who are willing to give away a free game purely out of the goodness in their heart. I think it's great that you are doing this and I love the site. Hopefully, your site will get the publicity it deserves from this. I hope you get all the future success you deserve!

[quote name='XboxMaster']Too bad I'll probably have San Andreas already purchased by then. I guess I'll just sell it if I win.[/quote]

Or since it will be sealed you could always take it back to where you purchased your copy and get a refund with your receipt....

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Snowcone']Simply go to our homepage and at the top of the page you will see a box for name and email address. Type it in and hit submit and you are registered.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to know. I'm entering. Thanks for the response, BTW.[/quote]

Not a problem at all.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Wow, thanks dude! I entered and I really appreciate you running a contest like this. There aren't many CAGs out their who are willing to give away a free game purely out of the goodness in their heart. I think it's great that you are doing this and I love the site. Hopefully, your site will get the publicity it deserves from this. I hope you get all the future success you deserve![/quote]

We have been running contests and giveaways for a while now. The next ones I have lined up are as follows:

Monster Hunter Prize Pack
-Monster Hunter for PS2
-Monster Hunter T-Shirt

Viewtiful Joe Prize Pack
-VJ for PS2
-VJ T-shirt

I have a strategy guide but I don't remember for which game, it will be included with the prize pack.

The week before Halo 2 comes out, we are going to be giving away 3 copies of Halo 2. Some will be LE, some will be regular. At the midnight opening for Halo 2 we are going to be at the EB we shop at. We are going to give another 3 copies of Halo and 2 more prize packs (1 VJ and 1 Monster Hunter).

Edit: For San Antonio and South Texas CAGs that want to attend the Halo 2 party: http://www.snackbar-games.com/topstory/14
A map to EB Games Huebner Oaks is here

thanks for the contest offering...and actually, your site is pretty neat :) the cartoons for each reviewer reminds me of gamespy...

but yea, im gonna bookmark it.. ;)

[quote name='swetooth9']thanks for the contest offering...and actually, your site is pretty neat :) the cartoons for each reviewer reminds me of gamespy...

but yea, im gonna bookmark it.. ;)[/quote]

Thanks. We have an artist that does all our artwork. Now the catch is...do we remind you of the old version of Gamespy that rocked, or the new version that is melded together with IGN that gets less than favorable comments from many people.... 8)

lol, im just talkin about the avatars for your reviewers...they look like gamespy's avatars...you know what i mean? anyway, keep up the good work ;)

[quote name='swetooth9']lol, im just talkin about the avatars for your reviewers...they look like gamespy's avatars...you know what i mean? anyway, keep up the good work ;)[/quote]

Yeah I know. Just giving you a hard time. Thanks, that is the plan.

I reckon I will join the crowd and post that I entered and tell you its a great site...it is a pretty cool site by the way. Keep up the good work, I added it to my bookmarks and will be the third site I visit everyday. (Thats right after this one of course and the first is my college homepage which is a must).

[quote name='Wshakspear']awww....i was hoping to enlarge my penis... :([/quote]

Dude, have some self-confidence.

My penis is too big as it is.

:p

[quote name='flowery']I reckon I will join the crowd and post that I entered and tell you its a great site...it is a pretty cool site by the way. Keep up the good work, I added it to my bookmarks and will be the third site I visit everyday. (Thats right after this one of course and the first is my college homepage which is a must).[/quote]

CAG is the first place I look. My college site comes second. :) That being said, I just entered. Thanks OP!

I have to log on the network through the site so thats why its first. But with my wireless its CAG as the homepage...its great to keep my bank account low.

[quote name='flowery']Oh can I suggest a CAG promotion on the store...I like the baseball shirt.[/quote]

With Cafepress they have a base price and right now all things are only marked up $1, but if the CAGs are interested in buying some merch i would be glad to remove the markup and give it to you guys at cost.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Why are you saying thank you to all of us? We are the ones who should be thanking you. I really cannot stress enough how nice it is of you to be doing this. I am glad that you're site is getting the recognition it deserves now. I hope you get even more success in the future!

[quote name='scuba']any restrictions?

thanks for posting this :)[/quote]

Only restrictions are that you can enter only 1 time and it is only open to US and Canada. Shipping costs to places overseas are just so high and then we have to deal with PAL vs NTSC. Just makes things harder than they have to be.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']
Thanks for all the kind words.

Why are you saying thank you to all of us? We are the ones who should be thanking you. I really cannot stress enough how nice it is of you to be doing this. I am glad that you're site is getting the recognition it deserves now. I hope you get even more success in the future![/quote]

We are still a relatively small site and knowing that people actually enjoy the site makes it worthwhile. The site has no real revenue and any revenue we do get goes right back into the contests so we are basically in it to break even which gives us an edge. At this point we get the occasional review copy of new games (Nintendo has been so good to us), but other than that we buy games out of pocket. I guess you could say we are a "mom and pop" kind of site. At any rate, my first and only loyalty lies with the readers. At any point in time I would much rather buy games to review than have some corporation try and force an opinion out of me.

You think you could let us know how many people entered at 5pm CST today? (Maybe post the winner too?)

Thanks for the contest

[quote name='Skitzle']You think you could let us know how many people entered at 5pm CST today? (Maybe post the winner too?)

Thanks for the contest[/quote]

I can do that. As of now (1:38pm CST) there are 440 entries. I need to go through and verify there are no duplicates of course so that number could get smaller. Still not a bad number for something that was free.

bread's done
Back