Everyday Shooter, Flow, Calling All Cars, Pixel Junk Racers $5 each on PSN Store

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Thanks dallow!
[quote name='dallow']Calling All Cars and Everyday Shooter are originally $9.99, with fl0w originally $7.99 and PixelJunk Racers originally $6.99.[/quote] Ends Nov. 29th

I think I'll get Everyday Shooter.

Does anyone have any opinions on these? Judging from the demo, pixel junk racers is garbage, but are the other three any good?

calling all cars has received some very solid reviews mostly for having great multiplayer. i'll prob pick it up.

thanks cheapy!

Dammit I am trying to boycot the store with the deletion of the emotion chip...
but EveryDay Shooter will be my first purchase...

Thanks Op ...dammit ... lol frickin Sony....

Gonna go with Everyday Shooter and Flow, although Calling All Cars is also asking for a purchase since David Jaffe is a genius.

[quote name='Chitown021']I really like Calling All Cars. It's fun when I can find people on-line to play against.[/quote]Hopefully this sale will get some people online.
Last time I checked, it was a ghost town.

Everyday shooter is incredible, and you should buy if only to support the creator (Jonathan Mak) who wrote the entire game himself.

The yo-yo sales on PS store are driving me nuts, I have bought flow, CAC and ES all for full price in between them all. Some CAG I am.

[quote name='CheapyD']Hopefully this sale will get some people online.
Last time I checked, it was a ghost town.[/QUOTE]

A ghost town at the very least has ghosts and a rundown saloon. The online service is less than that....and this is coming from someone who loves the PSN games. The offerings are the best of the three.

I have all of those games (PSN impulse buyer :D), and I think Calling All Cars is easily the best one. Good, wholesome party fun, great online. Everyday Shooter is alright, but I got bored with it very quickly. Stay away from fl0W

[quote name='CheapyD']Thanks dallow!
Ends Nov. 29th

I think I'll get Everyday Shooter.[/quote]

It's really really good I paid $10. Even knowing it's onsale for half I'm still happy. You will enjoy it.

I've had a lot of fun with CAC, but it may not be for everybody. I can find a decent game about half of the time I check online.

I couldn't get into Everyday Shooter. It was just too weird to me.

I don't know if these are on sale but:
- Super Stardust
- Blast Factor
(if I am remembering them correctly)
are good.

Do I have to upgrade to firmware 2.01 in order to sign into PSN? I don't want to upgrade when people are still reporting problem with their games after upgrading to 2.01....

Isn't that the regular price on Pixeljunk racers? Everyday Shooter is great. I have an upcoming interview with Jonathon Mak.

OT: It's pretty ballsy to include the name 'junk' in your game.

I meant to grab Calling All Cars! last discounted price, so hopefully I'll get a chance to grab it this time. thanks for heads up.

The best part is no matter what the games won't be sold out.
Think I'll get Everyday Shooter. Was going to grab it at 9.99, so its a steal at 4.99!

I'm definitely getting Flow and Everyday Shooter. I might get PixelJunk Racers also. Is Calling All Cars online only or does it have single player?

I wish Microsoft would do this too because there are a lot of games that are worth $5 but its not worth it to pay $10 for most of them

[quote name='bballplaya210']I'm definitely getting Flow and Everyday Shooter. I might get PixelJunk Racers also. Is Calling All Cars online only or does it have single player?

I wish Microsoft would do this too because there are a lot of games that are worth $5 but its not worth it to pay $10 for most of them[/quote]

It has quick play, tournament (well, it's kind of a misnomer), and split-screen multiplayer as well.

Just picked up Everyday Shooter and fLOw. Everyday Shooter's graphics are pretty trippy but aside from the graphics, it was still just... a... everyday shooter... ahem, fLOw on the other hand, was pretty addictive for me. At first I was pretty pissed because I couldn't get the hang of the controls but then it just clicked and I was munching the white circle thingies faster than you can say Pacman.

OT: I'm happy that they lowered the price but that's not a substitute for more PS1 games. If only Sony wasn't so hung up about making them all compatible with the PSP, they could pump 'em out faster like Nintendo does.

Everyday Shooter is great. Calling All Cars is fun for a while, but nobody plays online anymore. flOw is a neat little thing, that I need to repurchase, damnit my ps3 is in the shop and I know I won't get it back till December.

[quote name='jjmai']Do I have to upgrade to firmware 2.01 in order to sign into PSN? I don't want to upgrade when people are still reporting problem with their games after upgrading to 2.01....[/quote]

According to Wikipedia, yes:
[quote name='Wikipedia']
Store access requires the current PS3 firmware version (2.0 at time of update).
[/quote]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Store#Content

-- Oxygen

What's the DRM situation with these? Is it still crappy like the 360 and Wii? My understanding is it's restricted to 5 pieces of hardware, with not way to deauthorize? Still better than the Wii's situation, and probably you'd never need more than 5 pieces of hardware, but...

[quote name='homiebear']Is it me or is Canadian PSN pricing of Everyday Shooter at $5.99? How is it a full dollar more than USD pricing?[/QUOTE]

I'd guess either because there's a different sale, or the prices don't yet reflect the value of the Canadian dollar versus the U.S. dollar.

Calling All Cars is fun. However, I've tried online play like 5 times and there were about negative 5 people there. So, playing it yourself loses it's appeal quick. Hopefully more people get online with it. Hit me up if you wanna play: njpunk24. I'm hoping they drop Puzzle Figher one of these days. But I guess since it's published by Capcom it won't happen. Love that game.

I'll probably pick up ES, it looks interesting.

CAC sounds online focused and probably not my bag. The demo for Pixel Junk Racers was awful.

I bought flOW sometime back when it went on sale. I wish I hadn't. If you like to "zone out" and waste time with a relaxing game then go for it. If you prefer games with a point, or have several real games to play, then it will be a waste of money. A fun tech demo for 10 min. but not worth $5, IMO.

[quote name='donut']Dammit I am trying to boycot the store with the deletion of the emotion chip...
but EveryDay Shooter will be my first purchase...

Thanks Op ...dammit ... lol frickin Sony....[/QUOTE]

They arn't really related... and If you can find a 60gb or 20gb ps3, buy it to get the chip!

bread's done
Back