Gamestop Got me on return fraud.

decrot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I just went to gamestop and tried to return a defective memory card. My little brother got a ps2 and also purchased 3 memory cards. one of the memory cards turned out to be defective. I then took his memory card for him and tried to return it to gamestop, thinking that this is where it originated from. He got 3 memory cards from 3 different places so I honestly didn't know what came from where.

When i got there I gave him the receipt and he proceeded to exchange the memory card for me. I got the gift card and started to look around at some games. The all of a sudden he called me over and took me to the side. He looked at the card and it said that it was a 32mb memory card in a package that was for a 8mb memory card. The receipt also stated that it was also a 8mb card that was purchased from the store. I apologized and I honestly didn't know if it was from that store or not. I honestly didn't try to commit return fraud. Then he proceeded to give me a real dirty ass look and told me not to try to pull that "shit" on him. I really couldn't say anything since it really did look like I was trying to commit return fraud. He took back my card and gave me a receipt and my card back. I felt really embarrased. I told him it was an honest mistake and I sure that he didn't think so.

funny thing was, I purchased a ps2 from this exact same guy from a black friday sale. There was a $30 GC when you got a ps2 that was supposed to be included. The ps2 rang up for 99.99 and the total was about $140. I asked him where was my GC and he said that it was subtracted from the system itself. I had to argue with him for 20 mins that companies usually charge you a GC during these promos as if you where purchasing one while subtracting it from the product itself.

So he got you for returning a bigger memory card than what you were supposed to return? Thats the stupidest return fraud I have ever heard of. Get the right card and bring it in there for credit, why would your bro need 3 more memory cards?

it was that particular card that i needed to return, so i have to go to a different store to return it.

my bro needs the cards because some sports games require alot of memory.

edit: looking at all the receipts from target and walmart, they all say 8mb card for some reason.
I do not know where this card came from and looks like im stuck with a defective card.
I don't know what is going on and how I got a 32mb card.

[quote name='decrot']There was a $30 GC when you got a ps2 that was supposed to be included. The ps2 rang up for 99.99 and the total was about $140. I asked him where was my GC and he said that it was subtracted from the system itself.[/quote]

$129.99 - $30 GC = $99.99, but after tax shouldn't be at $140, that's the tax as if it was $130, it should've been right around $110. Did you buy any games with it or anything?

[quote name='GizmoGC']My head hurts.

Please tell me you are in 7th grade and thats why your writing is so bad. Please.[/quote]

Well excuse me Mr. Passive Aggressive.

[quote name='GizmoGC']My head hurts.

Please tell me you are in 7th grade and thats why your writing is so bad. Please.[/quote]

I don't understand this.

Everything was fairly clear and he actually used capitalization and periods. Why is his "writing so bad"?

Please tell me why you skipped elementary school language arts and therefore can't comprehend cohesive sentences. Please.

Giz just likes to be confrontational, like me, best option to avoid a future exchange is just put him on your ignore list like I have.

As for the multiple memory card thing, were any of them bought USED? If not, then I'd say to look for the words MAX MEMORY on the receipts, since that is the only type of card that I know of that's larger than the standard cards.

Those Max Memory cards are shit, if you ask me, since I tried buying one back when I got my first PS2 in 2001. It would format every time I turned on the system and tried playing a game. I stuck with official memory cards after that, since I didn't want to trust another one for my game saves after the piss poor performance of the first one.

You could of saved yourself all this headache and embarassment if you had just ask your brother where the memory card(s) were purchased from.

That GS guy probably has his eyes on you from now on. Go to another GS.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Giz just likes to be confrontational, like me, best option to avoid a future exchange is just put him on your ignore list like I have.[/QUOTE]

Is that what it is? I thought he was just an asshole.

I don't know how many times I've bought miss marked items from GameStop, the last one was a Wii Lan Adapter marked as a GameCube one for $1.49.

In this MMORPG that we call "IRL". Shit happens. That GS employee needs to understand that.

I feel for you, and I can't beleive that the stupid GS employee said you almost did return fraud. That's totaly bs. It's like if I return an Xbox Elite,with a receipt for an Xbox Pro Console. I've commited a felony?

Oh noes I'm teh l33t scammaaarrr!!?!?!

[quote name='decrot']Well excuse me Mr. Passive Aggressive.[/quote]

No need to get worked up over Gizmo, he is laughed at on forums all over the net because he is a shill. Just laugh at him like everyone else and move on.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I don't know how many times I've bought miss marked items from GameStop, the last one was a Wii Lan Adapter marked as a GameCube one for $1.49.[/quote]

Gamestop mismarks items you say? The hell you say. That explains how I got Destroy All Humans 2 in the case for Destroy All Humans in my shopgoodwill auction I won. It was clearly marked with a lovely Gamestop sticker. At first, I didn't even notice it was the second one, but once I went back through my package to check condition on the discs, I just laughed a bit at the mistake.

[quote name='slickkill77']I still dont get why they would think it was fraud when you returned a memory card that was 4x bigger in size...[/quote]

Because it was defective and they couldn't resell it to someone else again, of course.

The employee should have kept his mouth shut and just let you walk out. But no he had to say "Hay mon, you tried to rip me off by returning a bigger memry card in a smaller memry card box!"

I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't go back to that store.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Giz just likes to be confrontational, like me, best option to avoid a future exchange is just put him on your ignore list like I have.[/quote]

I laughed when I read the end of that sentence...

Seriously, though, that would have been the perfect magazine rack/glitter oppurtunity.

[quote name='blitz6speed']No need to get worked up over Gizmo, he is laughed at on forums all over the net because he is a shill. Just laugh at him like everyone else and move on.[/QUOTE]

How am I shill?

Do you even know what that means or did you read that on Blu-ray.com? :roll:

[quote name='Scorch']$129.99 - $30 GC = $99.99, but after tax shouldn't be at $140, that's the tax as if it was $130, it should've been right around $110. Did you buy any games with it or anything?[/quote]

if the guy typed in the $30 gift card offer as a coupon, then the tax would be calculated from the price BEFORE the $30 reduction. in some states it's done this way. so would make sense why the tax is so jacked up from $99.99. though why it would be jacked up all the way $140, i have NO clue!

OP I FEEL FOR YA MAN

HERE IS SOMETHING FUNNY FROM WHAT LEEK POSTED

shill

to chill whilst shitting; to shit and chill.

"man, i really feel like taking a dump. i also feel like relaxing. i am going to shill on the crapper."

THAT SOME LAZY BUT FUNNY STUFF THERE

[quote name='blitz6speed']No need to get worked up over Gizmo, he is laughed at on forums all over the net because he is a shill. Just laugh at him like everyone else and move on.[/QUOTE]

LOL @ Gizmo

I found this blast from the past story oddly entertaining, but the thread bumper is totally a scammer. 

Approaching the 10 year anniversary of this thread. I wonder if the OP is still around and if that guy is still working at that GS.

bread's done
Back