Replacement PSP UMD disk housing $4 shipped- Hilarious Video Inside!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Now this is interesting. If your UMD housing has broken, you can put your otherwise useless PSP game or movie disc in this replacement housing.

The video is hilarious, he really rips on the UMD format saying that "They are basically built to self-destruct". I tend to agree with him, I have seen quite a few used games at Gamestop that had loose or cracked UMD housings.

I am careful with my games but if you carry them around you may need a few of these.

PSP replacement housing $4 shipped

He is also selling them on eBay for the same price if you don't want to order from his site.

ebay replacement UMD housing $4 shipped

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Px2VMOMOo[/MEDIA]

[quote name='rodeojones903']I've purchased over 40 PSP games and never had a problem with one.

"They are basically built to self-destruct". What a fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was a little much myself, but if you carry just the UMD's around loose or in a bag, I could see how you could break one.

these come in handy if you buy your games used ....like from gamestop, sometimes the games come with the upper part of the umd caved in

I have had at least five different games have the cases break...lumines, twisted metal 2x, and I can't recall the other two...

It's ridiculous...this should happen with ZERO games.

a little overblown (never had these flimsy cases break on me.) but great for a customizer. I might buy one or two to screw around with it.

fancy demo discs here I come.

Working retail, I can say we've had several PSP games returned because they "just broke".

Of course, my definition of "just broke" might differ from what the customer's definition is.

[quote name='Nephilim']"They are basically built to self-destruct".[/quote]What, did Shinji Mikami make this video?

Dunno about you all, but halfway through, it started to feel like an infomercial. It's a replacement case, it isn't rocket science.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I've purchased over 40 PSP games and never had a problem with one.

"They are basically built to self-destruct". What a fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]

The truth can hurt, sometimes. The UMD casings are complete junk. You *mistreat* them even once and they can break. My Wipeout Pure UMD fell apart.

Watching him crack up that UMD reminds me of those early morning commercials for handy-dandy homewares.

"Do you have trouble OPENING CANS???" (cue footage of an old woman spilling a can of soup all over creation, sighing, and looking into the camera with a shrug and a look that says "if only something existed that could help me open a can!")

"Are you like everyone else who can't make eggs/sweep your floor/wipe off your countertop?"

I don't know if UMD discs are as flimsy as the video claims, but I know I have 30 between movies and games, and evidently I'm not a ham-fisted clumsy fuckwad who has so much as scratched or cracked a single one.

So, the question is: Don't you have trouble opening cans?

I have 92 UMD games and I haven't had a single one break yet. As long as you take good care of them and don't pound of them or sit on them, they'll be fine.

The casings are complete crap. I've had 2 go on me, including one during the big FYE bonus credit trade in, when the stupid clerk ripped it from the game case, and claimed it was already broken. I didn't argue with him, because it was only over a few bucks in credit, but that's the last time I let any one check the back of my UMDs without me first taking them out of the game case. DAMN!

"They are basically built to self-destruct". What a fucking idiot.[/quote]

same here. this just shows how idiotic some people are when it comes to taking care of their stuff.

[quote name='bickle']Looks like a solution in search of a problem.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ with you good sir. After reading the replies in this thread, it would seem there is a need. And why would this guy patent and have these things manufactured if he isn't actually using them to replace broken ones?

If you actually play any of the games while taking them out of the box, they can brake pretty easily.

I had 3 of my games cases brake and had to use some glue to fix them, I might order myself couple since I hate how the UMD cases can brake so easily.

[quote name='mykevermin']Watching him crack up that UMD reminds me of those early morning commercials for handy-dandy homewares.

"Do you have trouble OPENING CANS???" (cue footage of an old woman spilling a can of soup all over creation, sighing, and looking into the camera with a shrug and a look that says "if only something existed that could help me open a can!")

"Are you like everyone else who can't make eggs/sweep your floor/wipe off your countertop?"

I don't know if UMD discs are as flimsy as the video claims, but I know I have 30 between movies and games, and evidently I'm not a ham-fisted clumsy fuckwad who has so much as scratched or cracked a single one.

So, the question is: Don't you have trouble opening cans?[/quote]My thoughts exactly (see my "infomercial" comment). The part where he starts snapping it to bits is just a bit ridiculous.

Also, UMDs are required by law to brake at all railway crossings.

I'm sure if I sat there and purposefully snapped a CD or DVD in half it'd be pretty easy too. You should treat UMD's like discs, not GBA carts, they're a disc-medium and obviously not indestructable. 70,000? Bullshit. Never heard of this place.

It's funny that the disc he uses to demo the replacement case is SFA3 MAX, 'cause it's the only UMD game that I have that's really fallen apart for no reason.

Why so hostile? Not everyone handles games like they're precious diamonds. When I first go tthe games, I thought I could simply throw it in a bag. Fact is, if you just drop those things in the right way onto a hard floor, it's going to become loose.

[quote name='Vitality X']same here. this just shows how idiotic some people are when it comes to taking care of their stuff.[/quote]
This might seem blunt, but your comment was similar.

For lack of a better term, F U.

I have bought a couple used games and noticed after I had them for a while that they were separating. You don't even notice unless you tug slightly and noticed it is busted. It is possible that some of you with "90" discs may have one or two separating and not even know it because you probably don't have time to play 90 psp games and or movies.

I had a couple of my UMDs brake on me while removing them from their boxes... I would consider myself pretty careful when it comes to my games, but sometimes shit happens, so I think this is a pretty good product if you are in need of a replacement case.

i need a few of those :)
im very careful with my games
but my last case i had, stored the games in a way that i had to push down on the front plastic piece to pull it out, and i ended up punching out the plastic piece in several of my games, i can still put it in there ,but it rattles when i put the games in my PSP

That video wasn't hilarious, it just described what it does. The fact that he says they are built to self destruct doesn't make it hilarious.

Did the hilarity go over my head?

Ummm, maybe it's just me but I have to ask....

What kind of moron tells people that a knife is one of the "tools" needed to open a UMD?

I guess his name is Dave and it seems Dave doesn't think before he makes a video and posts it on the web....

Hey.... Dave.... young kids may try this and cut themselves.....

Did you think about that? Doubt it.....

OMG I've been waiting for this for so long... these UMD game do fall apart easily. I even called Sony to see if they offered UMD replacement carts - of course they didn't have them, advised me to buy a new game... total BS.. I'll proabaly buy 2 or 3 of them.

[quote name='Cmosfm']That video wasn't hilarious, it just described what it does. The fact that he says they are built to self destruct doesn't make it hilarious.

Did the hilarity go over my head?[/QUOTE]

I guess it's my fault. I found it hilarious the way he tore apart the casing and tossed it aside.

I'd watch out when ordering. The sight wants you to enter credit card info on a page that is not secure.

Maybe just me being paranoid, but I put the brakes on when I noticed that. Too bad, I needed one of these.

Shame they didn't just use the MiniDisc technology they had (case wise). Those things had a cover over the read space (like floppies) and were rock solid.

::has 50+ MiniDiscs that still work::

[quote name='TimPV3']You should treat UMD's like discs, not GBA carts, they're a disc-medium and obviously not indestructable.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, as stupid parents tend to buy PSPs for their 5-12 year old children, these children tend to treat their UMDs like GBA carts.

[quote name='cranguy']Also, UMDs are required by law to brake at all railway crossings.[/quote]

:applause:

As has been mentioned so many times before,

Brake =/= Break

[quote name='Stingercjc']I'd watch out when ordering. The sight wants you to enter credit card info on a page that is not secure.

Maybe just me being paranoid, but I put the brakes on when I noticed that. Too bad, I needed one of these.[/quote]

Yeah that sucks. From looking at the site, it seems legit. However, submitting your personal info and card number in plain text is just not a good plan. I'm also curious why they have the VeriSign logo there. Maybe the page is just broken. Order over the phone if you really want them.

[quote name='sithspawn']Yeah that sucks. From looking at the site, it seems legit. However, submitting your personal info and card number in plain text is just not a good plan. I'm also curious why they have the VeriSign logo there. Maybe the page is just broken. Order over the phone if you really want them.[/QUOTE]

He is also selling them on eBay(lots of good Feedback on them) for the same price if you don't want to order from his site.

ebay replacement UMD housing

I've had many UMDs break, and I am not rough with them. Truth is, if you take your PSP mobile a lot (I do daily), they can get effed up.

[quote name='Nephilim']He is also selling them on eBay(lots of good Feedback on them) for the same price if you don't want to order from his site.

ebay replacement UMD housing[/quote]i was thinking about looking on ebay for some, cuz i didnt wanna order from his site :applause: thanks for the link ;)

[quote name='Nephilim']I beg to differ with you good sir. After reading the replies in this thread, it would seem there is a need. And why would this guy patent and have these things manufactured if he isn't actually using them to replace broken ones?[/QUOTE]

So every product on the market is a worthwhile response to a valid need?

[quote name='bickle']So every product on the market is a worthwhile response to a valid need?[/quote]yes :roll:
who wouldnt want a Raspberry Beret on their ipod?
iAttire_Raspberry.jpg

[quote name='bickle']So every product on the market is a worthwhile response to a valid need?[/QUOTE]

No, just this product.

Seriously though, many have commented that the UMD housing from Sony is junk. I talked to a Gamestop Manager and he said they turn away broken ones all the time.

If people NEED them, then I guess there is a need.

I never had a problem with any UMD cases breaking during the year I had a PSP. However, I was generally extremely careful with them because they looked and felt cheap. For those who experienced problems or are worried about the cases breaking I could understand why they would be interested in a bit more stable case.

bread's done
Back