best game noone talks about for the wii?

Elebits.

Could have used a bit more polish, but I found it very enjoyable. It doesn't seem to get as much recognition as it should.

Worth a play-through, whether from renting, borrowing, or buying.

[quote name='The Crotch']I forget its name, actually. It's a 2D SHMUP. Has a level editor. And an enemy editor. And a ship editory. Something about blowing up the environment and using the debris as a shield. I'll have to look that one up again.[/quote]Are you sure it was a Wii game? Are you sure it wasn't... nothing?

[quote name='The Crotch']I forget its name, actually. It's a 2D SHMUP. Has a level editor. And an enemy editor. And a ship editory. Something about blowing up the environment and using the debris as a shield. I'll have to look that one up again.[/quote]

Isn't that No More Heroes, and it's not out yet, but it'll be excellent.

[quote name='The Crotch']
EDIT: The game is called "Blast Works".
Gamespot preview. Here is info on the editor.
[/quote]

The only place Ive ever seen coverage of that game was in a recent issue of Nin Power. It actually looks really cool. I had a few shmup creation kits for the Commodore 64, thats how long its been. Barring any sort of colossal screwups, I'll be getting this game.

As for games out now, I have to vote for MLB Power Pros. Hundreds of hours of gameplay in a $40 package. Im not even into baseball and this is great. Remember Baseball Stars? Yeah its that good.

WrestleCrap'sRD;3478444 said:
Excitetruck, no question about it.

RD

Thank God I am not the only one that feels this way. I know a couple that are in their 30's we had a literal blast taking turns on single player for about 3 hours. Shortly after they bought a wii.

The game is beyond awesome.

ExciteTruck gets my vote.

Elebits was such a neat concept, but I thought it could've used more time in development -- maybe I just had huge expectations.

Also, Puffa; you just invoked the name of Baseball Stars -- you'd better be right, because I'm seriously thinking of heading to TRU to pick it up now.

[quote name='Gator']

Also, Puffa; you just invoked the name of Baseball Stars -- you'd better be right, because I'm seriously thinking of heading to TRU to pick it up now.[/QUOTE]

Well look at it this way, what other Wii game has a single topic as many pages long as MLB all stars? I think its longer than the zelda thread isn't it? Thats saying something.

[quote name='Gator']
Also, Puffa; you just invoked the name of Baseball Stars -- you'd better be right, because I'm seriously thinking of heading to TRU to pick it up now.[/quote]

Now I want Excite Truck! That was the first Wii game I ever played (in a kiosk) and I loved it back then, just never got around to actually buying it.

Baseball Stars & BS2 are my fav baseball games ever. And the Power Pro series measures up.

[quote name='Puffa469']
Baseball Stars & BS2 are my fav baseball games ever. And the Power Pro series measures up.[/quote]

Baseball Stars Neo-Geo or NES? Not that either would be bad...

[quote name='kevlar51']Baseball Stars Neo-Geo or NES? Not that either would be bad...[/quote]

Im talking about the NES versions. I sadly never owned any Neo Geo equipment. =(

[quote name='Puffa469']I sadly never owned any Neo Geo equipment. =([/quote]

Well then it's time to take advantage of Gametap's 1/2 off special and get access to all those Neo Geo games isn't it? ;)

Another thing to check out is Goozex top trading wii games. Excite truck was way up there for a while.

I think that should be considered a good thing, people want it, and people have at least given it a chance to have enough to trade that many times. A lot of the unpopular games i.e. alien syndrome, heat seeker, sit idle with no trades even taking place yet.

[quote name='Number83']Are we talking Mini-Game Compilations or Mini-Game Compilations?[/QUOTE]
C'mon we both know theres more shovelware than mini game compilations.

[quote name='The Crotch']The biggest screw-up they could make would be to release this game full price. I can't pay full price for something I don't think I'm going to get a fuck-ton of play time out of.[/quote]

I can see this as a $30 game, hopefully no more than $40.

[quote name='Snake2715']C'mon we both know theres more shovelware than mini game compilations.[/QUOTE]

You mean there's a difference between the two?

;)

Excite Truck is worthy of all the love it is getting in this thread.
The Godfather absolutely, at 27 bucks used at GS there is no excuse to not play this game.

Honestly, I felt that Sonic was great for Wii, truly the best 3-D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2. The game looks fantastic, the controls are smooth and great fun when you get the hang of it, the sense of speed is just unreal I loved it and still do.

DBZ has been underrated tremendously. Excite Truck as well. I think we'll be adding Zack and Wiki to the list soon as well.

With some quality racing music on my SD card, Excite Truck. Hands down. Now that the next installment of Trauma Center is on the way, it is the only game I recommend to friends.

Hey! If you guys mention a game, it's no longer a game that "noone talks about."

If you guys keep mentioning these games, there won't be any more un-talked-about games left!

I picked up both Godfather and Excite Truck clearanced at 12.88 - so I'm glad to see Excite Truck mentioned here (Godfather is amazing, btw, esp if you haven't played it yet on any other system) .. I was curious about it at first, and almost returned it, but decided it can't be that bad for the price.

[quote name='schuerm26']Tiger Woods 08. Highly underrated. The only reason it got lower scores was because of graphics. The gameplay is great.[/quote]
The gameplay is absolute crap. The only control scheme that works is the nunchuck scheme and at that point, the whole point of getting the Wii version is cancelled out.

Can't say Elebits is it either. That was just an exercise in frustration.

I'd say Metal Slug Anniversary. So much arcadey goodness in one package.

Had Elebits not given me horrible, nauseating motion sickness I'd still own it. Great game otherwise.

That said, Excite Truck will rock your socks off. Unbelievable game--I wish Nintendo had delayed it to add more features. Make Excite Truck 2!!!

[quote name='Foladar']I picked up both Godfather and Excite Truck clearanced at 12.88 - so I'm glad to see Excite Truck mentioned here (Godfather is amazing, btw, esp if you haven't played it yet on any other system) .. I was curious about it at first, and almost returned it, but decided it can't be that bad for the price.[/QUOTE]

Hold the phone, where was it at $12.88? I would pick it up a third time for that price....

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I'd say Metal Slug Anniversary. So much arcadey goodness in one package.[/quote]

If your a hardcore Slug fan, the PS2 version is the way to go. There are some glitches in the Wii version that were fixed in the PS2 game. A casual fan may not notice, but the bosses not flashing yellow when you hit them annoyed the shit out of me.

[quote name='Puffa469']If your a hardcore Slug fan, the PS2 version is the way to go. There are some glitches in the Wii version that were fixed in the PS2 game. A casual fan may not notice, but the bosses not flashing yellow when you hit them annoyed the shit out of me.[/quote]
Didn't say it was the best version, as it's a great game whereever you get it. The flashing was never a problem for me, as it's easy to tell when you're hitting the bosses.

Elebits felt just like a tech-demo to me rather than a real game. Neat concept, but really needed a few more months in development.

Excite Truck is awesome. If anyone here hasn't played it, they need to.

Sonic is the same way. It ain't perfect, but it's a really fun ride that I enjoyed a lot.

I'm looking forward to trying out Godfather. I'd have gotten it already, but there's too much to play as is right now. And the way it looks, school + Orange Box + Phoenix Wright 3 + Castlevania PSP + Mario Galaxy has me busy well through to Christmas.

I don't think Trauma Center gets as much mention as it deserves. The game was fuckin' great and the sequel looks like it'll be far better. And c'mon - cooperative surgery for two players. You can not improve on that.

This thread amazes me. I've never heard Peter Noone talk about any Wii game. Just a lot of stuff about Henry VIII and Mrs. Brown and her lovely daughter.

[quote name='Snake2715']Hold the phone, where was it at $12.88? I would pick it up a third time for that price....[/QUOTE]
It was at Brandsmart, store is only in GA/FL i believe.

Add my vote for Excite Truck.

It's the only game I've ever played where I unlocked absolutely everything. The controls are absolutely perfect.

And this is coming from someone who does not like typical driving games like Forenza or Need for Speed.

[quote name='daminion']Add my vote for Excite Truck.

It's the only game I've ever played where I unlocked absolutely everything. The controls are absolutely perfect.

And this is coming from someone who does not like typical driving games like Forenza or Need for Speed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went through and was excited when I got the monster truck or whatever. Just before I sold it I got the invincible, constant turbo monster truck and that was crazy.

Wii games no one talks about, but are still fun?

Cars

It's fun times and rarely more than $20 anymore. Ridiculously amusing mini-games like "Tractor Tipping" and pretty solid racing controls for their race modes.

tOllenz,

I had a freind tell me he took it back as his 6 year old wouldnt even play it, he said he tried and the controls were beyond bad.

You didnt find any trouble with the controls?

[quote name='daroga']Elebits felt just like a tech-demo to me rather than a real game. Neat concept, but really needed a few more months in development.
[/QUOTE]

I thought the only thing it needed was a steadier frame-rate in some of the big levels. But it had a very extensive story-mode that actually took quite a while to finish with some Katamari-ish type gameplay. Plus there's all the optional secret-finding AND a pretty robust level editor. I think it went WAY beyond being a tech demo and was very full-featured for a near-launch title.

Snake2715 - As for Cars, me and my son played it pretty much all the way through and my son (7 years old) was able to complete just about every mission with little problem. He had to redo some of them a few times, but the controls seem fine. We just picked up the 360 version (because he wants achievements ;)) and he thinks the control is MUCH HARDER on that. Go figure!

[quote name='Snake2715']tOllenz,

I had a freind tell me he took it back as his 6 year old wouldnt even play it, he said he tried and the controls were beyond bad.

You didnt find any trouble with the controls?[/quote]

Nah cars plays pretty well. It's an entertaining kids game although the general game navigation can take some time getting used to -- it's hard to figure out what you are supposed to be doing at times.

bread's done
Back