- - - - -

Yeah Right

#61 worx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7370 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:22 AM

S/he is full of shit.

definitely :roll:

#62 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42367 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:12 AM

S/he is full of shit.

It looks like they're just going and listing random rare and upcoming games. And they're claiming that they're all complete...that's kind of one of the big giveaways there.

Just look at the listings. NO ONE has 11 complete copies of Chrono Trigger. No one.

Alright, I reported the first 90-something auctions, now the rest of you need to report the rest. :roll:

#63 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42367 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:37 AM

Alright, I reported the first 90-something auctions, now the rest of you need to report the rest. :roll:

Forget that, I took care of it on my own. Thanks for helping. :roll:

#64 worx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7370 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:40 AM

Forget that, I took care of it on my own. Thanks for helping. :roll:

Haha, I submitted on Suidoken II and just said he appeared to have a very large quantity of "rare" merchandise he was selling far below what it normall fetches.

#65 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42367 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:52 AM

Haha, I submitted on Suidoken II and just said he appeared to have a very large quantity of "rare" merchandise he was selling far below what it normall fetches.

I reported them as either counterfeit items or unauthorized copies.

#66 Sailorneorune   E'ville Queen of Trading CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Sailorneorune

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:52 AM

Dirt-cheap Chrono made my bullshit detector go off. Prayers go out to all who bought something from this person; maybe they'll shed some light on the subject.

laytonicksig.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
WATCHING Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2
READING Fullmetal Alchemist

#67 thetshell   Who needs a title..... CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

Note: I have no intention of buying from this seller.

That said, I sent him a message for fun asking three simple questions. In typical scammer fashion, he only answered one of them and ignored the others.

I sent:

Three questions:
- Do your games include original case and instructions?
- In the item description it lists shipping as $1.99, yet the shipping price shown by eBay varies from $1.99 to $3.99. Please explain your shipping charges.
- Any chance you could provide pictures of the actual games instead of stock photos?
Thanks

and they replied (from [email protected]):

Hello,
Yes, all our games (unless otherwise specified in the description) come complete with case, disc, and instructions.
All games are like-new retail copies.
Thanks!
-Joe

#68 Sailorneorune   E'ville Queen of Trading CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Sailorneorune

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:10 PM

Figures. *sigh*
Turns out this person IS some jerk out to make a quick buck from less intelligent cheap-ass gamers out there...

laytonicksig.png

#69 soulwish2003   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

soulwish2003

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:13 PM

$20 for RE4 used? I'm so tempted but this guy has 0 feedback. It is an eBay store though so maybe he is just getting started...

Ebay stores are some of the nastiest (think Yahoo stores/Amazon Marketplace).

#70 CoffeeEdge   Resident Communaut CAGiversary!   8535 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

That said, I sent him a message for fun asking three simple questions. In typical scammer fashion, he only answered one of them and ignored the others.

[/snip]

At least you got a reply. He never replied to my question about how he is selling used copies of games that aren't out yet.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#71 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42367 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:34 PM

At least you got a reply. He never replied to my question about how he is selling used copies of games that aren't out yet.

If he's able to bring back used copies of games that haven't come out, selling time travel technology might be a bit more lucrative that this fucked-up scam.

#72 worx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7370 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:36 PM

and they replied (from [email protected]):

Hello,
Yes, all our games (unless otherwise specified in the description) come complete with case, disc, and instructions.
All games are like-new retail copies.
Thanks!
-Joe

just want to point out - no relation ;)

#73 OldKai   Don't Mess With the Old. CAGiversary!   1019 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

His store is now closed. There's a shock, looks like this was a total scam.

#74 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:05 PM

He's also been NARU'd.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#75 Beana Blasta   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Beana Blasta

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:08 PM

wow, i wonder what happened

#76 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37482 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:16 PM

wow, i wonder what happened

You replied after clicking a link without reading the replies in the thread, it seems.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#77 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42367 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

He's also been NARU'd.

I guess my submissions to Ebay had them look into the matter a little further.

Good riddance to that piece of trash.

#78 Sailorneorune   E'ville Queen of Trading CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Sailorneorune

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:22 AM

This is great news. If I actually knew you, Shrike, I'd give you a hug.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Clear the way for honest sellers.

laytonicksig.png

#79 Graystone   ` CAGiversary!   15662 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:38 AM

SCAM and probably bootlegs.

#80 CoffeeEdge   Resident Communaut CAGiversary!   8535 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:03 AM

SCAM and probably bootlegs.

I doubt the games, or bootlegs thereof, ever even existed. I'm thinking he was looking to take a few payments and run.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#81 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42367 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

This is great news. If I actually knew you, Shrike, I'd give you a hug.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Clear the way for honest sellers.

I'd like to think I wasn't the only person who reported that, since there's no way anyone BS detector wouldn't go off with that. If I was, then at least someone did it.

Hopefully, this jackass was caught before anyone lost their money. Which makes me think, if this person completed a sale to someone and then their auctions were removed and them de-listed, what happens to the people that sent in money? Just like we've heard before, deal with the post office & BidPay?

#82 wubb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   20114 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:07 PM

Hopefully, this jackass was caught before anyone lost their money. Which makes me think, if this person completed a sale to someone and then their auctions were removed and them de-listed, what happens to the people that sent in money? Just like we've heard before, deal with the post office & BidPay?

Yep, eBay doesn't handle any part of the transaction except being the 'location' so anyone that has already paid is more than likely SOL unless they want to pursue legal action.

I'm actually pretty surprised eBay removed those listings as everything except the games that aren't out yet could have technically been legit. Since he was NARU'd it's maybe possible they looked and discovered a previous scammer that used his same address or phone number (so they assumed it's the same guy and shut him down.)

#83 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42367 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:24 PM

Yep, eBay doesn't handle any part of the transaction except being the 'location' so anyone that has already paid is more than likely SOL unless they want to pursue legal action.

I'm actually pretty surprised eBay removed those listings as everything except the games that aren't out yet could have technically been legit. Since he was NARU'd it's maybe possible they looked and discovered a previous scammer that used his same address or phone number (so they assumed it's the same guy and shut him down.)

Next time, I'll just start my post out with "So, wubb, what happens when......" :D

All I did was put in my submissions for them to take a look at them. Whatever happened beyond that was eBay's call. Then again, if you're a scammer, why would you use the same address and phone #? Isn't that really stupid? :dunce:

#84 La Li Lu Le Lo   You had me at Halo. CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

La Li Lu Le Lo

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

:-({|=