iconxbox360.gif
All Pro Football 2K8 (360) - $19.99
iconbestbuy.gif

iconps3.gif
All Pro Football 2K8 (PS3) - $19.99
iconbestbuy.gif

(Thanks pun123)

Original post:
Hey guys I saw All Pro Football 2K8 on clearance for $20.98 at Target. I think this game is not as good as Madden, but just wanted to let those interested know.

For that price it's worth it. The most important part of the game is the on the field gameplay for the most part is just like 2k5 with a few tweaks. Expected more gameplay upgrades, and more in general but it's still alot better than Madden or NCAA on the field. Using Legends kinda kills any type of franchise mode, but the off field part of the game is way too sparse. They could have had a lot of fun with the Crib and it's gone!!! What about 1st person view football. And the lack of customization to create the NFL was cruel. I'm happy having paid 40 for it. Having said that I would love to have gotten it for 21 or the lower prices it will hit in the coming weeks. It'll hit 14.98 (50%) next and then 7.48 (75%). I saw the PS3 version clearanced as well.

[quote name='canedaddy']Neither is any other football game.[/QUOTE]

Haha, so true. NFL 2K5 still reigns supreme, with no other football game even coming close.

[quote name='wd4000']its not even as good as NFL 2k5[/QUOTE]

That was implied, seeing how NFL 2K5 is still one of the greatest football games of all time, on any system.

I can confirm that it's $20.xx at my local Target, Delaware Plaza.

Kinda peeved that it dropped from $30 to $20 in less than a month. Then again, I got my copy as a gift.

[quote name='monkeyballer']is this for the 360 version?[/quote]
The ones that I saw on sale at Target were for the 360. I didn't notice if the one for the PS3 was also on sale.

It's weird because I was at my Target a little over a week ago and it was still at $59.99. I need to find a more ghetto Target maybe.

Regarding the game, I liked the demo a lot, but I think I'll only get frustrated once you run through the season and then have to start over again with a new team. The lack of a Franchise mode or at least a Season mode that lasts more than 1 season is what fucks me in my butthole.

Extremely disappointing. Novelty is good for a few games, but you'll see that it is just not what it could have been. The official NFL teams mean more to us football nuts than we think, to me, anyway.

Lacking in all modes, the franchise mode is a joke and overall this series does have potential, but expect a huge overhaul for 2K9, so that is why this is on sale so early.

It's not horrible, for 20 bucks you can do worse, but I was greatly disappointed when I rented it, and thank God I just rented it.

I played the demo, it was ok, but I like the idea of being able to put Barry Sanders (not just RB #20) on my team, along with other greats like Jerry Rice and creating a custom team. I'm not sure how you guys here felt about Blitz the League, but I never cared for that series until BTL came out, and I enjoyed that game quite a bit. Now with All Pro Football being $20, I'll go out and get it. I'm just surprised it dropped so quickly during the season, I don't think Blitz the League had a price cut until the NFL Playoffs.

I really enjoy this game. The gameplay is leaps and bounds better than Madden and the picking of your team really is fun, especially when you have a team you're trying to beat. There's a lot of strategy involved.

I paid $60 for it when it came out and I'm still playing it. Great online, as well!

If every other sports title in history is any indication, this game will be $6.50 by next year. And with no roster lists to keep up-to-date with, seems to me I might as well hold off for a while.

[quote name='kellehair']I'm so glad this game bombed so spectacuarly. I for one won't miss the whining of all the 2k fanboys.[/quote]

Yes, the whining is much worse than the suckfest EA pumps out year after year.
Monopolies always produce the best result for the consumer. :roll:

[quote name='Mook_Dawg']Haha, so true. NFL 2K5 still reigns supreme, with no other football game even coming close.[/quote]

Madden 2005 > NFL 2K5

this game is definately worth it at $20. I bought it for $30 and I love it. if there's a game that's not worth its price tag, it's definitely madden and its $60 price tag.

[quote name='antlive84']Hey guys I saw All Pro Football 2K8 on clearance for $20.98 at Target. I think this game is not as good as Madden, but just wanted to let those interested know.[/QUOTE]

You're right...its not AS good as Madden...its BETTER.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']You're right...its not AS good as Madden...its BETTER.[/quote]

Well in terms of the core gameplay, without a doubt, yes. But overall, the game is pretty shallow. There's really no substance to the game beyond its basic season mode. Its a darn shame because that makes the game overall inferior to its own predecessor. I really hope there is much more substance in 2K9 which i'm I have confidence 2K Sports will do.

The core gameplay is solid, hands down the best sim football gameplay out there with excellent presentation to boot (both Madden NFL and NCAA Football suck the big one in this category). The series just needs more substance around that core to retake its rightful throne in the eyes of many who realize its greatness.

I just checked with my Target again and it was out of stock. There wasn't even a placecard with a price. I'm assuming it went on sale shortly after I saw it for $60 and they sold out quickly.

I did get some deodorant though, so that should make people around me happy.

Played it for a couple of hours last night...I can see where the criticisms are coming from, and I have a few of my own, but it was certainly worthy of the $20 I put down for it. I'll wait on Madden '08 until next year when it becomes dirt cheap (already have Madden '07 for the Wii...now worthless and collecting dust as with all other sports games).

I saw this at the East Madison, WI Target for both the PS3 and 360 for this price.

I liked the game when I played it when it came out, but $59.99 was just too much.

It is a good football game, even with it's issues.

I picked mine up a couple days ago. Its Red Tagged clearance but seems to be the new price elsewhere. I opted for the Xbox over the PS3, but thats because i love acheivements. :)

[quote name='klwillis45']Yes, the whining is much worse than the suckfest EA pumps out year after year.
Monopolies always produce the best result for the consumer. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Actually the whining became so unbearable that, yes, a monopoly may be better. I haven't been happy with the quality of Madden lately (I didn't even buy one for 08) but the 2k fanboys were worse.

Been wanting to pick this up , was going to PM to Target, but didn't have to.

All-Star Pro Football 2k8 (PS3/360)-BB -$19.99

Clearance Bin-
Civil War (360)-14.99
Dark Kingdom (PS3)- 14.99
Def Jam Icon (PS3)-19.99

bread's done
Back