ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox) $1.96 @ cc.com

Justin42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Did a quick search, hope this hasn't been posted a million times, but Circuitcity.com (boo!) has ESPN NFL 2K5 for the Xbox for $1.96 right now. I don't remember seeing it that low before (lately), and it's considered by many to be one of the best football games of all time (and was the game that proved Madden couldn't dominate NFL games-- til EA bought the exclusive rights to the NFL directly because of it).

Of course you have to pay $1.99 shipping but it's probably good filler material as well for an order close to $24.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/ESPN...97089/catOid/-13227/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Cool. I have the PS2 version, but I might just get this because of the insanely good price. I wonder if people are still playing it on Live?

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Seems like MS is pretty busy with latest 360 games. I wonder what's next new Pack BS list. It's been over 5 months & we still didn't have new BC pack list.

I still remember that I got that game for when it came out, along with NBA, College Hoops, and NHL 2K5 for $80. I was seriously in heaven- I had already been a 2K fan up until then.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Seems like MS is pretty busy with latest 360 games. I wonder what's next new Pack BS list. It's been over 5 months & we still didn't have new BC pack list.[/quote]

Seriously. I'm expecting one next month sometime (prob wishful thinking). Oh, if they make 2k5 B/C...if they do, it's on. CAG league!

[quote name='Ronin317']Seriously. I'm expecting one next month sometime (prob wishful thinking). Oh, if they make 2k5 B/C...if they do, it's on. CAG league![/quote]

Don't hold your breath for that 2K5 b/c. Too much drama/politics for it to happen with any likelihood.

I'd go so far as to say if NFL 2K5's engine WAS compatible, MS would disable it in the B/C list:bomb:

[quote name='lordwow']Still a superb game, probably the best football game of all time.[/quote]

Yep. That's one of the reasons it'll never be BC, this is the game that cost EA half a billion bucks;)

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']This is truly the best football game I've ever played. Pick it up if you still have an original XBox.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, get the latest roster and you are set...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The presentation in 2K5 has yet to be equaled in any sports game IMO. The gameplay is outdated now, but it is still solid.[/quote]

That area was perhaps the largest margin of superiority over Madden. Madden's presentation was and still is absolutely pathetic compared to NFL 2K5's. There is no excuse that even after snatching the ESPN license from them, they STILL have yet to do anything quality with the presentation with it. Thats just screams half-a$$ed to me.

I really hope Visual Concepts really builds on All Pro Football for next year. They certainly have the gameplay, visuals, and presentation, they just need the substance, and EA certainly needs the competition because I honestly believe they are sitting on that fact and putting out half-@$$ed products. I was especially unhappy with NCAA Football 08 (current gen). Its honestly the most broken football game i've played in years.

[quote name='VWarrior']That area was perhaps the largest margin of superiority over Madden. Madden's presentation was and still is absolutely pathetic compared to NFL 2K5's. There is no excuse that even after snatching the ESPN license from them, they STILL have yet to do anything quality with the presentation with it. Thats just screams half-a$$ed to me.

I really hope Visual Concepts really builds on All Pro Football for next year. They certainly have the gameplay, visuals, and presentation, they just need the substance, and EA certainly needs the competition because I honestly believe they are sitting on that fact and putting out half-@$$ed products. I was especially unhappy with NCAA Football 08 (current gen). Its honestly the most broken football game i've played in years.[/quote]

Yeah. I never understood why EA would get the ESPN license just to do nothing with it. I still didn't like playng on the defensive side of the ball much in 2K5, but the offense was great.

Maybe we should write a letter to Roger Goodell? :lol:

I don't care if Visual Concepts or who else makes a game, but competition is better for us consumers.

damn i only 2k5 with go BC this is a must have. but EA doesnt wantto lose $$ and all the licensing BS

i'd say 90% of gamers really want NFL 2k5 and MVP 05 to be BC, but unfortunately it will never happen. yet they make other crappy older games BC

if only my old xbox didnt break down, i'd be playing this all the time

2K5 isn't backwards compatible with the 360? That's some motherfucking goddamn bullshit.

And I'm not just cussing for the sake of it. I'm actually THAT pissed right now. fucking shit.

I hope this makes it into the next BC update... I was a huge fan of 2k sports from the Dreamcast days but NFL 2k5 was to quote Comic Book Guy "best sports game ever." Is there a poll where we can vote on games for next BC update? If not, we need to get one started for MS. I am considering purchasing this for $2 and hoping it makes the BC list.

I think people might be a bit too sinister of thoughts here for 2K5 not to be backwards compatible.

As a whole, sport games just don't hold audiences. Who still plays Madden 2004? Once a game is about 2 years old, it pretty much loses it's whole audience.

Now, NFL2k5 (and really, the 2K5 line) is one of the exceptions here. But, you would have to really have your pulse on the hardcore fan to know this. Look at certain decisions made (like, whatever policies were implemented that allowed the RRoD and when representatives came out early in the 360's life and said there would be no more BC updates done, and later recanted), to see that they don't neccessarily have their pulse on gamers wants.

That being said, did that many people really unload their Xbox's? Unitl earlier this year, many great Xbox games weren't BC, so you would think you would have a working Xbox lying around still.

There are a pile of old sports games on the 360 list, so the "people won't play them" excuse doesn't work. Hell, Tiger Woods 07 is BC and there was even a 360 version of it

This may be dead as I didn't see it on CC's site anymore, but I may have missed it. Anyway, NFL2k5 is on the next BC list coming out very soon! You should be able to get recent rosters on apfhq.com if you have a memory transfer kit to get the download onto your 360 (allpro football headquarters merged together nfl2k5forever.com and APF coverage). If this is dead, get 2k5 at EB/GS used for $3 and don't look back. For those on the other side of the EA/2k games fence, MVP 05 is now BC, too. It's $5 as a frontlane at Sears.

EDIT: THE NEW BC LIST IS OUT NOW NOT SOON!

On the off chance anyone is having a hard time finding this, let me know and we can work something out. My local GS has about 3-5 of them in stock, at 1.99-10% off of course.

None of you cheapass bretheren, read the game news the last few days? Shame on you, NFL 2K5 is now on the BC list ! check it yourself.

[quote name='tightclaws']None of you cheapass bretheren, read the game news the last few days? Shame on you, NFL 2K5 is now on the BC list ! check it yourself.[/QUOTE]

You hear that? It's the sound of EA shitting themselves. =P

The presentation and style of NFL2k5 is still superior to any Madden today. If you try to argue with me, then you're a fool.

bread's done
Back